3D Vision & NVIDIA Optimus Problems
I have an ASUS N61-JV laptop that has an Nvida 325M graphics GPU in addition to an Intel Graphics Media Adapter. The system runs the Nvidia Optimus capability that saves power by only using the Nvidia GPU when it's needed . So far so good - it's a nice laptop. The problem comes when I try and load 3D Vision to run on an external Viewsonic or Samsung 120hz screen.

When I try and load the 3D Vision system it only goes so far with the installation before it says that "Primary Adapter does not support3D". Device manager shows 2 graphics adapters ( I am running win 7 64 bit). I have tried everything and cannot get the external monitor to be attached to the Nvidia GPU. Optimus doesn't seem to have a manual override and slides in automatically.

I have trie dthe Nvidia control panel but cannot see any monitirs at all in the "configure multiple displays" option.

Anyone out there no what I am doing wrong or any hints?

Does 3DVision work with Optimus?

Thanks

Descntrader
I have an ASUS N61-JV laptop that has an Nvida 325M graphics GPU in addition to an Intel Graphics Media Adapter. The system runs the Nvidia Optimus capability that saves power by only using the Nvidia GPU when it's needed . So far so good - it's a nice laptop. The problem comes when I try and load 3D Vision to run on an external Viewsonic or Samsung 120hz screen.

When I try and load the 3D Vision system it only goes so far with the installation before it says that "Primary Adapter does not support3D". Device manager shows 2 graphics adapters ( I am running win 7 64 bit). I have tried everything and cannot get the external monitor to be attached to the Nvidia GPU. Optimus doesn't seem to have a manual override and slides in automatically.

I have trie dthe Nvidia control panel but cannot see any monitirs at all in the "configure multiple displays" option.

Anyone out there no what I am doing wrong or any hints?

Does 3DVision work with Optimus?

Thanks

Descntrader

Posted 04/02/2010 08:21 PM   
Haven't tried it myself, but it should work, considering the right GPU is active at the right moment. By that I mean that when the 3D Vision is being installed and the 3D Vision setup Wizard is running you should be working on the Nvidia GPU and not the Intel one. Then of course while playing a game it should be also running on the Nvidia card, but that is more likely to not need additional attention from your side. I suppose there is no Optimus profile for the 3D Vision so that it is actually running on the Intel and that is probably why you get the error message, try forcing the Nvidia GPU as default or create a profile for the 3D Vision setup and Wizard to use it so that you'll be sure that it is nor running on the Intel GPU and write here if it did help or not.
Haven't tried it myself, but it should work, considering the right GPU is active at the right moment. By that I mean that when the 3D Vision is being installed and the 3D Vision setup Wizard is running you should be working on the Nvidia GPU and not the Intel one. Then of course while playing a game it should be also running on the Nvidia card, but that is more likely to not need additional attention from your side. I suppose there is no Optimus profile for the 3D Vision so that it is actually running on the Intel and that is probably why you get the error message, try forcing the Nvidia GPU as default or create a profile for the 3D Vision setup and Wizard to use it so that you'll be sure that it is nor running on the Intel GPU and write here if it did help or not.

My 3D Vision Blog - 3dvision-blog.com

Posted 04/03/2010 01:10 PM   
Scroll To Top