Ryme Review #17 Dirt 2
  1 / 2    
Can someone pass me a wash cloth? I need to wipe the dirt, bugs, sand and mud out of my teeth and eyes so I can type this review properly! Well, before I hit that wall, made my car do a complete barrel roll and broke the windshield completely out, I was flying down this dirt road placed precariously close to the edge of a cliff on my way to yet another victory in my dirt tour. Now I may have never driven a professional rally car but I have taken some pretty wild rides through the woods in the (soon to be)wife's Subaru Impreza. So when I saw this game was going to be released I thought it looked like a lot of fun. Now I can go as fast as I think I can and not worry about killing myself or having to buy her a new car. Good! As it turns out I was totally right. If you have ever found yourself going maybe a little to fast down a dirt road trying to slide a little sideways then this is the game for you my friend. There isn't much in the way of a story line here. The objective is to complete a series of thrilling rides as quickly as possible while not hitting anything hard enough to completely kill your car. You are given the opportunity to unlock locations and cars as you level up by winning races. Not only do you have the chance to race rally cars but throughout you will have to complete races using buggies and off road trucks as well.

Performance -

Dirt 2 was designed on the same engine as Grid. Most of us played Grid and are aware of the fact that it's a beautifully detailed graphic engine but Dirt 2 takes things to a whole new level. On the other hand, those of us who played Grid also know that not only is it heavily CPU dependent but also extremely graphically dependent at the same time. If you find your self in a situation where you need to make sure your rig is game stable this would be a good choice. Throughout my time playing my system configuration changed a bit. I started playing with my Q6600 at 3.6Ghz and ended up with the QX9770 at 4.0Ghz. Since I can't really remember the stats from the Q66 I'll be going with the QX9770 for review purposes. Now as you probably know by now I don't play games on any setting less then max if at all possible, so this title is no different. All results are with in game settings maxed and no changes made in the Nvidia Control Panel. CPU usage during game play ran between 65 and 90% running all four cores. The one thing this game doesn't seem to use a lot of is RAM. While sitting idle at the desktop my rig uses between 22 and 25% of 8GB. While in game and during a race the highest usage I saw was 35%. When this game was released there was no SLI profile in sight and performance was seriously hindered. The redeeming fact here is that this engine runs smooth with min frame rates as low as 25FPS. With a single card I was running between 25-35FPS depending on the track. I pissed and moaned around the forums for what seemed like months (in reality was probably a month and a half) asking when will we finally get SLI support for this game? Well finally a driver update came and I got what I was asking for. Late, but well worth the wait in my opinion. Finally I was all setup running 3-Way SLI and maintaining V-sync 90% of the time. Still at points I would see dips down into the mid 50's but if FRAPS wasn't running I would have had no idea. All three GPU's ran between 80 and 97% while racing with little to no room to spare in my 896mb of video memory. Each time I fired this game up to play I really felt that I was getting my money and my time spent tuning my rig's worth, out of every session. My hardware was being pushed and as I'm sure many of you will agree, when that happens you just get a good feeling. Now towards the end of the game I decided to sell one of my GTX260 Core 216's in prep for my next upgrade. I played the last 10 or so races with just two way SLI and still was impressed. Once I made the change I could not longer keep V-sync but was still running strong in the mid to upper 50's for the most part. Just to put that into numbers for you. Take the min frame rates of 29FPS Single card and 46.2FPS SLI and what you end up with is a 59.31% increase just adding in the second card. Crazy! I know! When doing the same test with the average frame rates of 32.9 Singe and 56.8 SLI we get an increase of 72.64% which just blows my mind and reaffirms my belief that SLI scaling is amazing. *see benchies below*

Single GPU (all in game settings maxed DX10)
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/4552336129_a994b67bc2.jpg[/img]
Two Way SLI (all in game settings maxed dx10)
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/4552336091_28c9d8604a.jpg[/img]

Level Design -

Throughout the game you are able to unlock new races and upgraded vehicles with every race you win. The locations include China, Malaysia, Morocco, Baja CA, LA, Utah, London, Croatia and Japan. I personally prefer the long open world type tracks in Malaysia, Croatia and China to the shorter circuit type tracks in LA and London. Each location has it's own feel and driving conditions which can be a challenge to master, but end up working in your favor once you realize just how far you can use them to your advantage. The Physics system was totally reworked for the game and you can feel it. You will encounter hill climbs, hair pin corners, rivers, mud, sand and pavement and each has it's own feel and the car reacts to each just as it should. There is nothing like going sideways through a sandy S curve switching from side to side with just the right timing and pulling off the exit listening to the engine wine out giving all she has going forward. Each location is highly detailed and really helps to immerse you into the game. When you are on the flats in Utah you can almost feel the sun beating down on you as hit well over 100mph on the long straights. When you launch from the gate in Malaysia you get the feeling of driving through the first few levels of Crysis at 90mph. Honestly, I expected to see Profit jump out and buck off some rounds at me a few times. The only down side that I found was that the game lasted a little to long. I checked my play time stats and I was driving for 14 hours. Now, 14 hours isn't to long for a game, what felt to long was the amount of times I had to play the same track. You have to do it in segments then backwards and forwards, and then do the entire thing. All of that combined just made the game feel super long and I would find myself putting it down for a week or two and then picking it back up and playing some more. One cool feature is the flash back. If you crash your car you have the option to go back in time a certain length and try the section you messed up over again. This is nice when you are trying to figure out just how fast you can take a corner, or if some moron bumps you off the side of a cliff (of course at no fault of your own).

Cars -

Well I've already covered the driving mechanics, but the cars are very well modeled and detailed down to the buttons on the dash in the interior. Depending on your driving style you will notice more or less of this. For me, I drive with the camera view setup behind the car which allows me to see further down the road. Some may chose to sit directly in the driver’s seat which gives an incredible real world feel. You will experience water and mud flying up on the windshield and having to wait for the wipers to come by and knock it off. You will hear the car differently and see less of what is around you making the challenge of the race that much harder. The only area I was disappointed with was the undercarriages. They lacked pretty much any detail what so ever where everything else was done to a T. Now I know you really shouldn't be seeing under the car, but with you flip a car off of a mountain of dirt going 130mph you are going to see it!

Sound -

Rapture 3D - Sounds amazing on my G35 headset. Engine noise, bangs and cracks as you smash another car all sound life like. The music choices between races can get a little old, but were not playing the game to listen to music are we?

Here is a little info about Rapture 3D and Dirt 2

[i] "By default DiRT2 uses the new and advanced Rapture3D PC audio system. This builds on the widely-used OpenAL standard and extends it to support features previously confined to console releases, like Ambisonic Soundfields, 3D7.1 surround, and direct control over dialog and sub-bass (LFE) speaker outputs. It also implements 3D headphone surround, high-quality mixing and multiple directional reverberation units which previously we've only been able to deliver on PCs with custom audio hardware.

"Now this works on all PCs, identically on XP, Vista and Win7, and is scalable to take advantage of 64 bit and multi-core systems. Rapture3D is bundled with DiRT2, and Blue Ripple offer a version for other OpenAL games plus extras like support for ASIO2 pro-audio cards, unlimited outputs (Blue Ripple run a 14.1 speaker rig for impressive 3D sound) and custom layouts."[/i]

Final Thought -

I didn't play the first Dirt. It came out back when I was running a single 8600GT and my Q66 at stock and there was just no way it would work. I am glad that now that I have the system to play the game there was a fresh new title out and I played it for all it's worth. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone that like racing games. It has a little bit of everything and not to much of any one thing to keep you board for long.

8.5/10

Losses for complete lack of detail on undercarriages and having to repeat to many races.
Can someone pass me a wash cloth? I need to wipe the dirt, bugs, sand and mud out of my teeth and eyes so I can type this review properly! Well, before I hit that wall, made my car do a complete barrel roll and broke the windshield completely out, I was flying down this dirt road placed precariously close to the edge of a cliff on my way to yet another victory in my dirt tour. Now I may have never driven a professional rally car but I have taken some pretty wild rides through the woods in the (soon to be)wife's Subaru Impreza. So when I saw this game was going to be released I thought it looked like a lot of fun. Now I can go as fast as I think I can and not worry about killing myself or having to buy her a new car. Good! As it turns out I was totally right. If you have ever found yourself going maybe a little to fast down a dirt road trying to slide a little sideways then this is the game for you my friend. There isn't much in the way of a story line here. The objective is to complete a series of thrilling rides as quickly as possible while not hitting anything hard enough to completely kill your car. You are given the opportunity to unlock locations and cars as you level up by winning races. Not only do you have the chance to race rally cars but throughout you will have to complete races using buggies and off road trucks as well.

Performance -

Dirt 2 was designed on the same engine as Grid. Most of us played Grid and are aware of the fact that it's a beautifully detailed graphic engine but Dirt 2 takes things to a whole new level. On the other hand, those of us who played Grid also know that not only is it heavily CPU dependent but also extremely graphically dependent at the same time. If you find your self in a situation where you need to make sure your rig is game stable this would be a good choice. Throughout my time playing my system configuration changed a bit. I started playing with my Q6600 at 3.6Ghz and ended up with the QX9770 at 4.0Ghz. Since I can't really remember the stats from the Q66 I'll be going with the QX9770 for review purposes. Now as you probably know by now I don't play games on any setting less then max if at all possible, so this title is no different. All results are with in game settings maxed and no changes made in the Nvidia Control Panel. CPU usage during game play ran between 65 and 90% running all four cores. The one thing this game doesn't seem to use a lot of is RAM. While sitting idle at the desktop my rig uses between 22 and 25% of 8GB. While in game and during a race the highest usage I saw was 35%. When this game was released there was no SLI profile in sight and performance was seriously hindered. The redeeming fact here is that this engine runs smooth with min frame rates as low as 25FPS. With a single card I was running between 25-35FPS depending on the track. I pissed and moaned around the forums for what seemed like months (in reality was probably a month and a half) asking when will we finally get SLI support for this game? Well finally a driver update came and I got what I was asking for. Late, but well worth the wait in my opinion. Finally I was all setup running 3-Way SLI and maintaining V-sync 90% of the time. Still at points I would see dips down into the mid 50's but if FRAPS wasn't running I would have had no idea. All three GPU's ran between 80 and 97% while racing with little to no room to spare in my 896mb of video memory. Each time I fired this game up to play I really felt that I was getting my money and my time spent tuning my rig's worth, out of every session. My hardware was being pushed and as I'm sure many of you will agree, when that happens you just get a good feeling. Now towards the end of the game I decided to sell one of my GTX260 Core 216's in prep for my next upgrade. I played the last 10 or so races with just two way SLI and still was impressed. Once I made the change I could not longer keep V-sync but was still running strong in the mid to upper 50's for the most part. Just to put that into numbers for you. Take the min frame rates of 29FPS Single card and 46.2FPS SLI and what you end up with is a 59.31% increase just adding in the second card. Crazy! I know! When doing the same test with the average frame rates of 32.9 Singe and 56.8 SLI we get an increase of 72.64% which just blows my mind and reaffirms my belief that SLI scaling is amazing. *see benchies below*

Single GPU (all in game settings maxed DX10)

Two Way SLI (all in game settings maxed dx10)

Level Design -

Throughout the game you are able to unlock new races and upgraded vehicles with every race you win. The locations include China, Malaysia, Morocco, Baja CA, LA, Utah, London, Croatia and Japan. I personally prefer the long open world type tracks in Malaysia, Croatia and China to the shorter circuit type tracks in LA and London. Each location has it's own feel and driving conditions which can be a challenge to master, but end up working in your favor once you realize just how far you can use them to your advantage. The Physics system was totally reworked for the game and you can feel it. You will encounter hill climbs, hair pin corners, rivers, mud, sand and pavement and each has it's own feel and the car reacts to each just as it should. There is nothing like going sideways through a sandy S curve switching from side to side with just the right timing and pulling off the exit listening to the engine wine out giving all she has going forward. Each location is highly detailed and really helps to immerse you into the game. When you are on the flats in Utah you can almost feel the sun beating down on you as hit well over 100mph on the long straights. When you launch from the gate in Malaysia you get the feeling of driving through the first few levels of Crysis at 90mph. Honestly, I expected to see Profit jump out and buck off some rounds at me a few times. The only down side that I found was that the game lasted a little to long. I checked my play time stats and I was driving for 14 hours. Now, 14 hours isn't to long for a game, what felt to long was the amount of times I had to play the same track. You have to do it in segments then backwards and forwards, and then do the entire thing. All of that combined just made the game feel super long and I would find myself putting it down for a week or two and then picking it back up and playing some more. One cool feature is the flash back. If you crash your car you have the option to go back in time a certain length and try the section you messed up over again. This is nice when you are trying to figure out just how fast you can take a corner, or if some moron bumps you off the side of a cliff (of course at no fault of your own).

Cars -

Well I've already covered the driving mechanics, but the cars are very well modeled and detailed down to the buttons on the dash in the interior. Depending on your driving style you will notice more or less of this. For me, I drive with the camera view setup behind the car which allows me to see further down the road. Some may chose to sit directly in the driver’s seat which gives an incredible real world feel. You will experience water and mud flying up on the windshield and having to wait for the wipers to come by and knock it off. You will hear the car differently and see less of what is around you making the challenge of the race that much harder. The only area I was disappointed with was the undercarriages. They lacked pretty much any detail what so ever where everything else was done to a T. Now I know you really shouldn't be seeing under the car, but with you flip a car off of a mountain of dirt going 130mph you are going to see it!

Sound -

Rapture 3D - Sounds amazing on my G35 headset. Engine noise, bangs and cracks as you smash another car all sound life like. The music choices between races can get a little old, but were not playing the game to listen to music are we?

Here is a little info about Rapture 3D and Dirt 2

"By default DiRT2 uses the new and advanced Rapture3D PC audio system. This builds on the widely-used OpenAL standard and extends it to support features previously confined to console releases, like Ambisonic Soundfields, 3D7.1 surround, and direct control over dialog and sub-bass (LFE) speaker outputs. It also implements 3D headphone surround, high-quality mixing and multiple directional reverberation units which previously we've only been able to deliver on PCs with custom audio hardware.

"Now this works on all PCs, identically on XP, Vista and Win7, and is scalable to take advantage of 64 bit and multi-core systems. Rapture3D is bundled with DiRT2, and Blue Ripple offer a version for other OpenAL games plus extras like support for ASIO2 pro-audio cards, unlimited outputs (Blue Ripple run a 14.1 speaker rig for impressive 3D sound) and custom layouts."

Final Thought -

I didn't play the first Dirt. It came out back when I was running a single 8600GT and my Q66 at stock and there was just no way it would work. I am glad that now that I have the system to play the game there was a fresh new title out and I played it for all it's worth. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone that like racing games. It has a little bit of everything and not to much of any one thing to keep you board for long.

8.5/10

Losses for complete lack of detail on undercarriages and having to repeat to many races.

Posted 04/26/2010 01:12 AM   
Great Review Ryme, Very good! Like your benches too /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> SLI ROCKS :D
Great Review Ryme, Very good! Like your benches too /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> SLI ROCKS :D

CM HAF 932 - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme- Intel i7 3930K - Mushkin Redline 16GB 2133 - Antec HCP 1200kw - Galaxy GTX 670 3 way SLI - 2 WD 1TB Black,WD 640GB Black, WD SSD 64GB - Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme - ASUS 24x - Logitech G9 - Logitech G105 - I INC 28" Monitor at 1920 X 1200 (Native) Wow Gaming is great! Speakers - Logitech 530's - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Posted by Rsabatino, techjesse you are the people's champ of overclocking

Vantage P70249ORB

Posted 04/26/2010 02:48 AM   
Thank you sir! I did realize that I didn't go into depth with the different race types or modes, but that is pretty self explanatory once you get into it. I also can't wait to see the difference in DX11. Once I get the new cards up and running I'll post back with what I see.
Thank you sir! I did realize that I didn't go into depth with the different race types or modes, but that is pretty self explanatory once you get into it. I also can't wait to see the difference in DX11. Once I get the new cards up and running I'll post back with what I see.

Posted 04/26/2010 03:13 AM   
hmmm maybe i should get this game to test out my 470 =] it does seem pretty sweet and the first dirt was nicee except i played it on the 360 so this should be a ginormous step up from that lol. thanks for the review ryme, well done! /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' /> /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />
hmmm maybe i should get this game to test out my 470 =] it does seem pretty sweet and the first dirt was nicee except i played it on the 360 so this should be a ginormous step up from that lol. thanks for the review ryme, well done! /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' /> /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

Posted 04/26/2010 03:18 AM   
I would if I were you Slay. It's one of those games that might take you a while to beat, but I kept finding myself coming back to it when I got in the mood.
I would if I were you Slay. It's one of those games that might take you a while to beat, but I kept finding myself coming back to it when I got in the mood.

Posted 04/26/2010 07:21 AM   
May well get this game when I've finished NFS Shift [awesome game] , thanks for the review mate :).

BTW what type of controller do you use ? I can recommend a decent force feed back steering wheel, it certainly increases the immersion factor. 3D helps too :).

P.S I think you put cards where you meant cars under the 'cars' section.
May well get this game when I've finished NFS Shift [awesome game] , thanks for the review mate :).

BTW what type of controller do you use ? I can recommend a decent force feed back steering wheel, it certainly increases the immersion factor. 3D helps too :).

P.S I think you put cards where you meant cars under the 'cars' section.

Posted 04/26/2010 08:23 AM   
[quote name='420Ryme' post='1045267' date='Apr 26 2010, 12:21 AM']I would if I were you Slay. It's one of those games that might take you a while to beat, but I kept finding myself coming back to it when I got in the mood.[/quote]
hmmm me thinks i will be getting this with my next pay check =] i hope my 360 controller will work for this game off the bat without having to create a profile for it lol. i know im a noob driver using a 360 controller :">
[quote name='420Ryme' post='1045267' date='Apr 26 2010, 12:21 AM']I would if I were you Slay. It's one of those games that might take you a while to beat, but I kept finding myself coming back to it when I got in the mood.

hmmm me thinks i will be getting this with my next pay check =] i hope my 360 controller will work for this game off the bat without having to create a profile for it lol. i know im a noob driver using a 360 controller :">

Posted 04/26/2010 02:11 PM   
Another awesome review Ryme!!!!

You have made me want to go back and revisit this game. Especially since you mentioned there is a fix for SLI out. I realize my Q66 will be my bottleneck, but I ran the game pretty well when I had my 8800GTS' running the show. My GTX 275's should offer a little bump in FPS, but certainly not too much. This was a fun game and I kinda lost sight of it because I have been playing a few other games. I can certainly see that as a game I should come back to from time to time, esprecially when I am sick of getting sniped in BC2!!!

Thanks for the review!!
Another awesome review Ryme!!!!

You have made me want to go back and revisit this game. Especially since you mentioned there is a fix for SLI out. I realize my Q66 will be my bottleneck, but I ran the game pretty well when I had my 8800GTS' running the show. My GTX 275's should offer a little bump in FPS, but certainly not too much. This was a fun game and I kinda lost sight of it because I have been playing a few other games. I can certainly see that as a game I should come back to from time to time, esprecially when I am sick of getting sniped in BC2!!!

Thanks for the review!!

CPU - Intel i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133
Audio - Onboard Asus
Mobo - ASUS P8P67 WS REVOLUTION LGA 1155 Intel P67
Video - EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD Video Card - 2560MB SLI
Power - Thermaltake 850W
Cooling - Noctua NH-D14
Monitor - Samsung 27"
Keyboard - Razer Lycosa HeadPhones - Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset
Mouse - Logitech Performance MX
Case - Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower
OS - Windows 8.1, 64 bit Pro

Posted 04/26/2010 04:50 PM   
Great review Ryme. I would like to add one or two things after playing over 40 hours of Dirt 2 (online and offline).

The game is great, but there is no real end to the single player. Once it is completed (I was level 74), that's it...no great video at the end (love the one done in memory of Colin McRae once you are done with the X games).

The online part of the game is great, but way too many people are considering Dirt 2 as a Destruction Derby game, which is not fun. I enjoyed racing against some of the guys because we kept it as clean as possible (some rubbing). The bad thing about online racing (except in the jam session) is the starting grid. If you have a high Fame level, you will start towards the end..which can be rough when you have some crazy drivers.

On the wish list of future upgrades:

Add more Group B cars (Lancia delta S4, Audi S1, Lancia 037, etc..). Those were legandary rally cars.
Add new tracks (after a while, it becomes boring to do the same tracks over and over again)
Great review Ryme. I would like to add one or two things after playing over 40 hours of Dirt 2 (online and offline).

The game is great, but there is no real end to the single player. Once it is completed (I was level 74), that's it...no great video at the end (love the one done in memory of Colin McRae once you are done with the X games).

The online part of the game is great, but way too many people are considering Dirt 2 as a Destruction Derby game, which is not fun. I enjoyed racing against some of the guys because we kept it as clean as possible (some rubbing). The bad thing about online racing (except in the jam session) is the starting grid. If you have a high Fame level, you will start towards the end..which can be rough when you have some crazy drivers.

On the wish list of future upgrades:

Add more Group B cars (Lancia delta S4, Audi S1, Lancia 037, etc..). Those were legandary rally cars.

Add new tracks (after a while, it becomes boring to do the same tracks over and over again)

Posted 04/26/2010 05:00 PM   
Thank you guys!

@Bone - I just use my G15 keyboard to drive, I'm not sure about the 360 controller. Oh and yeah! I think i type the word cards way to much so it just came out of my fingers when I typed 'ca' hehhe fixed. How is NFS shift? I've stayed away from it due to the overwhelming CPU dependency I saw that made the last NFS game unplayable.

@JPD - You sound exactly like me! I'm sitting on Metro 2033 and instead playing MW2 and this while waiting for my new cards to get here. When I get sick of getting my ass kicked in MW2 I hop over to Dirt for a few runs. I think your 275's are just the ticket for this game. You'll be just fine.

@Genesis1 - I agree! I was disappointed that there wasn't anything special at the end. I had to go and check my stats to make sure I wasn't still missing a race or something. I always tell Stace that the reward for finishing a game is getting to watch the credits lol but this time nothing. I haven't played any of the MP and seeing as my reviews always center around the single player I tend to not even mention MP. I agree that there needs to be more tracks and less repeating of the same track, but at the same time it also does help you improve your times knowing the short cuts and how to take each turn.

@Slay - I can't wait to see your single card bench Vs. my single 260 bench. Hurry up and get paid already lol.
Thank you guys!

@Bone - I just use my G15 keyboard to drive, I'm not sure about the 360 controller. Oh and yeah! I think i type the word cards way to much so it just came out of my fingers when I typed 'ca' hehhe fixed. How is NFS shift? I've stayed away from it due to the overwhelming CPU dependency I saw that made the last NFS game unplayable.

@JPD - You sound exactly like me! I'm sitting on Metro 2033 and instead playing MW2 and this while waiting for my new cards to get here. When I get sick of getting my ass kicked in MW2 I hop over to Dirt for a few runs. I think your 275's are just the ticket for this game. You'll be just fine.

@Genesis1 - I agree! I was disappointed that there wasn't anything special at the end. I had to go and check my stats to make sure I wasn't still missing a race or something. I always tell Stace that the reward for finishing a game is getting to watch the credits lol but this time nothing. I haven't played any of the MP and seeing as my reviews always center around the single player I tend to not even mention MP. I agree that there needs to be more tracks and less repeating of the same track, but at the same time it also does help you improve your times knowing the short cuts and how to take each turn.

@Slay - I can't wait to see your single card bench Vs. my single 260 bench. Hurry up and get paid already lol.

Posted 04/26/2010 06:44 PM   
[i]Ryme,

first off it is people like you that keep the PC gaming community going strong. Taking time away from your life to give an honest first hand perspective on some of today's most renowned titles is not something the majority would opt for. You have always had my respect, since I first ran into you years ago, and It is good to see that you have further improved your reputation by giving the community your time and efforts without any bias. Things around here have been shaky as of late, and I even found myself getting into conflicts I would otherwise avoid. It is good to see someone with your reputation going the extra mile to take people's minds off of it. Second, congratulations on your date I wish nothing but the best for you both.

Hooks approved contributor.[/i]
Ryme,

first off it is people like you that keep the PC gaming community going strong. Taking time away from your life to give an honest first hand perspective on some of today's most renowned titles is not something the majority would opt for. You have always had my respect, since I first ran into you years ago, and It is good to see that you have further improved your reputation by giving the community your time and efforts without any bias. Things around here have been shaky as of late, and I even found myself getting into conflicts I would otherwise avoid. It is good to see someone with your reputation going the extra mile to take people's minds off of it. Second, congratulations on your date I wish nothing but the best for you both.

Hooks approved contributor.

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 04/26/2010 07:06 PM   
[quote name='420Ryme' post='1045564' date='Apr 26 2010, 11:44 AM']Thank you guys!

@Slay - I can't wait to see your single card bench Vs. my single 260 bench. Hurry up and get paid already lol.[/quote]
no problemo man. maybe ill get it this week and cut into my gas money a bit hehe. i rly want to finally play a dx11 game so more then likely you will be seeing some benchies from me this weekend lol.
[quote name='420Ryme' post='1045564' date='Apr 26 2010, 11:44 AM']Thank you guys!

no problemo man. maybe ill get it this week and cut into my gas money a bit hehe. i rly want to finally play a dx11 game so more then likely you will be seeing some benchies from me this weekend lol.

Posted 04/26/2010 08:14 PM   
[quote name='420Ryme' post='1045564' date='Apr 26 2010, 07:44 PM']Thank you guys!

@Bone - I just use my G15 keyboard to drive, I'm not sure about the 360 controller. Oh and yeah! I think i type the word cards way to much so it just came out of my fingers when I typed 'ca' hehhe fixed. How is NFS shift? I've stayed away from it due to the overwhelming CPU dependency I saw that made the last NFS game unplayable.[/quote]

Dood, how can you drive with a keyboard [saying that I used a joystick for Geoff Crammonds GP2 :D], I know they're quite expensive, but something like [url="http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00006HYLN/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272318510&sr=8-12"]this[/url] is well worth the money. I've had that model for about 6 years now and it's still going strong.

Shift is just awesome, but I think a lot of that has to do with 3D vision. Think of Grid and take away some of the eye candy but add really intelligent AI [you and all the bots have alignment, good/evil, depending on how reckless you are], and the c0ck-pit view is just amazing for each of the different cars. I get some lag from time to time but it's hardly noticeable, the tracks seem to be a bit limited, but other than that I think it's he best £12.99 I've ever spent [apart from the fact I think the GF is gonna leave me if I don't put it down soon :o].
[quote name='420Ryme' post='1045564' date='Apr 26 2010, 07:44 PM']Thank you guys!

Dood, how can you drive with a keyboard [saying that I used a joystick for Geoff Crammonds GP2 :D], I know they're quite expensive, but something like this is well worth the money. I've had that model for about 6 years now and it's still going strong.

Shift is just awesome, but I think a lot of that has to do with 3D vision. Think of Grid and take away some of the eye candy but add really intelligent AI [you and all the bots have alignment, good/evil, depending on how reckless you are], and the c0ck-pit view is just amazing for each of the different cars. I get some lag from time to time but it's hardly noticeable, the tracks seem to be a bit limited, but other than that I think it's he best £12.99 I've ever spent [apart from the fact I think the GF is gonna leave me if I don't put it down soon :o].

Posted 04/26/2010 09:59 PM   
Ha! Yeah it is kind of lame driving with the keyboard, but it's how I've always done it. Maybe soon I'll look into getting one of those wheels, but in the past every one I have come into contact with hes felt cheap. Mostly the PS2 and PS1 ones.

@Hooks - Thanks for the kind words brother. Don't let the morons derail you from what you want to achieve. Just because you are bold enough to speak your true thoughts is rights for respect in my eyes. I won't look down on someone for their views even if mine differ. I might give them a little jab in the ribs but all in good fun. That thread got way out of control and if that guy keeps that stuff up he won't last around here long. I always look forward to your posts for the knowledge and sensibility you bring. Thanks for that.
Ha! Yeah it is kind of lame driving with the keyboard, but it's how I've always done it. Maybe soon I'll look into getting one of those wheels, but in the past every one I have come into contact with hes felt cheap. Mostly the PS2 and PS1 ones.

@Hooks - Thanks for the kind words brother. Don't let the morons derail you from what you want to achieve. Just because you are bold enough to speak your true thoughts is rights for respect in my eyes. I won't look down on someone for their views even if mine differ. I might give them a little jab in the ribs but all in good fun. That thread got way out of control and if that guy keeps that stuff up he won't last around here long. I always look forward to your posts for the knowledge and sensibility you bring. Thanks for that.

Posted 04/27/2010 02:26 AM   
Ah a thread with reasonable people posting in it WOW. LOL

Ryme you know I am joking but back on topic, I have never been a fan of driving sims (mostly cause I suck at them) but I just loved dirt2 and have had loads of fun with it.

Keep up the good work am looking forward to the next set of reviews.

EG
Ah a thread with reasonable people posting in it WOW. LOL

Ryme you know I am joking but back on topic, I have never been a fan of driving sims (mostly cause I suck at them) but I just loved dirt2 and have had loads of fun with it.

Keep up the good work am looking forward to the next set of reviews.

EG

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 04/27/2010 03:22 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top