New drivers for a GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430
  1 / 2    
I bought my new computer in August, a HP. It came with this graphics card. (NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430)
I haven't updated drivers since then, and I can't find that specific graphics card on the NVIDIA drivers update page.
Does anyone know if there are any available drivers to download for this graphics card? Any help would be appreciated. /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />
I bought my new computer in August, a HP. It came with this graphics card. (NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430)

I haven't updated drivers since then, and I can't find that specific graphics card on the NVIDIA drivers update page.

Does anyone know if there are any available drivers to download for this graphics card? Any help would be appreciated. /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Posted 04/25/2010 02:51 AM   
[quote name='Russellisarealboy' post='1044718' date='Apr 24 2010, 11:51 PM']I bought my new computer in August, a HP. It came with this graphics card. (NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430)
Does anyone know if there are any available drivers to download for this graphics card? Any help would be appreciated. /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />[/quote]
No need to update if your apps are running fine.
[quote name='Russellisarealboy' post='1044718' date='Apr 24 2010, 11:51 PM']I bought my new computer in August, a HP. It came with this graphics card. (NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430)

No need to update if your apps are running fine.

Posted 04/25/2010 04:31 AM   
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' post='1044749' date='Apr 24 2010, 10:31 PM']No need to update if your apps are running fine.[/quote]

u are an idiot filipetolhuizen u always keep your device drivers up to date otherwise it can cause problems with programs. Preventative upkeep idiot.
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' post='1044749' date='Apr 24 2010, 10:31 PM']No need to update if your apps are running fine.

u are an idiot filipetolhuizen u always keep your device drivers up to date otherwise it can cause problems with programs. Preventative upkeep idiot.

Posted 05/14/2010 10:06 PM   
[quote name='Fenske45' post='1055886' date='May 14 2010, 07:06 PM']u are an idiot filipetolhuizen u always keep your device drivers up to date otherwise it can cause problems with programs. Preventative upkeep idiot.[/quote]
Update then, Fenske45, but don't come here crying when you smell something burning and start to get BSODs. You should've read more in this forum before you posted.
[quote name='Fenske45' post='1055886' date='May 14 2010, 07:06 PM']u are an idiot filipetolhuizen u always keep your device drivers up to date otherwise it can cause problems with programs. Preventative upkeep idiot.

Update then, Fenske45, but don't come here crying when you smell something burning and start to get BSODs. You should've read more in this forum before you posted.

Posted 05/14/2010 10:24 PM   
I assume you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7. Here are the latest display drivers for your card but since the GPU is based on older architecture, there is no need if you are not having problems with your current drivers:

Windows Vista/Windows 7 32-bit:
[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_197.45_whql.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...97.45_whql.html[/url]

Windows Vista/Windows 7 x64:
[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.45_whql.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...97.45_whql.html[/url]
I assume you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7. Here are the latest display drivers for your card but since the GPU is based on older architecture, there is no need if you are not having problems with your current drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...97.45_whql.html

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 05/15/2010 02:17 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1055981' date='May 14 2010, 11:17 PM']I assume you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7. Here are the latest display drivers for your card but since the GPU is based on older architecture, there is no need if you are not having problems with your current drivers:

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_197.45_whql.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...97.45_whql.html[/url]

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.45_whql.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...97.45_whql.html[/url][/quote]
Updates for Vista/7 work better with older products than for XP.
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1055981' date='May 14 2010, 11:17 PM']I assume you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7. Here are the latest display drivers for your card but since the GPU is based on older architecture, there is no need if you are not having problems with your current drivers:

Updates for Vista/7 work better with older products than for XP.

Posted 05/15/2010 02:46 AM   
Apparently, this GPU is not compatible with WIN 10... I have updated drivers 1/30/2015 and WIN 10 refuses to upgrade. Please advise
Apparently, this GPU is not compatible with WIN 10... I have updated drivers 1/30/2015 and WIN 10 refuses to upgrade.

Please advise

Posted 07/29/2015 12:39 PM   
Nvidia doesn't have drivers for Win10 for this chipset yet. I didn't get a message telling me this, so my Win10 install went on anyway... and then defaulted to 1024x768 graphics with the standard Win10 fallback driver. However, many in the preview program reported that installing the Win8.1 drivers worked, so I just installed the last 8.1 drivers in Win10 and now I'm at 1920x1080 with no apparent issues. I've seen the icons in my taskbar reset a few times, but I think that was just with stuff loading. So far, it seems stable this way. So if you don't want to wait, feel free to try that.
Nvidia doesn't have drivers for Win10 for this chipset yet. I didn't get a message telling me this, so my Win10 install went on anyway... and then defaulted to 1024x768 graphics with the standard Win10 fallback driver. However, many in the preview program reported that installing the Win8.1 drivers worked, so I just installed the last 8.1 drivers in Win10 and now I'm at 1920x1080 with no apparent issues. I've seen the icons in my taskbar reset a few times, but I think that was just with stuff loading. So far, it seems stable this way. So if you don't want to wait, feel free to try that.

Posted 07/29/2015 05:10 PM   
Hello everyone, The ReverendSlim updated me in an instant message about how to acquire the 8.1 drivers for wins 8. Go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us Pick Geforce, then Geforce 6 Series, then Windows 8 32 or 64-bit, depending on which Win10 you installed. You can check which you have by going to Settings on the start menu, then System, then About.
Hello everyone, The ReverendSlim updated me in an instant message about how to acquire the 8.1 drivers for wins 8.

Go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Pick Geforce, then Geforce 6 Series, then Windows 8 32 or 64-bit, depending on which Win10 you installed. You can check which you have by going to Settings on the start menu, then System, then About.

Posted 07/31/2015 07:46 PM   
Hello, i c'ant upgrade with this driver toward windows 10 because the driver d'ont support windows 10 ? What can i do to fix the problem? Best regards Peter
Hello,
i c'ant upgrade with this driver toward windows 10 because the driver d'ont support windows 10 ?
What can i do to fix the problem?
Best regards
Peter

Posted 08/05/2015 02:08 PM   
[quote=""]Hello, i c'ant upgrade with this driver toward windows 10 because the driver d'ont support windows 10 ? What can i do to fix the problem? Best regards Peter[/quote] See my [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/860411/geforce-drivers/this-pc-is-unable-to-run-windows-10/post/4624536/#4624536]post[/url] in that thread.
said:Hello,
i c'ant upgrade with this driver toward windows 10 because the driver d'ont support windows 10 ?
What can i do to fix the problem?
Best regards
Peter

See my post in that thread.

Q8200 @3.08Ghz

8GB kingston @880Mhz

Zotac GTX460 2GB (ZT-40406-10P)

Posted 08/05/2015 03:29 PM   
Yowan thank you so much. I was on this website and in the community around 8/03/2015. I like everyone else wanting to install the new Windows 10. But I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE graphic card. Windows message said that the display manufacturer hasn't made my display compatible. You said to (Download the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft, run the setup but skip the update/online check. Install the 309.08 driver after installation.) But I had already installed the latest driver it could have been driver update 390.08. For me downloading the Windows 10 ISO file was burning a DVD. After I burned it I restarted my computer with it in it. And low and behold it started to download Windows 10. That was 3 days ago. I've been getting to know Windows 10 ever since. I was running a Compaq PC with Windows 7 installed. It's an old computer. I had to wait two weeks for Office Depot to get it in with the new Windows 7 back then. ( When ever Windows 7 came out) It was that new at the time. I'll keep the DVD. Not sure what to call it or how to use it again. I just had to create an account to thank you. So Yowan thank you for all you input!
Yowan thank you so much. I was on this website and in the community around 8/03/2015. I like everyone else wanting to install the new Windows 10. But I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE graphic card. Windows message said that the display manufacturer hasn't made my display compatible. You said to (Download the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft, run the setup but skip the update/online check. Install the 309.08 driver after installation.) But I had already installed the latest driver it could have been driver update 390.08. For me downloading the Windows 10 ISO file was burning a DVD. After I burned it I restarted my computer with it in it. And low and behold it started to download Windows 10. That was 3 days ago. I've been getting to know Windows 10 ever since. I was running a Compaq PC with Windows 7 installed. It's an old computer. I had to wait two weeks for Office Depot to get it in with the new Windows 7 back then. ( When ever Windows 7 came out) It was that new at the time. I'll keep the DVD. Not sure what to call it or how to use it again. I just had to create an account to thank you. So Yowan thank you for all you input!

Posted 08/07/2015 05:24 AM   
Hi everyone.Well I am new on here I had to join to reply,I would like to say thanks to Yowan & Gary1947.I have manage to work round & now have windows 10.it took me a while(I am a female & not really that computer minded,but I get by & read & learn & save a fortune,all this computer jargon does nothing but confuse me,also thanks for being able to Google :) I would like to add I saved everything on usb.just in case.it took me all day to this.I also have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE GeForce 430 graphic card & didn't really want to purchase another computer.tight I know! after a few issues with installing.I did as Gary said.I (copied pasted & printed it out beforehand)I made sure I downloaded to my usb the 309.08 driver & downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft onto another usb (a big file so you need a large enough usb to hold the data)I finally installed but had trouble with large text & not the right size 1440 x 900 screen resolution. so i thought what the heck I wasn't going to get beaten by this & so I reinstalled 309.08 driver after installation & hey presto everything is back to normal & windows 10 is up & running & I am well delighted.
Hi everyone.Well I am new on here I had to join to reply,I would like to say thanks to Yowan & Gary1947.I have manage to work round & now have windows 10.it took me a while(I am a female & not really that computer minded,but I get by & read & learn & save a fortune,all this computer jargon does nothing but confuse me,also thanks for being able to Google :)
I would like to add I saved everything on usb.just in case.it took me all day to this.I also have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE GeForce 430 graphic card & didn't really want to purchase another computer.tight I know! after a few issues with installing.I did as Gary said.I (copied pasted & printed it out beforehand)I made sure I downloaded to my usb the 309.08 driver & downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft onto another usb (a big file so you need a large enough usb to hold the data)I finally installed but had trouble with large text & not the right size 1440 x 900 screen resolution. so i thought what the heck I wasn't going to get beaten by this & so I reinstalled 309.08 driver after installation & hey presto everything is back to normal & windows 10 is up & running & I am well delighted.

Posted 08/08/2015 07:21 PM   
sue63 like you I started looking for help the GeForce 430 graphic card. On 8/03/2015 read what Yowan said. He was my reason to joint this group to thank him. Some how now I have a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter maybe downloading and installing the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft did that I no longer have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE graphic card as my Display Adapter. But that's good that was my problem all along. I'm retired and spend hours learning about this Windows 10. I for one really like it. I know you'll get the hang of it too 5 days now for me. And no you aren't tight for not wanting to buy a new computer with Windows 10 on it. Forums are really great to learn stuff from other people.
sue63 like you I started looking for help the GeForce 430 graphic card. On 8/03/2015 read what Yowan said. He was my reason to joint this group to thank him. Some how now I have a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter maybe downloading and installing the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft did that I no longer have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE graphic card as my Display Adapter. But that's good that was my problem all along. I'm retired and spend hours learning about this Windows 10. I for one really like it. I know you'll get the hang of it too 5 days now for me. And no you aren't tight for not wanting to buy a new computer with Windows 10 on it. Forums are really great to learn stuff from other people.

Posted 08/08/2015 08:18 PM   
[quote=""]Hi everyone.Well I am new on here I had to join to reply,I would like to say thanks to Yowan & Gary1947.I have manage to work round & now have windows 10.it took me a while(I am a female & not really that computer minded,but I get by & read & learn & save a fortune,all this computer jargon does nothing but confuse me,also thanks for being able to Google :) I would like to add I saved everything on usb.just in case.it took me all day to this.I also have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE GeForce 430 graphic card & didn't really want to purchase another computer.tight I know! after a few issues with installing.I did as Gary said.I (copied pasted & printed it out beforehand)I made sure I downloaded to my usb the 309.08 driver & downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft onto another usb (a big file so you need a large enough usb to hold the data)I finally installed but had trouble with large text & not the right size 1440 x 900 screen resolution. so i thought what the heck I wasn't going to get beaten by this & so I reinstalled 309.08 driver after installation & hey presto everything is back to normal & windows 10 is up & running & I am well delighted.[/quote][quote=""]Hi everyone.Well I am new on here I had to join to reply,I would like to say thanks to Yowan & Gary1947.I have manage to work round & now have windows 10.it took me a while(I am a female & not really that computer minded,but I get by & read & learn & save a fortune,all this computer jargon does nothing but confuse me,also thanks for being able to Google :) I would like to add I saved everything on usb.just in case.it took me all day to this.I also have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE GeForce 430 graphic card & didn't really want to purchase another computer.tight I know! after a few issues with installing.I did as Gary said.I (copied pasted & printed it out beforehand)I made sure I downloaded to my usb the 309.08 driver & downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft onto another usb (a big file so you need a large enough usb to hold the data)I finally installed but had trouble with large text & not the right size 1440 x 900 screen resolution. so i thought what the heck I wasn't going to get beaten by this & so I reinstalled 309.08 driver after installation & hey presto everything is back to normal & windows 10 is up & running & I am well delighted.[/quote]
said:Hi everyone.Well I am new on here I had to join to reply,I would like to say thanks to Yowan & Gary1947.I have manage to work round & now have windows 10.it took me a while(I am a female & not really that computer minded,but I get by & read & learn & save a fortune,all this computer jargon does nothing but confuse me,also thanks for being able to Google :)
I would like to add I saved everything on usb.just in case.it took me all day to this.I also have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE GeForce 430 graphic card & didn't really want to purchase another computer.tight I know! after a few issues with installing.I did as Gary said.I (copied pasted & printed it out beforehand)I made sure I downloaded to my usb the 309.08 driver & downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file manually from Microsoft onto another usb (a big file so you need a large enough usb to hold the data)I finally installed but had trouble with large text & not the right size 1440 x 900 screen resolution. so i thought what the heck I wasn't going to get beaten by this & so I reinstalled 309.08 driver after installation & hey presto everything is back to normal & windows 10 is up & running & I am well delighted.
said:Hi everyone.Well I am new on here I had to join to reply,I would like to say thanks to Yowan & Gary1947.I have manage to work round & now have windows 10.it took me a while(I am a female & not really that computer minded,but I get by & read & learn & save a fortune,all this computer jargon does nothing but confuse me,also thanks for being able to Google :)

Posted 08/08/2015 08:21 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top