GTX 470 lags in Final Fantasy XI Still great card in other games.
  1 / 131    
Hello! New to the forums and I hope I posted this topic in the right place :P

Got my Gigabyte GTX 470 card today that I replaced my GT 240 budget card with and was eager to start testing it out.
"Battlefield: Bad Company 2" ran 1080 rez and high settings np :D. Ran "Just Cause 2" also beautifully.
I then started the somewhat older game "Final Fantasy XI" (yes I play that :P I like it) and I was shocked to see that as soon as only a couple of people started popping around me the FPS dropped drasticly!
Situations where my much older cards back in the old 7000-series even out-preformed the GTX 470 hands down. What's the cause of this? Could it be driver issues? Is there a fix for this in the works? Or am I the first to notice?

I tried searching all night for people with remotely the same issues as I but the card seem to be too new for that to have popped up (yet).

Thx for any help I might get :)

-------------------------------

As of January 4, 2011 the beta drivers (266.35) HAVE solved this issue, to a great extent making it more then playable once again. Better late then never :) thx Nvidia

Got my Gigabyte GTX 470 card today that I replaced my GT 240 budget card with and was eager to start testing it out.

"Battlefield: Bad Company 2" ran 1080 rez and high settings np :D. Ran "Just Cause 2" also beautifully.

I then started the somewhat older game "Final Fantasy XI" (yes I play that :P I like it) and I was shocked to see that as soon as only a couple of people started popping around me the FPS dropped drasticly!

Situations where my much older cards back in the old 7000-series even out-preformed the GTX 470 hands down. What's the cause of this? Could it be driver issues? Is there a fix for this in the works? Or am I the first to notice?

I tried searching all night for people with remotely the same issues as I but the card seem to be too new for that to have popped up (yet).

As of January 4, 2011 the beta drivers (266.35) HAVE solved this issue, to a great extent making it more then playable once again. Better late then never :) thx Nvidia

Posted 04/15/2010 01:57 AM   

Posted 04/15/2010 01:57 AM   
check to see if you have a profile for that game in nvidia control panel. maybe some settings are forced? try changing it to "let application decide"
check to see if you have a profile for that game in nvidia control panel. maybe some settings are forced? try changing it to "let application decide"

Posted 04/15/2010 02:03 AM   

Posted 04/15/2010 02:03 AM   
From what I seen and read the 480 cards has a problem with some older games. I seen a review that it showed older games being played with higher FPS than the 480/470's. might be a sharder issue in older games just a guess mind you....CHEERS
From what I seen and read the 480 cards has a problem with some older games. I seen a review that it showed older games being played with higher FPS than the 480/470's. might be a sharder issue in older games just a guess mind you....CHEERS

Posted 04/15/2010 02:07 AM   

Posted 04/15/2010 02:07 AM   
[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039863' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:03 AM']check to see if you have a profile for that game in nvidia control panel. maybe some settings are forced? try changing it to "let application decide"[/quote]
[img]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/926/forced.png[/img]

Anything look "forced" to you? /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />
[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039863' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:03 AM']check to see if you have a profile for that game in nvidia control panel. maybe some settings are forced? try changing it to "let application decide"

Anything look "forced" to you? /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Posted 04/15/2010 02:10 AM   
[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039863' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:03 AM']check to see if you have a profile for that game in nvidia control panel. maybe some settings are forced? try changing it to "let application decide"[/quote]
[img]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/926/forced.png[/img]

[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039863' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:03 AM']check to see if you have a profile for that game in nvidia control panel. maybe some settings are forced? try changing it to "let application decide"

Posted 04/15/2010 02:10 AM   
this'll be a shot in the dark....how about going down that list and changing every one to "application-controlled" ? then go back into FF and edit the options in game.
this'll be a shot in the dark....how about going down that list and changing every one to "application-controlled" ? then go back into FF and edit the options in game.

Posted 04/15/2010 02:14 AM   

Posted 04/15/2010 02:14 AM   
[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039873' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:14 AM']this'll be a shot in the dark....how about going down that list and changing every one to "application-controlled" ? then go back into FF and edit the options in game.[/quote]
The defult settings was pretty much alrdy set at "application-controlled". So, no change. :(
[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039873' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:14 AM']this'll be a shot in the dark....how about going down that list and changing every one to "application-controlled" ? then go back into FF and edit the options in game.

The defult settings was pretty much alrdy set at "application-controlled". So, no change. :(

Posted 04/15/2010 02:21 AM   
[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039873' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:14 AM']this'll be a shot in the dark....how about going down that list and changing every one to "application-controlled" ? then go back into FF and edit the options in game.[/quote]
[quote name='minishotglass' post='1039873' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:14 AM']this'll be a shot in the dark....how about going down that list and changing every one to "application-controlled" ? then go back into FF and edit the options in game.

Posted 04/15/2010 02:21 AM   
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' post='1039868' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:07 AM']From what I seen and read the 480 cards has a problem with some older games. I seen a review that it showed older games being played with higher FPS than the 480/470's. might be a sharder issue in older games just a guess mind you....CHEERS[/quote]
And where did you see that? Is there a driver in the works to adress this?
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' post='1039868' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:07 AM']From what I seen and read the 480 cards has a problem with some older games. I seen a review that it showed older games being played with higher FPS than the 480/470's. might be a sharder issue in older games just a guess mind you....CHEERS

Posted 04/15/2010 01:06 PM   
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' post='1039868' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:07 AM']From what I seen and read the 480 cards has a problem with some older games. I seen a review that it showed older games being played with higher FPS than the 480/470's. might be a sharder issue in older games just a guess mind you....CHEERS[/quote]
[quote name='SHARKMEAT' post='1039868' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:07 AM']From what I seen and read the 480 cards has a problem with some older games. I seen a review that it showed older games being played with higher FPS than the 480/470's. might be a sharder issue in older games just a guess mind you....CHEERS

Posted 04/15/2010 01:06 PM   
I'll pass it on to the driver team but before I do, can you please tell me if you are using driver version 197.41?
I'll pass it on to the driver team but before I do, can you please tell me if you are using driver version 197.41?

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 04/16/2010 09:16 PM   
  1 / 131    
Scroll To Top