Sequence to update MB drivers
Have just downloaded updated drivers for my P5N-E SLI 650i MB.
[b][color="#0000FF"]15.53_nforce_win7_32bit_international_whql[/color][/b]

Have already upgraded to WIN 7 OS.

Device Mgr shows no conflicts or problems, but now my front panel 'card reader' is dead.
Is there a posting/site that will walk me thru doing this update?

Intel Core 2 CPU 6400@2.13GHz
5 GB RAM ( 2-2GB Kingston sticks, not sure where the other GB is from???)
32-bit Windows 7 (home premium)
GeForce 9500GT 1GB graphics card
Have just downloaded updated drivers for my P5N-E SLI 650i MB.

15.53_nforce_win7_32bit_international_whql

Have already upgraded to WIN 7 OS.

Device Mgr shows no conflicts or problems, but now my front panel 'card reader' is dead.

Is there a posting/site that will walk me thru doing this update?

Intel Core 2 CPU 6400@2.13GHz

5 GB RAM ( 2-2GB Kingston sticks, not sure where the other GB is from???)

32-bit Windows 7 (home premium)

GeForce 9500GT 1GB graphics card

Posted 03/24/2010 11:16 PM   
Your front panel card reader is usb? Win7 should have found it?

You can run the nvidia drivers, but they will probably detect only the ethernet drivers to install, since Win7 does a good job? Does device manager show your card reader? Or go to [start][computer] and see if the card reader shows up as multiple drives? If it does, open the case, unplug the cable to the mobo (system ON), wait a few seconds, then plug it in. Windows should 'detect new hardware'.

If NO, have you been in the case lately? The cable might be pulled out? Try reseating it? If still no luck, go into the bios and look for 'legacy USB' and turn it on...

This is really strange? My Win7 installation was the smoothest, most trouble-free since I began using Windows back in Win3.0 days!

One thing I've noticed is that Win7 likes LOTS of restarts to finish installing everything? If you've restarted it 6-8 times since installing Win7, it should have done it?
Your front panel card reader is usb? Win7 should have found it?

You can run the nvidia drivers, but they will probably detect only the ethernet drivers to install, since Win7 does a good job? Does device manager show your card reader? Or go to [start][computer] and see if the card reader shows up as multiple drives? If it does, open the case, unplug the cable to the mobo (system ON), wait a few seconds, then plug it in. Windows should 'detect new hardware'.

If NO, have you been in the case lately? The cable might be pulled out? Try reseating it? If still no luck, go into the bios and look for 'legacy USB' and turn it on...

This is really strange? My Win7 installation was the smoothest, most trouble-free since I began using Windows back in Win3.0 days!

One thing I've noticed is that Win7 likes LOTS of restarts to finish installing everything? If you've restarted it 6-8 times since installing Win7, it should have done it?

QX6700/3.2ghz [x12], evga 680i, 2x 2Gb Mushkin 1066, Zotac 260GTX, 6TB hd space; Win7 64 Ultimate/Vista/XP/Linux. AverMedia m780 atsc tuner. Home Media Center.

Posted 03/25/2010 12:40 AM   
[quote name='OldFart' post='1026406' date='Mar 24 2010, 05:40 PM']Your front panel card reader is usb? Win7 should have found it?

One thing I've noticed is that Win7 likes LOTS of restarts to finish installing everything? If you've restarted it 6-8 times since installing Win7, it should have done it?[/quote]

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I will give the BIOS a look.
I noticed after the upgrade the MB driver was a 2006 Microsoft driver. Just ran the update program, still no card reader.
How will the card reader show up in the device manager?
[quote name='OldFart' post='1026406' date='Mar 24 2010, 05:40 PM']Your front panel card reader is usb? Win7 should have found it?

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I will give the BIOS a look.

I noticed after the upgrade the MB driver was a 2006 Microsoft driver. Just ran the update program, still no card reader.

How will the card reader show up in the device manager?

Posted 03/25/2010 05:37 AM   
Scroll To Top