Can you convert 2d to 3d?
I was speaking to the guys at best buy however they seemed a little sketchy when it came to asking about it's weaknesses. They had a demo running and the glasses work very well when playing games however that are the limits to movies?

They put in a 3d movie and it looked good but I'm sure it's designed with the effects in mind. Does anyone know if you can use the software to convert an 2d movie into 3d? I currently have Con Air which I think would be awesome in 3d without have to buy a second copy.

I'm trying to way the costs over
I was speaking to the guys at best buy however they seemed a little sketchy when it came to asking about it's weaknesses. They had a demo running and the glasses work very well when playing games however that are the limits to movies?

They put in a 3d movie and it looked good but I'm sure it's designed with the effects in mind. Does anyone know if you can use the software to convert an 2d movie into 3d? I currently have Con Air which I think would be awesome in 3d without have to buy a second copy.

I'm trying to way the costs over

Posted 03/27/2010 06:47 AM   
There are a couple of software programs that can do this although i'm not sure how well they work. There is a post on here about PowerDVD 10 being able to play 2D DVD's in 3D on the fly so maybe get the trial and give it a whirl. The only others I know of are TriDef and 2D to 3D Plus from Edimensional.
There are a couple of software programs that can do this although i'm not sure how well they work. There is a post on here about PowerDVD 10 being able to play 2D DVD's in 3D on the fly so maybe get the trial and give it a whirl. The only others I know of are TriDef and 2D to 3D Plus from Edimensional.

Posted 03/27/2010 07:26 AM   
That is not possible
These programs create an illusion of 3D utilizing tons of logic, but its not trully 3D
That is not possible

These programs create an illusion of 3D utilizing tons of logic, but its not trully 3D

Posted 03/27/2010 11:33 AM   
[quote name='rufee' post='1028089' date='Mar 27 2010, 11:33 AM']That is not possible
These programs create an illusion of 3D utilizing tons of logic, but its not trully 3D[/quote]

Neither is 3d Vision or any other 3d thing ever created, the nvidia drivers also use tons of logic to trick the mind into thinking its 3d.
[quote name='rufee' post='1028089' date='Mar 27 2010, 11:33 AM']That is not possible

Neither is 3d Vision or any other 3d thing ever created, the nvidia drivers also use tons of logic to trick the mind into thinking its 3d.

Posted 03/27/2010 12:01 PM   
Try the following method:

[url="http://3dvision-blog.com/2d-to-3d-realtime-video-conversion-script-for-avisynth-v0-3/"]http://3dvision-blog.com/2d-to-3d-realtime...-avisynth-v0-3/[/url]
[url="http://3dvision-blog.com/converting-2d-videos-to-3d-using-virtualdub-and-the-avisynth-script/"]http://3dvision-blog.com/converting-2d-vid...visynth-script/[/url]

Above mentioned method works to some extent to create the illusion of 3D. But none of the automatic methods can be perfect. Manual frame by frame conversion can do a better job but that is a very time consuming job. IMAX does some kind of manual conversion to create the pop out effects.
Try the following method:

http://3dvision-blog.com/2d-to-3d-realtime...-avisynth-v0-3/

http://3dvision-blog.com/converting-2d-vid...visynth-script/

Above mentioned method works to some extent to create the illusion of 3D. But none of the automatic methods can be perfect. Manual frame by frame conversion can do a better job but that is a very time consuming job. IMAX does some kind of manual conversion to create the pop out effects.

Posted 03/27/2010 12:04 PM   
[quote name='Tommygunn777' post='1028109' date='Mar 27 2010, 02:01 PM']Neither is 3d Vision or any other 3d thing ever created, the nvidia drivers also use tons of logic to trick the mind into thinking its 3d.[/quote]
3D is not a mind trick its the way we see the the world
3D Glasses are a tool for seeing everything the way we should see it
go to wikipedia for god sake
[quote name='Tommygunn777' post='1028109' date='Mar 27 2010, 02:01 PM']Neither is 3d Vision or any other 3d thing ever created, the nvidia drivers also use tons of logic to trick the mind into thinking its 3d.

3D is not a mind trick its the way we see the the world

Posted 03/27/2010 12:12 PM   
[quote name='rufee' post='1028114' date='Mar 27 2010, 12:12 PM']3D is not a mind trick its the way we see the the world
go to wikipedia for god sake[/quote]

I'm talking about viewing 3d through a computer or TV you complete and utter retard!
[quote name='rufee' post='1028114' date='Mar 27 2010, 12:12 PM']3D is not a mind trick its the way we see the the world

I'm talking about viewing 3d through a computer or TV you complete and utter retard!

Posted 03/27/2010 12:28 PM   
go to wikipedia for god sake[/quote]

Also anybody that uses wikipedia for FACTS is a muppet. Do you even know how Wiki works?

Also anybody that uses wikipedia for FACTS is a muppet. Do you even know how Wiki works?

Posted 03/27/2010 12:31 PM   
pal id suggest u mind ur language.

dont double-post for no reason(theres something called editing).getting angry is not going to help you.

also,converting a movie into 3d is:

1 time consuming

2 nowhere near perfect

its better not to waste your time on this

these movies that are released in 3d use 2 projections overlapped on each other.polarized glasses are worn to get the correct angle.its better to adjust the player for each movie rather than spending time getting frustrated for this
pal id suggest u mind ur language.

dont double-post for no reason(theres something called editing).getting angry is not going to help you.

1 time consuming

2 nowhere near perfect

these movies that are released in 3d use 2 projections overlapped on each other.polarized glasses are worn to get the correct angle.its better to adjust the player for each movie rather than spending time getting frustrated for this

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 03/27/2010 12:37 PM   
[quote name='Ultimate PC Man' post='1028137' date='Mar 27 2010, 12:37 PM']pal id suggest u mind ur language.

1 time consuming

2 nowhere near perfect

these movies that are released in 3d use 2 projections overlapped on each other.polarized glasses are worn to get the correct angle.its better to adjust the player for each movie rather than spending time getting frustrated for this[/quote]

I'm not angry, i was quite calculated when i wrote them out. Edit screen would not open for me? but you are quite right i should mind my language. All have a nice day! /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
[quote name='Ultimate PC Man' post='1028137' date='Mar 27 2010, 12:37 PM']pal id suggest u mind ur language.

1 time consuming

2 nowhere near perfect

I'm not angry, i was quite calculated when i wrote them out. Edit screen would not open for me? but you are quite right i should mind my language. All have a nice day! /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Posted 03/27/2010 12:42 PM   
[quote name='Tommygunn777' post='1028109' date='Mar 27 2010, 02:01 PM']Neither is 3d Vision or any other 3d thing ever created, the nvidia drivers also use tons of logic to trick the mind into thinking its 3d.[/quote]
Lol. There is no tricks needed to create 3D from a real 3D content. Just render the image from two different angles and show them to your eyes separated. Also many of those 3D movies are shot with two cameras to get it "real" 3D not fake. So your brain does the tricks not your PC or drivers.

And what rufee said is correct. When converting 2D to 3D you don't have two different camera angles to start with. Some level of depth can be generated when the camera or target is moving by calculating how fast they move relatively. But it's nowhere as good as it was if it was real 3D.
[quote name='Tommygunn777' post='1028109' date='Mar 27 2010, 02:01 PM']Neither is 3d Vision or any other 3d thing ever created, the nvidia drivers also use tons of logic to trick the mind into thinking its 3d.

Lol. There is no tricks needed to create 3D from a real 3D content. Just render the image from two different angles and show them to your eyes separated. Also many of those 3D movies are shot with two cameras to get it "real" 3D not fake. So your brain does the tricks not your PC or drivers.

And what rufee said is correct. When converting 2D to 3D you don't have two different camera angles to start with. Some level of depth can be generated when the camera or target is moving by calculating how fast they move relatively. But it's nowhere as good as it was if it was real 3D.

Posted 03/27/2010 01:23 PM   
[quote name='MiikaH' post='1028158' date='Mar 27 2010, 03:23 PM']Lol. There is no tricks needed to create 3D from a real 3D content. Just render the image from two different angles and show them to your eyes separated. Also many of those 3D movies are shot with two cameras to get it "real" 3D not fake. So your brain does the tricks not your PC or drivers.

And what rufee said is correct. When converting 2D to 3D you don't have two different camera angles to start with. Some level of depth can be generated when the camera or target is moving by calculating how fast they move relatively. But it's nowhere as good as it was if it was real 3D.[/quote]
Thats what i wanted to say thanks MiikaH :)
[quote name='MiikaH' post='1028158' date='Mar 27 2010, 03:23 PM']Lol. There is no tricks needed to create 3D from a real 3D content. Just render the image from two different angles and show them to your eyes separated. Also many of those 3D movies are shot with two cameras to get it "real" 3D not fake. So your brain does the tricks not your PC or drivers.

Thats what i wanted to say thanks MiikaH :)

Posted 03/27/2010 01:31 PM   
[quote name='MiikaH' post='1028158' date='Mar 27 2010, 01:23 PM']Lol. There is no tricks needed to create 3D from a real 3D content. Just render the image from two different angles and show them to your eyes separated. Also many of those 3D movies are shot with two cameras to get it "real" 3D not fake. So your brain does the tricks not your PC or drivers.

And what rufee said is correct. When converting 2D to 3D you don't have two different camera angles to start with. Some level of depth can be generated when the camera or target is moving by calculating how fast they move relatively. But it's nowhere as good as it was if it was real 3D.[/quote]

Ok, first of all rufee sorry for the earlier remarks, just been a bad weeks worth of overclocking with the god awful xfx 750i mobo thats all and the "wiki for gods sake" got my back up but hear me out guys. Until a camera with a single lens can capture the depth of scene without using the 'trick' of two cameras then we will never see true 3d. All movies are doing is capturing scenes at the hardware level instead of using proprietary limited software like 3d vision and power dvd10 which makes it so much easier to produce. I dont want to go too much into it cause im not trying to argue but can you see where im coming from? It wont be long before 2d-3d conversion is pretty much exactly the same standard is your so-called true 3d. People have already had excellent results with the current conversion techniques myself included.
[quote name='MiikaH' post='1028158' date='Mar 27 2010, 01:23 PM']Lol. There is no tricks needed to create 3D from a real 3D content. Just render the image from two different angles and show them to your eyes separated. Also many of those 3D movies are shot with two cameras to get it "real" 3D not fake. So your brain does the tricks not your PC or drivers.

Ok, first of all rufee sorry for the earlier remarks, just been a bad weeks worth of overclocking with the god awful xfx 750i mobo thats all and the "wiki for gods sake" got my back up but hear me out guys. Until a camera with a single lens can capture the depth of scene without using the 'trick' of two cameras then we will never see true 3d. All movies are doing is capturing scenes at the hardware level instead of using proprietary limited software like 3d vision and power dvd10 which makes it so much easier to produce. I dont want to go too much into it cause im not trying to argue but can you see where im coming from? It wont be long before 2d-3d conversion is pretty much exactly the same standard is your so-called true 3d. People have already had excellent results with the current conversion techniques myself included.

Posted 03/27/2010 10:22 PM   
The way i see it is that no matter what software or hardware they produce we will never have "true 3D" until Holograghic systems appears as you can't have real 3D on a 2D screen because it's still flat :)
The way i see it is that no matter what software or hardware they produce we will never have "true 3D" until Holograghic systems appears as you can't have real 3D on a 2D screen because it's still flat :)

Posted 03/28/2010 09:00 AM   
Scroll To Top