Unable to get sound on HDTV with HDMI connection Geforce 9500 GT
I have a Vizio VO320E HDTV and it is connected via HDMI to my Geforce 9500 GT. The picture is fine, no problems there, the problem lies in the audio. I have tried getting audio to go through the television but I am unable to. First off, it won't output the audio just through the HDMI connection, so I purchased a 3.5mm to RCA adapter because right next to the HDMI connection on the TV is a set of RCA inputs. I connected the cord from my computer to my TV but I still got no sound. I have tested the cord on other things and it worked fine so it's not a problem with the cords.

Does anyone have any advice? From looking around, some people said they got a temporary solution by disabling HDMI audio via the Nvidia control panel but I could not find where I do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and I am running Windows XP if that helps at all.

EDIT: I'm thinking I may have posted this in the wrong category. Geforce graphics cards might be more appropriate. If anyone can move this, that would be great. Thanks :)
I have a Vizio VO320E HDTV and it is connected via HDMI to my Geforce 9500 GT. The picture is fine, no problems there, the problem lies in the audio. I have tried getting audio to go through the television but I am unable to. First off, it won't output the audio just through the HDMI connection, so I purchased a 3.5mm to RCA adapter because right next to the HDMI connection on the TV is a set of RCA inputs. I connected the cord from my computer to my TV but I still got no sound. I have tested the cord on other things and it worked fine so it's not a problem with the cords.

Does anyone have any advice? From looking around, some people said they got a temporary solution by disabling HDMI audio via the Nvidia control panel but I could not find where I do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and I am running Windows XP if that helps at all.

EDIT: I'm thinking I may have posted this in the wrong category. Geforce graphics cards might be more appropriate. If anyone can move this, that would be great. Thanks :)

Posted 03/19/2010 03:02 AM   
I have the exact same problem except i dont have a HDMI port on my laptop so im using a dvi to hdmi adaptor for video and a stereo cable for audio conected on tv and laptop with 3.5 mm jacks. I have sound on my tv from the laptop, but soon as i connect the hdmi (dvi to hdmi adaptor) cable to the laptop the sound disappeas . Is the graphic card sending a mutting signal to the tv maybe, i dont know. I have an Acer laptop 7520G with 800M gt graphics, 4gb of ram, turion 64 X2 2.0 Ghz procesor,Realtek HD audio chipset. Windows & 64 bit, video driver 197.16, and R2.45 version for audio. Tested on two tvs (Sony kdl32w4000 and LG 37lh5000 ) .
I have the exact same problem except i dont have a HDMI port on my laptop so im using a dvi to hdmi adaptor for video and a stereo cable for audio conected on tv and laptop with 3.5 mm jacks. I have sound on my tv from the laptop, but soon as i connect the hdmi (dvi to hdmi adaptor) cable to the laptop the sound disappeas . Is the graphic card sending a mutting signal to the tv maybe, i dont know. I have an Acer laptop 7520G with 800M gt graphics, 4gb of ram, turion 64 X2 2.0 Ghz procesor,Realtek HD audio chipset. Windows & 64 bit, video driver 197.16, and R2.45 version for audio. Tested on two tvs (Sony kdl32w4000 and LG 37lh5000 ) .

Posted 03/29/2010 07:18 PM   
I have the same problem too!! /turned.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':turned:' /> I have the 9500 vid card and when i use the dvi to hdmi addapter the sound will not come through. i go to the nvidia control pannel and change the setting to enable sound over hdmi and still no sound. When i try to use the analog rca's pluged in to the lcd with the setting disabled still no audio. any fix would be greatly appreciated.
Joshua
I have the same problem too!! /turned.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':turned:' /> I have the 9500 vid card and when i use the dvi to hdmi addapter the sound will not come through. i go to the nvidia control pannel and change the setting to enable sound over hdmi and still no sound. When i try to use the analog rca's pluged in to the lcd with the setting disabled still no audio. any fix would be greatly appreciated.

Joshua

Posted 05/10/2010 04:56 AM   
Scroll To Top