9800 GX2 Black screen after running 3D applications black screen,cards fan spin,new drivers
Helo :)

I have a problem with my GeForce 9800GX2

When I run the 3D game after a while (20 - 40 seconds)

the whole image disappears and the cards fan spins up to 100%

only helps to restart the computer

I tried different solutions

I installed different versions of drivers

I used the driver cleaner

I checked all PCI Express ports on my motherboard

I tested other cards 8800GTS 512 and 7600GS and there was no problem with them

And finally I gave my card to my servis where I exchanged for a new

My computer: Intel Core2Duo E8400, Asus Striker Extreme, Asus 9800GX2

4GB, Vista 64Bit Ultimate SP2, Tagan 600W

And now my question is

Why is this happening? Is this a problem with drivers?

Why are other cards work without any problem?

Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it?

BTW sorry for my English :)
Helo :)

I have a problem with my GeForce 9800GX2

When I run the 3D game after a while (20 - 40 seconds)

the whole image disappears and the cards fan spins up to 100%

only helps to restart the computer

I tried different solutions

I installed different versions of drivers

I used the driver cleaner

I checked all PCI Express ports on my motherboard

I tested other cards 8800GTS 512 and 7600GS and there was no problem with them

And finally I gave my card to my servis where I exchanged for a new

My computer: Intel Core2Duo E8400, Asus Striker Extreme, Asus 9800GX2

4GB, Vista 64Bit Ultimate SP2, Tagan 600W

And now my question is

Why is this happening? Is this a problem with drivers?

Why are other cards work without any problem?

Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it?

BTW sorry for my English :)

Posted 04/04/2010 08:49 PM   
9800GX2 run hot. I personally have my fan set to 100% all the time. Then I don't have to worry about it overheating as I don't like the auto fan system on it. Didn't work well for me in the past.
9800GX2 run hot. I personally have my fan set to 100% all the time. Then I don't have to worry about it overheating as I don't like the auto fan system on it. Didn't work well for me in the past.

Posted 04/04/2010 08:56 PM   
I forgot to add

I thought it was the temperature and I

sets up the graphics card fan at 100% and is still the same problem

I used Riva Tuner program and ExperTool
I forgot to add

I thought it was the temperature and I

sets up the graphics card fan at 100% and is still the same problem

I used Riva Tuner program and ExperTool

Posted 04/04/2010 09:12 PM   
Which vendor made your 9800GX2 and what temp. is it running at idle and load?
Which vendor made your 9800GX2 and what temp. is it running at idle and load?

Posted 04/04/2010 10:20 PM   
The last time the graphics card was temperature 65 Celsius degrees (So much was when the game starts) and still appear the same symptoms - black screen after 20 - 40 seconds and graphics card fan spin up to 100%

I have Asus GeForce 9800GX2

This is not the fault of the graphics card because it is a new card from the service previous graphics card have the same problem

Everything looks as if it was the temperature - but it is not

Maybe it is just that Nvidia does not support older models longer just the new Fermi 480 :)
The last time the graphics card was temperature 65 Celsius degrees (So much was when the game starts) and still appear the same symptoms - black screen after 20 - 40 seconds and graphics card fan spin up to 100%

I have Asus GeForce 9800GX2

This is not the fault of the graphics card because it is a new card from the service previous graphics card have the same problem

Everything looks as if it was the temperature - but it is not

Maybe it is just that Nvidia does not support older models longer just the new Fermi 480 :)

Posted 04/05/2010 09:02 AM   
Tomorrow I reinstall the operating system - may still be somewhere the old drivers ?
Tomorrow I reinstall the operating system - may still be somewhere the old drivers ?

Posted 04/05/2010 07:21 PM   
It may be an issue with your PSU. 600W is pretty slim for 9800GX2 and a Tagan 600W is not listed as a supported PSU on nvidia's website for the 9800GX2 here [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_9800gx2_pwr_supply.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_9800gx2_pwr_supply.html[/url] The minimum I believe for the 9800GX2 is 580W, so it might be too close with your 600W depending what other peripherals are installed in your PC. The other cards you tested do not have the same power requirements. If your previous card had the same problem, I would guess it's your PSU.
It may be an issue with your PSU. 600W is pretty slim for 9800GX2 and a Tagan 600W is not listed as a supported PSU on nvidia's website for the 9800GX2 here http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_9800gx2_pwr_supply.html The minimum I believe for the 9800GX2 is 580W, so it might be too close with your 600W depending what other peripherals are installed in your PC. The other cards you tested do not have the same power requirements. If your previous card had the same problem, I would guess it's your PSU.

Posted 04/05/2010 07:53 PM   
Good idea !

Not checked yet the PSU - but recently I had a problem with it - do not give an appropriate voltage on line 6 +2 pins

Power connector on the graphics card was shining on the red

Thank you for the hint ;)
Good idea !

Not checked yet the PSU - but recently I had a problem with it - do not give an appropriate voltage on line 6 +2 pins

Posted 04/05/2010 08:59 PM   
[quote name='totek' post='1034434' date='Apr 5 2010, 04:59 PM']Good idea !

Thank you for the hint ;)[/quote]

I'm sure you have solved this issue by now, but I agree with the other respondent that the Power Supply is the likely culprit.

There are two EVGA 9800GX2 cards in my house (mine & my son's), and they both run between 60-70 degrees C, depending on load. I should also say that our EVGA 9800 GX2s can operate for hours of gaming with only the occasional "crash" or "lock-up." We have not not experienced any of the problems you describe, and I don't find your reported temps to be outside of what we think is an acceptable range. We are running our two systems with an 850W and 900W power supplies, however. Accordingly, we do not have your power issues. I'm interested to know if the power supply is the cause, so please post your solution when you can.

Best,
Tom
[quote name='totek' post='1034434' date='Apr 5 2010, 04:59 PM']Good idea !

I'm sure you have solved this issue by now, but I agree with the other respondent that the Power Supply is the likely culprit.

There are two EVGA 9800GX2 cards in my house (mine & my son's), and they both run between 60-70 degrees C, depending on load. I should also say that our EVGA 9800 GX2s can operate for hours of gaming with only the occasional "crash" or "lock-up." We have not not experienced any of the problems you describe, and I don't find your reported temps to be outside of what we think is an acceptable range. We are running our two systems with an 850W and 900W power supplies, however. Accordingly, we do not have your power issues. I'm interested to know if the power supply is the cause, so please post your solution when you can.

Best,

Tom

Posted 06/28/2010 09:11 PM   
Scroll To Top