Emperor Battle for Dune Game Crash Windows 7
I've had issues getting this game to run since the Windows 7 beta. I can run the game currently on my sons' computer using Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate with the 196.21 Drivers.
Windows 7 however will run the game until you try to move more than one unit at a time then it begins freezing up for a few seconds to a minute or two after which the game bursts forward to catch up, or it crashes out. Sometimes this crash results in a full BSOD. Windows is reporting this as a graphic driver failure.

I have tried running this game in compatibility modes, As Administrator, turning down graphic levels and sound levels. All with the same results. I have also tried reducing the ram to see if it would change things with no luck as well. I have a link here for a whole community of gamers that are having the same issue so I am hoping someone here might have some help for us.

[topic="0"]Fed2k Emperor Battle for Dune topic[/topic]

My system is

Geforce 9800GT black
intel quad core q6700
8 gb ram
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
Creative Titanium Sound Blaster pci
DX 10
I've had issues getting this game to run since the Windows 7 beta. I can run the game currently on my sons' computer using Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate with the 196.21 Drivers.

Windows 7 however will run the game until you try to move more than one unit at a time then it begins freezing up for a few seconds to a minute or two after which the game bursts forward to catch up, or it crashes out. Sometimes this crash results in a full BSOD. Windows is reporting this as a graphic driver failure.

I have tried running this game in compatibility modes, As Administrator, turning down graphic levels and sound levels. All with the same results. I have also tried reducing the ram to see if it would change things with no luck as well. I have a link here for a whole community of gamers that are having the same issue so I am hoping someone here might have some help for us.

My system is

Geforce 9800GT black

intel quad core q6700

8 gb ram

DX 10

Posted 03/14/2010 05:51 PM   
With Win 7 Ultimate you can install Win XP Mode. And you can install Dune under that XP instance. Then in Win 7 you can run Dune from the Win XP mode installed applications folder.

[quote name='Arkangel' post='1019238' date='Mar 14 2010, 12:51 PM']I've had issues getting this game to run since the Windows 7 beta. I can run the game currently on my sons' computer using Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate with the 196.21 Drivers.

My system is

Geforce 9800GT black
intel quad core q6700
8 gb ram
DX 10[/quote]
With Win 7 Ultimate you can install Win XP Mode. And you can install Dune under that XP instance. Then in Win 7 you can run Dune from the Win XP mode installed applications folder.

[quote name='Arkangel' post='1019238' date='Mar 14 2010, 12:51 PM']I've had issues getting this game to run since the Windows 7 beta. I can run the game currently on my sons' computer using Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate with the 196.21 Drivers.

My system is

Geforce 9800GT black

intel quad core q6700

8 gb ram

DX 10

Posted 03/18/2010 01:47 PM   
[quote name='pinolian' post='1021933' date='Mar 18 2010, 06:47 AM']With Win 7 Ultimate you can install Win XP Mode. And you can install Dune under that XP instance. Then in Win 7 you can run Dune from the Win XP mode installed applications folder.[/quote]
Unfortunately I am using windows 7 home premium. Have you tried using Dune that way and if so how does it run?
[quote name='pinolian' post='1021933' date='Mar 18 2010, 06:47 AM']With Win 7 Ultimate you can install Win XP Mode. And you can install Dune under that XP instance. Then in Win 7 you can run Dune from the Win XP mode installed applications folder.

Unfortunately I am using windows 7 home premium. Have you tried using Dune that way and if so how does it run?

Posted 03/19/2010 11:38 PM   
Scroll To Top