9500gt 1gb ram - overheating?
Hi,

i reciently got a 9500gt with 1gb ram. Every thing went well for a few days then i started to get blurry graphics when in games.

So i cleaned out the card, despite it being new and no real visibale signs of dust and it worked. This needs to be done every few days or the blur comes back after about 10 minutes of playing a game

after a clean the card sits around 43 degrees. If i need to clean it then the card sits about 53 degrees on idle. When i exit out of a game and check the temp when i get blur it is about 70 to 75. This does not seem extremly high to have such an effect as it does.

should not need to clean the card each week either.

Am i missing something?

thanks in advance

Stephen
Hi,

i reciently got a 9500gt with 1gb ram. Every thing went well for a few days then i started to get blurry graphics when in games.

So i cleaned out the card, despite it being new and no real visibale signs of dust and it worked. This needs to be done every few days or the blur comes back after about 10 minutes of playing a game

after a clean the card sits around 43 degrees. If i need to clean it then the card sits about 53 degrees on idle. When i exit out of a game and check the temp when i get blur it is about 70 to 75. This does not seem extremly high to have such an effect as it does.

should not need to clean the card each week either.

Am i missing something?

thanks in advance

Stephen

Posted 03/26/2010 10:26 AM   
Time before cleaning's depend's on the enviroment the card reside's in.I have a Lian-Li case with dust filter's on all the intake fan's and their is time's i have to clean the filter's 3 time's a week.But i live in a old house to and my case set,s on the floor.

You can download Evga precision and set the osd to display temp's while in game since your card will cool down some in the time it take's to exit the game.

And no you should'nt experience any graphic anomily's at 75c so could be a problem with the card itself.
Time before cleaning's depend's on the enviroment the card reside's in.I have a Lian-Li case with dust filter's on all the intake fan's and their is time's i have to clean the filter's 3 time's a week.But i live in a old house to and my case set,s on the floor.

You can download Evga precision and set the osd to display temp's while in game since your card will cool down some in the time it take's to exit the game.

And no you should'nt experience any graphic anomily's at 75c so could be a problem with the card itself.

Posted 03/26/2010 10:54 AM   
The 9500GT is a low-end card, and often equipped with small fans. I had the same temperatures on my old 9500GS, playing L4D & Battlefield 2142 on highest.
What games are you playing?
The 9500GT is a low-end card, and often equipped with small fans. I had the same temperatures on my old 9500GS, playing L4D & Battlefield 2142 on highest.

I hate Vista!

Posted 03/26/2010 02:55 PM   
[quote name='iCore' post='1027477' date='Mar 26 2010, 02:55 PM']The 9500GT is a low-end card, and often equipped with small fans. I had the same temperatures on my old 9500GS, playing L4D & Battlefield 2142 on highest.
What games are you playing?[/quote]

teamfortress 2 in high spec. this game usually lasts a few weeks before i need to clean.

Just put battlefield bc2 on in the last couple of days and cleaned it both days, playing it in low settings. it started me off in medium settings but i turned them down.
[quote name='iCore' post='1027477' date='Mar 26 2010, 02:55 PM']The 9500GT is a low-end card, and often equipped with small fans. I had the same temperatures on my old 9500GS, playing L4D & Battlefield 2142 on highest.

teamfortress 2 in high spec. this game usually lasts a few weeks before i need to clean.

Just put battlefield bc2 on in the last couple of days and cleaned it both days, playing it in low settings. it started me off in medium settings but i turned them down.

Posted 03/26/2010 10:36 PM   
Scroll To Top