Installation problem
Hi guys,

I've used the Geforce 7600GS graphics card for a while, because I was waiting for my replacement 9500GS. A few days ago the replacement came in.

As I've been thaught, I've de-installed all graphic drivers from the computer, in order to download drivers for the new card.
While de-installing, I noticed a lot of other NVidia programs, which I also de-installed, thinking: 'If needed I can always re-install them'.

Apparantly this doesn't include the Physx program. I've de-installed the entire program and used a clean-up tool to get rid of the last files.
While trying to play a game, it prompted me saying 'failure to initialize physx' (something like that).

I've been trying to re-install it, using the downloads from the NVidia site and also using the game-cd which has a setup for Physx. It doesn't seem like it can be re-installed. When I open setup, it unpacks the files and loads the setup but afterwards I only see this screen:

[img]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1566/physxb.jpg[/img]

The text in de middle reads 'text' and I can only cancel the setup, because there are no other options.

Is there a way to re-install Physx? Maybe deleting registry entries? I don't want to do this, until I'm sure there is no other way.

I hope some of you can help me out.

Greets,

Dest
Hi guys,

I've used the Geforce 7600GS graphics card for a while, because I was waiting for my replacement 9500GS. A few days ago the replacement came in.

As I've been thaught, I've de-installed all graphic drivers from the computer, in order to download drivers for the new card.

While de-installing, I noticed a lot of other NVidia programs, which I also de-installed, thinking: 'If needed I can always re-install them'.

Apparantly this doesn't include the Physx program. I've de-installed the entire program and used a clean-up tool to get rid of the last files.

While trying to play a game, it prompted me saying 'failure to initialize physx' (something like that).

I've been trying to re-install it, using the downloads from the NVidia site and also using the game-cd which has a setup for Physx. It doesn't seem like it can be re-installed. When I open setup, it unpacks the files and loads the setup but afterwards I only see this screen:

The text in de middle reads 'text' and I can only cancel the setup, because there are no other options.

Is there a way to re-install Physx? Maybe deleting registry entries? I don't want to do this, until I'm sure there is no other way.

I hope some of you can help me out.

Greets,

Dest

Posted 03/25/2010 09:17 PM   
Scroll To Top