GPU Overheating Problem! nVIDIA GeForce G 105M overheating problem.
Hello,

I have a problem related to my [u]nVIDIA GeForce G 105M[/u] (512 MB). I'm using a laptop which recently repaired and got it's Mainboard replaced, for some reason it used to have a GeForce 9300M GS but it also replaced with G105M. Anyway, while playing games or browsing internet my computer shut down itself 3-4 times the other day. That got me worried and I started monitoring my system, I realized that it's overheating. First I installed Everest Ultimate and Speedfan, checked the temperatures. I found out that the hottest piece is my GPU Diode which runs at 72-77c when while idle. That seemed unusual to me, while playing games it reaches 80-100c and I even noted a 110c. To find what really causes it I first opened it up and cleaned up the fan CPU temperatures dropped by 5-7 degrees but GPU Diode almost not changed at all.

Here's the system of my computer:
Core 2 Duo 2.10
2GB RAM
250 GB HDD
Win 7 Ultimate

Note that I'm not running anything in background while playing games, I even unplug the network cable and disable the anti-virus program, to maximize my performance while gaming. And I used to play really nice before the computer got repaired, and by the way I'm talking about the same games. Also my laptop is on a hard flat surface, with enough room for it to have a healthy air circulation.

Here's a [url="http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8489/ekranalntsvq.png"]screenshot[/url] from Everest that show the temperatures when comptuter is idle.
And here's another [url="http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/258/ekranalntsdq.png"]screenshot [/url]taken by Speedfan just after exiting a game.

Are these temperatures normal for my GPU or is it overheating ?
Also when I was cleaning up my fan, I noticed a very hot Diode which I believe might be belong to GPU and there wasn't any fan on it ? Is it possible ? (I'm not very familiar with laptop hardware, so I couldn't be sure.)

Thanks.
Hello,

I have a problem related to my nVIDIA GeForce G 105M (512 MB). I'm using a laptop which recently repaired and got it's Mainboard replaced, for some reason it used to have a GeForce 9300M GS but it also replaced with G105M. Anyway, while playing games or browsing internet my computer shut down itself 3-4 times the other day. That got me worried and I started monitoring my system, I realized that it's overheating. First I installed Everest Ultimate and Speedfan, checked the temperatures. I found out that the hottest piece is my GPU Diode which runs at 72-77c when while idle. That seemed unusual to me, while playing games it reaches 80-100c and I even noted a 110c. To find what really causes it I first opened it up and cleaned up the fan CPU temperatures dropped by 5-7 degrees but GPU Diode almost not changed at all.

Here's the system of my computer:

Core 2 Duo 2.10

2GB RAM

250 GB HDD

Win 7 Ultimate

Note that I'm not running anything in background while playing games, I even unplug the network cable and disable the anti-virus program, to maximize my performance while gaming. And I used to play really nice before the computer got repaired, and by the way I'm talking about the same games. Also my laptop is on a hard flat surface, with enough room for it to have a healthy air circulation.

Here's a screenshot from Everest that show the temperatures when comptuter is idle.

And here's another screenshot taken by Speedfan just after exiting a game.

Are these temperatures normal for my GPU or is it overheating ?

Also when I was cleaning up my fan, I noticed a very hot Diode which I believe might be belong to GPU and there wasn't any fan on it ? Is it possible ? (I'm not very familiar with laptop hardware, so I couldn't be sure.)

Thanks.

Posted 03/31/2010 12:13 PM   
Really, no reply at all ?
I don't want to whine about it but I need to solve this issue before it cause any other problems.
Really, no reply at all ?

I don't want to whine about it but I need to solve this issue before it cause any other problems.

Posted 03/31/2010 09:07 PM   
[quote name='Amaranth' post='1031444' date='Mar 31 2010, 09:07 PM']Really, no reply at all ?
I don't want to whine about it but I need to solve this issue before it cause any other problems.[/quote]

well i have that same problem with my desktop ,its overheating ,i made a topic but i got no answers like you , it is because it is a power saving video card,the solution get a new video card or run the fan at 100% but it is not a solution if you play high graphics games,like assassins creed , call of duty, crysis you know,but it was a solution for me that i only play sport games
[quote name='Amaranth' post='1031444' date='Mar 31 2010, 09:07 PM']Really, no reply at all ?

well i have that same problem with my desktop ,its overheating ,i made a topic but i got no answers like you , it is because it is a power saving video card,the solution get a new video card or run the fan at 100% but it is not a solution if you play high graphics games,like assassins creed , call of duty, crysis you know,but it was a solution for me that i only play sport games

Posted 04/01/2010 04:40 PM   
What games are you playing?
What games are you playing?

I hate Vista!

Posted 04/01/2010 04:44 PM   
[quote name='MaxJr' post='1032018' date='Apr 1 2010, 06:40 PM']well i have that same problem with my desktop ,its overheating ,i made a topic but i got no answers like you , it is because it is a power saving video card,the solution get a new video card or run the fan at 100% but it is not a solution if you play high graphics games,like assassins creed , call of duty, crysis you know,but it was a solution for me that i only play sport games[/quote]

How 2 set fan to 100% ?

I've got this problem too!!!
I bought a laptop Acer 5738ZG and while I try 2 play 2 Assassin's Creed 2 after a few minutes it slows down and it's impossible 2 play!!!
I've also got a cooling pad but nothing changed!
[quote name='MaxJr' post='1032018' date='Apr 1 2010, 06:40 PM']well i have that same problem with my desktop ,its overheating ,i made a topic but i got no answers like you , it is because it is a power saving video card,the solution get a new video card or run the fan at 100% but it is not a solution if you play high graphics games,like assassins creed , call of duty, crysis you know,but it was a solution for me that i only play sport games

How 2 set fan to 100% ?

I've got this problem too!!!

I bought a laptop Acer 5738ZG and while I try 2 play 2 Assassin's Creed 2 after a few minutes it slows down and it's impossible 2 play!!!

I've also got a cooling pad but nothing changed!

Posted 04/08/2010 11:06 PM   
Go annoy Acer till they get your motherboard replaced, it's your right to get a fully performing part if you are under warranty. An identical notebook went thru my hands a few months ago for routine work (reinstalling Windows), and temperatures were just fine on that one.
Go annoy Acer till they get your motherboard replaced, it's your right to get a fully performing part if you are under warranty. An identical notebook went thru my hands a few months ago for routine work (reinstalling Windows), and temperatures were just fine on that one.

I've fried enough GPUs to know what i'm talking about, okay?

Posted 04/09/2010 12:37 AM   
Scroll To Top