Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT Compatibility
Dear Admin,

I bought an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT graphics Card on 29.09.2009. I have an original Intel DG41RQ1 motherboard, Intel Quad Core ( Q8400, 2.67 ghz ) processor, 2x2=4 GB 800 mhz Kingston RAM ( bought on 29.09.2009, all of them). When ever I am trying to play a game, it runs for a minute or two then the screen gets stuck and then it gets distorted as colour fades out and eventually comes up with an error message related to display driver. I then have to reboot my PC manually.

It happens with any game i.e: Need for speed, Swat 3, Midtown Madness, Recoil ( even games which run on my Celeron 400 mhz, 10 years old PC encounter the same problem in my new one as stated above)

I have downloaded the driver from Nvidia's site and installed it, Live updated Direct x 10 from Microsoft's support site. Checked and found that all the required settings are properly in place as instructed by the graphics card manual.

Took the PC to Supreme Computers ( the vendor from whom I got this PC and graphics together) this month. They said that the graphics card is not compatible with my motherboard. When I bought the PC they were the ones to advise and create the configuration, but now they are saying that they are helpless. They unplugged the Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT graphics Card, and now I can play atleast most of the games playable.

With another 18 months warranty to go the graphics card is now resting beside my PC covered in a yellow box well protected.

Can you help me with this. I want to know the compatibility aspect and probable solutions for the same.

Eagerly waiting for state of the art customer service from a company of International repute.

Warm Regards,

Shantanu Chakravarty
cshantanu26@gmail.com.
Dear Admin,

I bought an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT graphics Card on 29.09.2009. I have an original Intel DG41RQ1 motherboard, Intel Quad Core ( Q8400, 2.67 ghz ) processor, 2x2=4 GB 800 mhz Kingston RAM ( bought on 29.09.2009, all of them). When ever I am trying to play a game, it runs for a minute or two then the screen gets stuck and then it gets distorted as colour fades out and eventually comes up with an error message related to display driver. I then have to reboot my PC manually.

It happens with any game i.e: Need for speed, Swat 3, Midtown Madness, Recoil ( even games which run on my Celeron 400 mhz, 10 years old PC encounter the same problem in my new one as stated above)

I have downloaded the driver from Nvidia's site and installed it, Live updated Direct x 10 from Microsoft's support site. Checked and found that all the required settings are properly in place as instructed by the graphics card manual.

Took the PC to Supreme Computers ( the vendor from whom I got this PC and graphics together) this month. They said that the graphics card is not compatible with my motherboard. When I bought the PC they were the ones to advise and create the configuration, but now they are saying that they are helpless. They unplugged the Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT graphics Card, and now I can play atleast most of the games playable.

With another 18 months warranty to go the graphics card is now resting beside my PC covered in a yellow box well protected.

Can you help me with this. I want to know the compatibility aspect and probable solutions for the same.

Eagerly waiting for state of the art customer service from a company of International repute.

Warm Regards,

Shantanu Chakravarty

cshantanu26@gmail.com.

Posted 05/02/2010 06:59 AM   
The whole specs to your computer are needed including what your power supply is. I would try to uninstall the drivers again. Use the program driver sweeper to make sure they are all out of the system. Then I would install the drivers that came with the card. I cannot see that card being not compatible with your board.
The whole specs to your computer are needed including what your power supply is. I would try to uninstall the drivers again. Use the program driver sweeper to make sure they are all out of the system. Then I would install the drivers that came with the card. I cannot see that card being not compatible with your board.

Processor: AMD Phenom IIx2 3.1ghz unlocked to 4 cores 3.33 ghz, 8 gigs OCZ DDR3 1600 Memory,WD 250 gig HD, Onboard sound, 22x DVD/RW drive ,Altec Lansing 2.1 speaker and sub, MOMO Racing FF Wheel and Pedals, ECS GT240 1gb GDDR5, Thermaltake 775w Modular Power Supply

Posted 05/02/2010 07:06 AM   
Scroll To Top