ForceWare 256.x Where is 256 driver release..?
  1 / 11    
I'm wondering if the 256.x driver isn't released yet. It's officially scheduled for April 2010. This month will end up tomorrow!

There is no official statement from nvidia regarding information about a delay yet.
I guess more and more GTX4XX users are waiting for them (or at least for some information) /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />
I'm wondering if the 256.x driver isn't released yet. It's officially scheduled for April 2010. This month will end up tomorrow!

There is no official statement from nvidia regarding information about a delay yet.

I guess more and more GTX4XX users are waiting for them (or at least for some information) /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

Posted 04/29/2010 12:01 PM   
Where do you see an "official" release date to begin?...
Where do you see an "official" release date to begin?...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 04/29/2010 01:53 PM   
Straight from Nvidia website, 3D Vision section.

"Support for NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Technology on GeForce 400/200 Series GPUs requires NVIDIA Driver Release 256* or higher. (*Scheduled for April 2010)"

Depends on if you take scheduled for official... but obviously it's not going as scheduled.

Vas.
Straight from Nvidia website, 3D Vision section.

"Support for NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Technology on GeForce 400/200 Series GPUs requires NVIDIA Driver Release 256* or higher. (*Scheduled for April 2010)"

Depends on if you take scheduled for official... but obviously it's not going as scheduled.

Vas.

Posted 04/30/2010 03:17 AM   
Was dropping by to say that very same thing.
Seems like they missed the schedule.
Too bad.
Was dropping by to say that very same thing.

Seems like they missed the schedule.

Too bad.

Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 mobo

Phenom II X4 @ 3.2GHz (stock)

2x 2 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3 1600MHz

eVGA GeForce GTX470

1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3

DVD-RW + BD-ROM

Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU

Samsung C7000 46" 3D LED TV over HDMI

Denon 1612 AVR over HDMI

Klipsch HD Theater 1000 speaker system

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Posted 04/30/2010 04:41 AM   
It doesn't look like it will be finished by tomorrow. Our software team is working hard to provide a quality release which we hope to make available soon.
It doesn't look like it will be finished by tomorrow. Our software team is working hard to provide a quality release which we hope to make available soon.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 04/30/2010 05:10 AM   
@jaafaman: Please read my text: "officially scheduled". I didn't write about a official release date.

@ManuelG: Do you think GTX400 users are happy if nobody tells them what's going on...? Instead of just let us waiting, you could tell us when we can expect these drivers.

"...which we hope to make available soon." -> you are selling GPUs with the perspective of NVIDIA Sourround.. If we are lucky we will get for what we have paid for SOON?

THAT'S FRUSTRATING!
@jaafaman: Please read my text: "officially scheduled". I didn't write about a official release date.

@ManuelG: Do you think GTX400 users are happy if nobody tells them what's going on...? Instead of just let us waiting, you could tell us when we can expect these drivers.

"...which we hope to make available soon." -> you are selling GPUs with the perspective of NVIDIA Sourround.. If we are lucky we will get for what we have paid for SOON?

THAT'S FRUSTRATING!

Posted 04/30/2010 07:52 AM   
[quote name='silvanme' post='1047834' date='Apr 30 2010, 03:52 AM']...THAT'S FRUSTRATING![/quote]
(edit - remember typing this out? "[i]It's [b]officially[/b] scheduled for April 2010[/i]" Puts my original use of quotation marks clearly into context.)

No, a pre-emptive strike to get an edge on the rush is the frustrating part - your timing on the purchase a bit premature.

But since you're digging for clues in all the little crooks and nannies, then consider this:

3DSurround
3DTV Play
3-Screen SLI
Inclusion of Mobile Graphics into the UDA
Extending 4-Way SLI to the high-end 200s

All come together starting with the 256-series drivers. Last anticipated release I recall reading from the Press Releases was for 3DTV Play's release in mid-May, but guess what?

I just went back to the News Room and the date's no longer there. But if you go to the FAQ for it, you find the entry
[url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2578&p_created=1269030602&p_sid=5usR4F-j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjksMjkmcF9wcm9kcz0xNTUmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0xLjE1NSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1"]When will NVIDIA 3DTV Play be available to purchase?[/url]

and the anticipated date is now Summer. May is closer to mid-Spring.

The tech's not even released yet and folks are screaming already as to WTF nVidia's not supporting 2 3D screens and 3 WoW/browsing screens at the same time on any monitor they can cobble into the framework.

"Are we there yet"
"No"
"Are we there yet"
"No"
"Are we there yet"
"No"
"Are we there yet"
"No"

...time out while we reset the Dharma count...

"Are we there yet"
"No"
"Are we there yet"
"No"
"Are we there yet"
"No"
"Are we there yet"
"No"
[quote name='silvanme' post='1047834' date='Apr 30 2010, 03:52 AM']...THAT'S FRUSTRATING!

(edit - remember typing this out? "It's officially scheduled for April 2010" Puts my original use of quotation marks clearly into context.)

No, a pre-emptive strike to get an edge on the rush is the frustrating part - your timing on the purchase a bit premature.

But since you're digging for clues in all the little crooks and nannies, then consider this:

3DSurround

3DTV Play

3-Screen SLI

Inclusion of Mobile Graphics into the UDA

Extending 4-Way SLI to the high-end 200s

All come together starting with the 256-series drivers. Last anticipated release I recall reading from the Press Releases was for 3DTV Play's release in mid-May, but guess what?

I just went back to the News Room and the date's no longer there. But if you go to the FAQ for it, you find the entry

When will NVIDIA 3DTV Play be available to purchase?

and the anticipated date is now Summer. May is closer to mid-Spring.

The tech's not even released yet and folks are screaming already as to WTF nVidia's not supporting 2 3D screens and 3 WoW/browsing screens at the same time on any monitor they can cobble into the framework.

"Are we there yet"

"No"

"Are we there yet"

"No"

"Are we there yet"

"No"

"Are we there yet"

"No"

...time out while we reset the Dharma count...

"Are we there yet"

"No"

"Are we there yet"

"No"

"Are we there yet"

"No"

"Are we there yet"

"No"

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 04/30/2010 11:38 AM   
ManualG- firstly thanks for the update but when you say soon does that mean; a week, month? Please be a little more specific as there are some eagerly awaiting surround gaming hopefuls.

Also can you comment on 3-way SLI 480s compatibility with surround gaming?

Thanks in advance.
ManualG- firstly thanks for the update but when you say soon does that mean; a week, month? Please be a little more specific as there are some eagerly awaiting surround gaming hopefuls.

Also can you comment on 3-way SLI 480s compatibility with surround gaming?

Thanks in advance.

Posted 04/30/2010 01:00 PM   
He's trying to say that the team's working as fast as they can, but it won't be immediately. To get any more specific would violate the company's standing policy of not commenting on unreleased products, and Manuel is most decidedly one of the rare nVidia employees lending a hand to these Forums. It won't be comfortable for him if you press any further.

As to 3-Way support, they're still trying to fix the single screen issue, aren't they? One step at a time, please...
He's trying to say that the team's working as fast as they can, but it won't be immediately. To get any more specific would violate the company's standing policy of not commenting on unreleased products, and Manuel is most decidedly one of the rare nVidia employees lending a hand to these Forums. It won't be comfortable for him if you press any further.

As to 3-Way support, they're still trying to fix the single screen issue, aren't they? One step at a time, please...

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 04/30/2010 01:08 PM   
I was looking for a more specific release date, or information about development progress, not for any nvidia fanboy pribble-prabble.

I was looking for a more specific release date, or information about development progress, not for any nvidia fanboy pribble-prabble.

Posted 04/30/2010 02:19 PM   
Ya got everything available.

Take it or leave it - neither way costs me any sleep. How 'bout you?...
Ya got everything available.

Take it or leave it - neither way costs me any sleep. How 'bout you?...

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 04/30/2010 02:21 PM   
Judging by Manuel's response, it'll be likely released minimum one week and less than one month.
Judging by Manuel's response, it'll be likely released minimum one week and less than one month.

Posted 04/30/2010 02:43 PM   
[quote name='NazzcaPro' post='1048003' date='Apr 30 2010, 10:43 AM']Judging by Manuel's response, it'll be likely released minimum one week and less than one month.[/quote]
I'm not sure speculation will fit his demand for an "official" response. Nor is it liable to alleviate the situation if that whole month happens to go by before summer gets here and he still doesn't have it...
[quote name='NazzcaPro' post='1048003' date='Apr 30 2010, 10:43 AM']Judging by Manuel's response, it'll be likely released minimum one week and less than one month.

I'm not sure speculation will fit his demand for an "official" response. Nor is it liable to alleviate the situation if that whole month happens to go by before summer gets here and he still doesn't have it...

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 04/30/2010 02:49 PM   
It's an optimistic guess and getting on my case because of that is uncalled for. My point is - NVIDIA keeps reasonably within their deadlines and I strongly don't forsee it stretching more than a month. Take it or leave it.
It's an optimistic guess and getting on my case because of that is uncalled for. My point is - NVIDIA keeps reasonably within their deadlines and I strongly don't forsee it stretching more than a month. Take it or leave it.

Posted 04/30/2010 02:57 PM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1047966' date='Apr 30 2010, 02:08 PM']He's trying to say that the team's working as fast as they can, but it won't be immediately. To get any more specific would violate the company's standing policy of not commenting on unreleased products, and Manuel is most decidedly one of the rare nVidia employees lending a hand to these Forums. It won't be comfortable for him if you press any further.

As to 3-Way support, they're still trying to fix the single screen issue, aren't they? One step at a time, please...[/quote]

Hi silvanme,

I agree with jaafaman. Nvidia cannot disclose a release date for their new Forceware 256 drivers (not even a hint as to when it will be). I do recall that when another poster asked this question they were informed, the drivers will be released “when they are ready”.

I am totally in favour of them being released when they are ready since if they are released too early, they will likely cause issues and nobody wants that. However long it takes I am 100% willing to wait.

I agree that the new drivers will offer a feature that is highly sought after, namely Nvidia 3D Vision Surround Technology but wouldn’t you rather wait until the drivers are ready rather than them being rushed to be released on the last day of April?

Just be patient and wait. I am sure the wait will be worth it! /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Jimboc
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1047966' date='Apr 30 2010, 02:08 PM']He's trying to say that the team's working as fast as they can, but it won't be immediately. To get any more specific would violate the company's standing policy of not commenting on unreleased products, and Manuel is most decidedly one of the rare nVidia employees lending a hand to these Forums. It won't be comfortable for him if you press any further.

Hi silvanme,

I agree with jaafaman. Nvidia cannot disclose a release date for their new Forceware 256 drivers (not even a hint as to when it will be). I do recall that when another poster asked this question they were informed, the drivers will be released “when they are ready”.

I am totally in favour of them being released when they are ready since if they are released too early, they will likely cause issues and nobody wants that. However long it takes I am 100% willing to wait.

I agree that the new drivers will offer a feature that is highly sought after, namely Nvidia 3D Vision Surround Technology but wouldn’t you rather wait until the drivers are ready rather than them being rushed to be released on the last day of April?

Just be patient and wait. I am sure the wait will be worth it! /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Jimboc

Useful GPU Temperature Monitoring Guide , The Unofficial NVIDIA SLI Technology User Reference Guide , Nvidia Multi GPU SLI/PhysX Setup Guide , NVLDDMKM Problems (Very Helpful Thread), How To Choose The Correct Power Supply

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Disease etc. by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford Universities' Research projects
Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with these guides (Team Number: 142900)

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.4 GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 | Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0 | 1x 6GB EVGA Geforce GTX Titan (836 Mhz Base, 876 Mhz Boost) | Corsair HX1000 PSU | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | Dell U2711 LCD | Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

You have to be "totally up for it" and motivated otherwise you just wouldn't win. - Jessica Ennis-Hill

Posted 04/30/2010 02:58 PM   
  1 / 11    
Scroll To Top