Where to download bios for nforce 680i lt
Where can I get a new BIOS for my Systemmax computer purchased from Tiger Direct. The system has a
nforce 680i LT SLI mobo. The current BIOS date is 11/26/2007.

I have looked on the nVidia site, Systemmax, and TigerDirect and cannot find it.

Any ideas?

P.S. I have all of the nVidia drivers up to date and the BIOS is the only out of date item left to be addressed.

Specs:
========== Operating System Information ==========

Microsoft Windows 7 , Build 7600
========== Motherboard Information ==========

Motherboard Vendor: NVIDIA
Motherboard Version: 2.0
Motherboard Model: C55L55XEP15
[b]System BIOS version/date: Phonex Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 11/26/2007[/b]
========== GeForce Information ==========

GPU 1: GeForce 8600 GT
GPU 1 Video BIOS version: 60.84.43.00.14

========== GPU's Core and Memory Speed Information ==========

GPU Core Speed = 540
GPU Memory Speed = 400

GPU Shader Clock Speed = 1188
Where can I get a new BIOS for my Systemmax computer purchased from Tiger Direct. The system has a

nforce 680i LT SLI mobo. The current BIOS date is 11/26/2007.

I have looked on the nVidia site, Systemmax, and TigerDirect and cannot find it.

Any ideas?

P.S. I have all of the nVidia drivers up to date and the BIOS is the only out of date item left to be addressed.

Specs:

========== Operating System Information ==========

Microsoft Windows 7 , Build 7600

========== Motherboard Information ==========

Motherboard Vendor: NVIDIA

Motherboard Version: 2.0

Motherboard Model: C55L55XEP15

System BIOS version/date: Phonex Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 11/26/2007

========== GeForce Information ==========

GPU 1: GeForce 8600 GT

GPU 1 Video BIOS version: 60.84.43.00.14

========== GPU's Core and Memory Speed Information ==========

GPU Core Speed = 540

GPU Memory Speed = 400

GPU Shader Clock Speed = 1188

Posted 04/03/2010 04:07 PM   
You have to find the motherboard manufacturer, if they make it, otherwise Systemmax.

Should be up to Systemmax to provide the newest BIOS, but download [url="http://www.piriform.com/media/10107/spsetup100.exe"] Speccy [/url] and see if it can identify the true motherboard maker / model
You have to find the motherboard manufacturer, if they make it, otherwise Systemmax.

Should be up to Systemmax to provide the newest BIOS, but download Speccy and see if it can identify the true motherboard maker / model

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 04/03/2010 09:52 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' post='1033367' date='Apr 3 2010, 05:52 PM']You have to find the motherboard manufacturer, if they make it, otherwise Systemmax.

Should be up to Systemmax to provide the newest BIOS, but download [url="http://www.piriform.com/media/10107/spsetup100.exe"] Speccy [/url] and see if it can identify the true motherboard maker / model[/quote]

I ran Speccy (thanks) and got the following:
Manufacturer Nvidia
Chipset vendor NVIDIA
Chipset model nForce 680i SLI SPP
Chipset revision A2
Southbridge vendor NVIDIA
Southbridge model nForce 680i SLI MCP
Southbridge revision A2
BIOS
Brand Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version 6.00 PG
Date 11/26/2007

Looks like I should be able to find it in the nVidia site.
[quote name='Greybear' post='1033367' date='Apr 3 2010, 05:52 PM']You have to find the motherboard manufacturer, if they make it, otherwise Systemmax.

Should be up to Systemmax to provide the newest BIOS, but download Speccy and see if it can identify the true motherboard maker / model

I ran Speccy (thanks) and got the following:

Manufacturer Nvidia

Chipset vendor NVIDIA

Chipset model nForce 680i SLI SPP

Chipset revision A2

Southbridge vendor NVIDIA

Southbridge model nForce 680i SLI MCP

Southbridge revision A2

BIOS

Brand Phoenix Technologies, LTD

Version 6.00 PG

Date 11/26/2007

Looks like I should be able to find it in the nVidia site.

Posted 04/04/2010 02:47 AM   
Was really wanting to see if it could pull the rest of the information, like possibly the Manufacturer of the system Systemax and the model.

And other specification to see if this were the one:

[quote][b]Systemax XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard CPU RAM Kit - OEM Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor 2.66GHz OEM 2GB PC6400 DDR2-800 (2x1GB) Heatsink Fan Pre-Assembled[/b][/quote]
Was really wanting to see if it could pull the rest of the information, like possibly the Manufacturer of the system Systemax and the model.

Systemax XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard CPU RAM Kit - OEM Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor 2.66GHz OEM 2GB PC6400 DDR2-800 (2x1GB) Heatsink Fan Pre-Assembled

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 04/04/2010 03:20 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' post='1033688' date='Apr 4 2010, 11:20 AM']Was really wanting to see if it could pull the rest of the information, like possibly the Manufacturer of the system Systemax and the model.

And other specification to see if this were the one:[/quote]

Here is the description:

Systemax Ultimate Gaming Desktop PC - Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 / genuine Windows® XP Home / NVIDIA nForce 680iLT SLI / 2GB DDR2-800 PC6400 / 250GB SATA / DVDRW / NVIDIA 8600GT 512MB / Gigabit LAN / 600W
[quote name='Greybear' post='1033688' date='Apr 4 2010, 11:20 AM']Was really wanting to see if it could pull the rest of the information, like possibly the Manufacturer of the system Systemax and the model.

Here is the description:

Systemax Ultimate Gaming Desktop PC - Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 / genuine Windows® XP Home / NVIDIA nForce 680iLT SLI / 2GB DDR2-800 PC6400 / 250GB SATA / DVDRW / NVIDIA 8600GT 512MB / Gigabit LAN / 600W

Posted 04/04/2010 03:55 PM   
Looks similar to the description I gave, which means if someone were to check the XFX support or request a BIOS, they might be able to post it for you. XFX does not allow for anonymous browsing or downloading of support documents / drivers.

Gotta ask, also, what are you hoping to fix with the BIOS update?
Looks similar to the description I gave, which means if someone were to check the XFX support or request a BIOS, they might be able to post it for you. XFX does not allow for anonymous browsing or downloading of support documents / drivers.

Posted 04/04/2010 04:10 PM   
Sorry for the long delay but I have been having a puzzling problem and wanted to get an BIOS issues out of the way.

I have 8 GB of SLI memory on the nvidia mobo and GeForce 8600 GT with 512 MB. My Windows 7 was flaky with IE and Firefox crashing.

I ran memtest86+ and am getting errors in the 8200+ MB range. As I said before, I have 8 GB or 8192 MB installed using four memory DIMMS. memtest86+ runs successfully when I remove either set of DIMMs leaving 4 GB in the machine at a time for the test. Also, when I look at the bios when 4 GB is installed then the SLI memory is detected. If I run all 8 GB of SLI capable memory in the machine then the bios shows that SLI is disabled and I get memory errors using memtest86+

According to memtest86+ when you get this type of situation there is usually an incompatibility.

Upgrading the BIOS seems like a good first step. Also, since I do not understand the memory map of the system (e820) I do not know if the GPU memory is addressable and, if so, in what range. Could it be the GPU memory that is the problem? I do not think I can assume that the GPU memory is in a location above 8 GB necessarily.

So, this problem is complicated.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='Greybear' post='1033717' date='Apr 4 2010, 12:10 PM']Looks similar to the description I gave, which means if someone were to check the XFX support or request a BIOS, they might be able to post it for you. XFX does not allow for anonymous browsing or downloading of support documents / drivers.

Gotta ask, also, what are you hoping to fix with the BIOS update?[/quote]
Sorry for the long delay but I have been having a puzzling problem and wanted to get an BIOS issues out of the way.

I have 8 GB of SLI memory on the nvidia mobo and GeForce 8600 GT with 512 MB. My Windows 7 was flaky with IE and Firefox crashing.

I ran memtest86+ and am getting errors in the 8200+ MB range. As I said before, I have 8 GB or 8192 MB installed using four memory DIMMS. memtest86+ runs successfully when I remove either set of DIMMs leaving 4 GB in the machine at a time for the test. Also, when I look at the bios when 4 GB is installed then the SLI memory is detected. If I run all 8 GB of SLI capable memory in the machine then the bios shows that SLI is disabled and I get memory errors using memtest86+

According to memtest86+ when you get this type of situation there is usually an incompatibility.

Upgrading the BIOS seems like a good first step. Also, since I do not understand the memory map of the system (e820) I do not know if the GPU memory is addressable and, if so, in what range. Could it be the GPU memory that is the problem? I do not think I can assume that the GPU memory is in a location above 8 GB necessarily.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='Greybear' post='1033717' date='Apr 4 2010, 12:10 PM']Looks similar to the description I gave, which means if someone were to check the XFX support or request a BIOS, they might be able to post it for you. XFX does not allow for anonymous browsing or downloading of support documents / drivers.

Posted 04/16/2010 05:28 PM   

Any suggestions?

Gotta ask, also, what are you hoping to fix with the BIOS update?[/quote]

Any suggestions?

Posted 04/16/2010 05:28 PM   
Did you recieve all 4 sticks at the same time? And what make and model are they?

The fact that SLI disables itself sound like you install 8GB after you bought the system, and are using a speed higher than the system is rated for. But thats one guess, the other is that there is not enough NB voltage or that the Autodetected voltage for the ram is .1-.2 lower than it needs to be.

Memtest will not try to detect and scan the GPU.
Did you recieve all 4 sticks at the same time? And what make and model are they?

The fact that SLI disables itself sound like you install 8GB after you bought the system, and are using a speed higher than the system is rated for. But thats one guess, the other is that there is not enough NB voltage or that the Autodetected voltage for the ram is .1-.2 lower than it needs to be.

Posted 04/17/2010 12:53 AM   

Posted 04/17/2010 12:53 AM   
Scroll To Top