GeForce 210 Display and Sound problem
So my old 9500GS died so I went out and got this GeForce 210 cause it has a VGA plug and I have a VGA monitor. I bring it home, install it in my HP Pavilion Elite m9340f desktop. Went I turn it on, I get no picture whatsoever on my monitor. So my guess is that VGA doesn't work by whatever reason. Funny, it worked on the 9500GS.

Anyways, my monitor also has an HDMI port, so I run out and buy a cord and hook that up. Monitor also has speakers hooked up to it, so the HDMI cord does sound as well, so that's all dandy. But now I discover that my sound will go out at seemingly random times and won't come back until I restart my entire computer. Just to clear things up, the computer says it's outputting sound (I can see the mixer bar go up and down in the volume select) but I can't hear anything.

So VGA problem, and HDMI sound problem. Help? /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />
So my old 9500GS died so I went out and got this GeForce 210 cause it has a VGA plug and I have a VGA monitor. I bring it home, install it in my HP Pavilion Elite m9340f desktop. Went I turn it on, I get no picture whatsoever on my monitor. So my guess is that VGA doesn't work by whatever reason. Funny, it worked on the 9500GS.

Anyways, my monitor also has an HDMI port, so I run out and buy a cord and hook that up. Monitor also has speakers hooked up to it, so the HDMI cord does sound as well, so that's all dandy. But now I discover that my sound will go out at seemingly random times and won't come back until I restart my entire computer. Just to clear things up, the computer says it's outputting sound (I can see the mixer bar go up and down in the volume select) but I can't hear anything.

So VGA problem, and HDMI sound problem. Help? /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Posted 04/28/2010 05:57 PM   
Scroll To Top