SLI bridge detection no indicator on sli page as to if it is seeing the sli bridge
Short:
SLI can be on or off w/o the sli bridge.. and there is not any indicator on sli page as to if it is seeing the sli bridge now or not.

Long:
Yesterday, Installed second video card and sli bridge. Booted, drivers detected & installed, rebooted, got prompt to enable sli, enabled it. woo hoo. Today, (next boot up) I got a message when i booted my computer that said something to the effect of 'we did not detect an sli bridge, while you can use sli without it, you will get better performance with it, click here to open nivida control panel....' or something. So i shut down my pc, open the case, take off the sli brige, take off the retaining bracket thing (it holds them in) for my pcie cards.. and put the sli bridge back on before the bracket, as i noticed last time, the other way around, the bridge went on kinda tight. you know.. make sure the cards are aligned a little better, since i noticed contacts on both the inside and outside of the bridge connection, i want it to fit nicely, not kinda tight. so i turn my computer back on. I cannot find any way to determine if i fixed anything. i am assuming the message i saw was a one time thing, and wasnt going to keep nagging. as such, i am not convinced i fixed it, just cuz i didnt see the message about the sli bridge again.

On a side note, I am use the driver version that is pulled back.. 196.75 .. but that is because it actually fixed a problem for me, it didnt create one. I couldnt OC with the previous version 196.21, but a rollback to the one before that 195.62 would OC fine.

Thanks.

i5 750
4G DDR3
2X - EVGA Geforce 9500 GT 1G DDR2
ASRock P55 Extreme Bios v1.90
Short:

SLI can be on or off w/o the sli bridge.. and there is not any indicator on sli page as to if it is seeing the sli bridge now or not.

Long:

Yesterday, Installed second video card and sli bridge. Booted, drivers detected & installed, rebooted, got prompt to enable sli, enabled it. woo hoo. Today, (next boot up) I got a message when i booted my computer that said something to the effect of 'we did not detect an sli bridge, while you can use sli without it, you will get better performance with it, click here to open nivida control panel....' or something. So i shut down my pc, open the case, take off the sli brige, take off the retaining bracket thing (it holds them in) for my pcie cards.. and put the sli bridge back on before the bracket, as i noticed last time, the other way around, the bridge went on kinda tight. you know.. make sure the cards are aligned a little better, since i noticed contacts on both the inside and outside of the bridge connection, i want it to fit nicely, not kinda tight. so i turn my computer back on. I cannot find any way to determine if i fixed anything. i am assuming the message i saw was a one time thing, and wasnt going to keep nagging. as such, i am not convinced i fixed it, just cuz i didnt see the message about the sli bridge again.

On a side note, I am use the driver version that is pulled back.. 196.75 .. but that is because it actually fixed a problem for me, it didnt create one. I couldnt OC with the previous version 196.21, but a rollback to the one before that 195.62 would OC fine.

Thanks.

i5 750

4G DDR3

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 609MHz (7-7-7-20)
EVGA P55 SLI E657
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA)
X409BV-FHD (1920x1080@60Hz)

Posted 03/20/2010 08:03 AM   
[quote name='styxdogg' post='1023335' date='Mar 20 2010, 08:03 AM']Short:

Long:

Thanks.

i5 750
4G DDR3
ASRock P55 Extreme Bios v1.90[/quote]

hmm thats a little odd
you should be able to tell if the bridge is working because you get higher fps, run a benchmark with and without the bridge installed, and see if there is any difference in FPS, if not your bridge is most likely broken

hope that helps
[quote name='styxdogg' post='1023335' date='Mar 20 2010, 08:03 AM']Short:

Long:

Thanks.

i5 750

4G DDR3

hmm thats a little odd

you should be able to tell if the bridge is working because you get higher fps, run a benchmark with and without the bridge installed, and see if there is any difference in FPS, if not your bridge is most likely broken

hope that helps

My Rig:
Cpu: i3770k @ 4.3 Ghz
Ram: 16Gb @ 1600Mhz
SSD: 240Gb Corsair Force
Hdd: 1 TB
Drive: Blu-ray rewrite drive
Gpu: GTX 670 FTW 4Gb SLI
CPU + GPU: Watercooled
Case : NZXT Switch 810
Screen : Asus 22"

Posted 03/20/2010 09:19 PM   
[quote name='--Blaze--' post='1023726' date='Mar 20 2010, 04:19 PM']hmm thats a little odd

hope that helps[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I realize that is something you can do. But it seems a bit cumbersome to me to do that, especially when the nvidia control panel obviously knows if it is there or not. I mean, it gave me the message about it, so it should be able to check it again if i wish it to.
[quote name='--Blaze--' post='1023726' date='Mar 20 2010, 04:19 PM']hmm thats a little odd

hope that helps

Thanks for the response. I realize that is something you can do. But it seems a bit cumbersome to me to do that, especially when the nvidia control panel obviously knows if it is there or not. I mean, it gave me the message about it, so it should be able to check it again if i wish it to.

EVGA P55 SLI E657

Posted 03/21/2010 03:40 AM   
[quote name='styxdogg' post='1023886' date='Mar 21 2010, 03:40 AM']Thanks for the response. I realize that is something you can do. But it seems a bit cumbersome to me to do that, especially when the nvidia control panel obviously knows if it is there or not. I mean, it gave me the message about it, so it should be able to check it again if i wish it to.[/quote]

Well i have notice that when i have taken the bridge off it tells you that you have and when you place the bridge back on, it doesnt tell you its there.
The only way you can really tell is performance.
[quote name='styxdogg' post='1023886' date='Mar 21 2010, 03:40 AM']Thanks for the response. I realize that is something you can do. But it seems a bit cumbersome to me to do that, especially when the nvidia control panel obviously knows if it is there or not. I mean, it gave me the message about it, so it should be able to check it again if i wish it to.

Well i have notice that when i have taken the bridge off it tells you that you have and when you place the bridge back on, it doesnt tell you its there.

The only way you can really tell is performance.

My Rig:
Cpu: i3770k @ 4.3 Ghz
Ram: 16Gb @ 1600Mhz
SSD: 240Gb Corsair Force
Hdd: 1 TB
Drive: Blu-ray rewrite drive
Gpu: GTX 670 FTW 4Gb SLI
CPU + GPU: Watercooled
Case : NZXT Switch 810
Screen : Asus 22"

Posted 03/21/2010 10:10 AM   
I wonder if there are any other utilities out there that are able to provide this information.
I wonder if there are any other utilities out there that are able to provide this information.

EVGA P55 SLI E657

Posted 03/22/2010 03:39 AM   
[quote name='styxdogg' post='1024485' date='Mar 21 2010, 10:39 PM']I wonder if there are any other utilities out there that are able to provide this information.[/quote]

I have the same case, you find something?
I'm gonna try on another board to see if the same behavior happens.

PD: To determine whether sli connector has been detected I use Everest. (Not sure if this is able to detect it.)
[quote name='styxdogg' post='1024485' date='Mar 21 2010, 10:39 PM']I wonder if there are any other utilities out there that are able to provide this information.

PD: To determine whether sli connector has been detected I use Everest. (Not sure if this is able to detect it.)

Posted 05/26/2010 07:10 PM   
[quote name='styxdogg' post='1024485' date='Mar 21 2010, 10:39 PM']I wonder if there are any other utilities out there that are able to provide this information.[/quote]

[quote name='styxdogg' post='1024485' date='Mar 21 2010, 10:39 PM']I wonder if there are any other utilities out there that are able to provide this information.

Posted 05/26/2010 07:10 PM   
Hi. I just wanted to update and say this: I have since bought a new flexible bridge from nvidia. I still have the same trouble. I have noticed 1 way for sure to tell if the bridge is not working. if when installing a new driver you click the box for a "clean install" after a reboot you will again see the tray message. I have also found that this card doesnt appear to be officially supported by asrock on their board. i plan on updating my bios sometime as i am still using version 1.90. the notes on the bios updates are not telling me this will help however. i also noticed in the nivdia control panel it shows a message that says ".... connect the sli-ready graphics cards with an sli connector." i find it funny sli works pretty well, but fails to use the sli connector. you would think this would just be an issue between the cards and not the board itself.. but I dont know enough to say either way. currently using driver "270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql." i have attached screen shots of the 2 messages.
Hi. I just wanted to update and say this: I have since bought a new flexible bridge from nvidia. I still have the same trouble. I have noticed 1 way for sure to tell if the bridge is not working. if when installing a new driver you click the box for a "clean install" after a reboot you will again see the tray message. I have also found that this card doesnt appear to be officially supported by asrock on their board. i plan on updating my bios sometime as i am still using version 1.90. the notes on the bios updates are not telling me this will help however. i also noticed in the nivdia control panel it shows a message that says ".... connect the sli-ready graphics cards with an sli connector." i find it funny sli works pretty well, but fails to use the sli connector. you would think this would just be an issue between the cards and not the board itself.. but I dont know enough to say either way. currently using driver "270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql." i have attached screen shots of the 2 messages.

EVGA P55 SLI E657

Posted 04/22/2011 08:12 PM   
I think a load of defective bridges went out recently. My brand new ribbon sli bridge from my new motherboard was bad, causing flickering in Steam games with SLi enabled. Old one from my eVGA 750sli board works good still so I'm using it.
I think a load of defective bridges went out recently. My brand new ribbon sli bridge from my new motherboard was bad, causing flickering in Steam games with SLi enabled. Old one from my eVGA 750sli board works good still so I'm using it.

2 eVGA GTX 570 in SLi (three by weeks end)

Posted 04/26/2011 11:30 AM   
Yup i had this exact same problem with Driver 270.61 with my GTX590 Quad SLI setup. Same error message saying bridge was not present. So i bought another 2 bridges and tried em both. Same error message. There's no damn way 3 brand new SLI bridges could all be broken. This IS a driver fault not a physical one. I went back to using an older driver and the error message went away. That is proof enough for me that its a driver bug.
Yup i had this exact same problem with Driver 270.61 with my GTX590 Quad SLI setup. Same error message saying bridge was not present. So i bought another 2 bridges and tried em both. Same error message. There's no damn way 3 brand new SLI bridges could all be broken. This IS a driver fault not a physical one. I went back to using an older driver and the error message went away. That is proof enough for me that its a driver bug.

2x EVGA GTX580 (3GB version) in SLI

Core i7 980x @stock

G.Skill DDR3 12GB @ 1600mhz

EVGA Classified E7624-Way SLI motherboard

LG Blu Ray Player/DVD re-writer

27" Samsung SA950 3D monitor

Auzentek Home Theatre HD X-fi Soundcard

Logitech Z5500 5.1 surround

Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200w PSU

Coolermaster HAF X case

3x OCZ Agility 240GB SSD's in RAID 0

2x Seagate 500GB HDD's in RAID 0 (backup)

Posted 05/04/2011 11:55 PM   
[quote name='RavenMaster' date='04 May 2011 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1304553326' post='1233550']
[/quote]

Hmm. I have had this problem as far back as driver 196.21. what driver are you using currently?
[quote name='RavenMaster' date='04 May 2011 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1304553326' post='1233550']

Hmm. I have had this problem as far back as driver 196.21. what driver are you using currently?

EVGA P55 SLI E657

Posted 05/05/2011 02:05 PM   
Scroll To Top