GTX480 extremely SLOW loading Bad Company 2 maps nVidia DX11 Cards slow loading Bad Company 2 maps
  1 / 3    
I heard this was a common problem with ATI DX11 cards. In fact ATI just released new drivers that supposedly improves loading times for Bad Company 2 using the ATI cards. But perhaps it actually is a problem with all DX11 cards including the new 400 series cards from nVidia.

I didn't have slow loading times with Bad Company 2 until I installed my new nVidia DX11 card. So this must be an issue with all DX11 cards. Until a few days ago I was using an nVidia GTX260 card and the game loaded each map in seconds. After installing my new nVidia GTX480 dx11 card it is soooooo sloooow loading each map! It must take 2 or 3 minutes or more to load each map when with my old GTX260 card it only took seconds. I did nothing else other than install the new video card and install the latest drivers for that card.

So maybe the game takes so long to long due to the extra dx11 textures or something???

This is by no means a game breaking bug but it is annoying to be the last one to join a map every time it loads because my loading times take longer. Another person posted elsewhere that if I manually change the settings in my ini file from dx11 to dx9, it makes the game load faster. I don't want to do that because there is a reason I paid all that money for a dx11 card. I want to use all those features. So I'll continue to put up with the slow load times to get my extra features in the game. I would like this addressed eventually. Thanks

I should also mention that I have two pc's at home. I purchased two copies of the game so that I could play with a friend. My second pc is a very old pc running an nVidia 8800GTS card. It would load the maps equally as fast as my newer pc with the GTX260 card. However since I installed my new nVidia GTX480 in my new pc, the new pc is 4 times slowing loading each map than my old 4 old pc running the 8800 video card. My old pc running the 8800 card will have loaded the map and the player already died a couple of times beore my new pc finishes loading the map and I finally join.

Frustrating. Remember it loaded way faster with my older GTX260 card on the same pc.

I'm running Windows 7, 64
4gig ram
nVidia GTX480
I heard this was a common problem with ATI DX11 cards. In fact ATI just released new drivers that supposedly improves loading times for Bad Company 2 using the ATI cards. But perhaps it actually is a problem with all DX11 cards including the new 400 series cards from nVidia.

I didn't have slow loading times with Bad Company 2 until I installed my new nVidia DX11 card. So this must be an issue with all DX11 cards. Until a few days ago I was using an nVidia GTX260 card and the game loaded each map in seconds. After installing my new nVidia GTX480 dx11 card it is soooooo sloooow loading each map! It must take 2 or 3 minutes or more to load each map when with my old GTX260 card it only took seconds. I did nothing else other than install the new video card and install the latest drivers for that card.

So maybe the game takes so long to long due to the extra dx11 textures or something???

This is by no means a game breaking bug but it is annoying to be the last one to join a map every time it loads because my loading times take longer. Another person posted elsewhere that if I manually change the settings in my ini file from dx11 to dx9, it makes the game load faster. I don't want to do that because there is a reason I paid all that money for a dx11 card. I want to use all those features. So I'll continue to put up with the slow load times to get my extra features in the game. I would like this addressed eventually. Thanks

I should also mention that I have two pc's at home. I purchased two copies of the game so that I could play with a friend. My second pc is a very old pc running an nVidia 8800GTS card. It would load the maps equally as fast as my newer pc with the GTX260 card. However since I installed my new nVidia GTX480 in my new pc, the new pc is 4 times slowing loading each map than my old 4 old pc running the 8800 video card. My old pc running the 8800 card will have loaded the map and the player already died a couple of times beore my new pc finishes loading the map and I finally join.

Frustrating. Remember it loaded way faster with my older GTX260 card on the same pc.

4gig ram

nVidia GTX480

Posted 04/15/2010 12:26 PM   

4gig ram
nVidia GTX480

4gig ram

nVidia GTX480

Posted 04/15/2010 12:26 PM   
[quote name='Fatality1963' post='1040139' date='Apr 15 2010, 01:26 PM']I heard this was a common problem with ATI DX11 cards. In fact ATI just released new drivers that supposedly improves loading times for Bad Company 2 using the ATI cards. But perhaps it actually is a problem with all DX11 cards including the new 400 series cards from nVidia.

4gig ram
nVidia GTX480[/quote]

Yep having the same problem my 2 X GTX 260 load in like 10 secs and now it takes like 1 min.
[quote name='Fatality1963' post='1040139' date='Apr 15 2010, 01:26 PM']I heard this was a common problem with ATI DX11 cards. In fact ATI just released new drivers that supposedly improves loading times for Bad Company 2 using the ATI cards. But perhaps it actually is a problem with all DX11 cards including the new 400 series cards from nVidia.

4gig ram

nVidia GTX480

Yep having the same problem my 2 X GTX 260 load in like 10 secs and now it takes like 1 min.

Posted 04/15/2010 02:23 PM   

4gig ram
nVidia GTX480[/quote]

4gig ram

nVidia GTX480

Posted 04/15/2010 02:23 PM   
I can confirm this. I have the same problem. It's so slow to load that the first objective is being taken when I first get in the game.

it adds 30 to 40 sec longer on the gtx480.
When i had the 280's. I was first every time.
I can confirm this. I have the same problem. It's so slow to load that the first objective is being taken when I first get in the game.

Would you like SLI Support for your game?

nvidia.com_sli_request_form

Nvidia_SLI_Profile_Update#7_2011.03.01

Posted 04/16/2010 08:24 PM   

Posted 04/16/2010 08:24 PM   
I found a fix. You have to modify the .ini file. Change it from Auto DX to DX 10. fixed
I found a fix. You have to modify the .ini file. Change it from Auto DX to DX 10. fixed

Posted 04/23/2010 10:05 PM   
[quote name='DrFPS' post='1044175' date='Apr 23 2010, 03:05 PM']I found a fix. You have to modify the .ini file. Change it from Auto DX to DX 10. fixed[/quote]

Dr,

that is not a fix for the DX11 hang issue. That is a work around and you put the game back into DX 10 mode. Not a big difference in Eye Candy, but defeats the purpose of having a DX11 card. ATI just recently fixed this issue on their DX11 cards with their 10.4 patch. So hopefully Nvidia does the same.
[quote name='DrFPS' post='1044175' date='Apr 23 2010, 03:05 PM']I found a fix. You have to modify the .ini file. Change it from Auto DX to DX 10. fixed

Dr,

that is not a fix for the DX11 hang issue. That is a work around and you put the game back into DX 10 mode. Not a big difference in Eye Candy, but defeats the purpose of having a DX11 card. ATI just recently fixed this issue on their DX11 cards with their 10.4 patch. So hopefully Nvidia does the same.

Posted 04/24/2010 02:46 PM   
There is no purpose for a Direct X 11 card in this game. According to the developer, DX11 is only used to increase the speed with which soft shadows are filtered. The DX10 renderer produces the same images.
There is no purpose for a Direct X 11 card in this game. According to the developer, DX11 is only used to increase the speed with which soft shadows are filtered. The DX10 renderer produces the same images.

Posted 04/24/2010 04:04 PM   
[quote name='cableguy619' post='1044440' date='Apr 24 2010, 09:46 AM']Dr,

that is not a fix for the DX11 hang issue. That is a work around and you put the game back into DX 10 mode. Not a big difference in Eye Candy, but defeats the purpose of having a DX11 card. ATI just recently fixed this issue on their DX11 cards with their 10.4 patch. So hopefully Nvidia does the same.[/quote]

You are correct. It is a work around. I can't tell a difference between the two. It's like Dice through DX11 in as an after thought.
[quote name='cableguy619' post='1044440' date='Apr 24 2010, 09:46 AM']Dr,

You are correct. It is a work around. I can't tell a difference between the two. It's like Dice through DX11 in as an after thought.

Posted 04/24/2010 04:06 PM   
Well I will add my name to the list of 480GTX users having this performance issue. I also had 2x280GTX's prior to this and it loaded in 30 sec. Now it takes about 2 minutes to load. I'm running 2x480GTX's now.
Well I will add my name to the list of 480GTX users having this performance issue. I also had 2x280GTX's prior to this and it loaded in 30 sec. Now it takes about 2 minutes to load. I'm running 2x480GTX's now.

Posted 05/03/2010 06:50 PM   
[quote name='Ace170780' post='1049718' date='May 3 2010, 07:50 PM']Well I will add my name to the list of 480GTX users having this performance issue. I also had 2x280GTX's prior to this and it loaded in 30 sec. Now it takes about 2 minutes to load. I'm running 2x480GTX's now.[/quote]

+1 Exactly the same issue, Exactly the same step up :(
[quote name='Ace170780' post='1049718' date='May 3 2010, 07:50 PM']Well I will add my name to the list of 480GTX users having this performance issue. I also had 2x280GTX's prior to this and it loaded in 30 sec. Now it takes about 2 minutes to load. I'm running 2x480GTX's now.

+1 Exactly the same issue, Exactly the same step up :(

Posted 05/05/2010 06:49 PM   
So is this only happening in multiplayer, or single player also???
So is this only happening in multiplayer, or single player also???

MY RIG

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4H

i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz
8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
2x Gigabyte GTX670 OC Windforce Version SLI
Corsair H100 Cooler
Corsair HX1050W
Corsair Force Series 3 120GB (OS)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Storage, games etc)
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
Corsair 600T Graphite - White
3x Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW+ In Surround

Posted 05/05/2010 09:36 PM   
To be honest I havn't tried single player. But I dont think that is as critical as most of us are probably playing MP only. And the workaround works great switching from auto to dx10 in the config file I bascialy load in less than 30 sec vs 2 min.
To be honest I havn't tried single player. But I dont think that is as critical as most of us are probably playing MP only. And the workaround works great switching from auto to dx10 in the config file I bascialy load in less than 30 sec vs 2 min.

Posted 05/07/2010 11:48 AM   

Posted 05/07/2010 11:49 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top