Graphic card freezes computer
I bought a GeforceForce graphics card because a website recommended it to me. I inserted it into my computer and installed the driver. But now whenever i try to run high graphic games, it will freeze, then work again, then freeze, then work again. It never did this before I got the card, it was just slow. Eventually it will freeze, the sound will stop and will make the sound it was when it froze. ( like if someone was saying the it would sound like "TH-TH-TH-TH-TH-TH"" I have to restart my computer. I originally thought it was a problem with overheating. I put a fan next to my computer with the side off. I ran my program and nothing changed. I felt the graphics card after shutting off and disconnecting the power cord and it wasn't hot. Does anyone know why? My computer is a Dell Dimension E520. It is windows Xp with Service pack 3. It has 1.75 GB of RAM. I don't know what this means but it says

Intel®
Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz

Someone please help me :'(
I bought a GeforceForce graphics card because a website recommended it to me. I inserted it into my computer and installed the driver. But now whenever i try to run high graphic games, it will freeze, then work again, then freeze, then work again. It never did this before I got the card, it was just slow. Eventually it will freeze, the sound will stop and will make the sound it was when it froze. ( like if someone was saying the it would sound like "TH-TH-TH-TH-TH-TH"" I have to restart my computer. I originally thought it was a problem with overheating. I put a fan next to my computer with the side off. I ran my program and nothing changed. I felt the graphics card after shutting off and disconnecting the power cord and it wasn't hot. Does anyone know why? My computer is a Dell Dimension E520. It is windows Xp with Service pack 3. It has 1.75 GB of RAM. I don't know what this means but it says

Intel®

Posted 03/07/2010 10:07 PM   
[quote name='Nason' post='1014977' date='Mar 7 2010, 10:07 PM']I bought a GeforceForce graphics card because a website recommended it to me. I inserted it into my computer and installed the driver. But now whenever i try to run high graphic games, it will freeze, then work again, then freeze, then work again. It never did this before I got the card, it was just slow. Eventually it will freeze, the sound will stop and will make the sound it was when it froze. ( like if someone was saying the it would sound like "TH-TH-TH-TH-TH-TH"" I have to restart my computer. I originally thought it was a problem with overheating. I put a fan next to my computer with the side off. I ran my program and nothing changed. I felt the graphics card after shutting off and disconnecting the power cord and it wasn't hot. Does anyone know why? My computer is a Dell Dimension E520. It is windows Xp with Service pack 3. It has 1.75 GB of RAM. I don't know what this means but it says

Intel®

Someone please help me :'([/quote]

It's been 4 months and I still haven't recieved any help of any kind... these forums r completely useless!
[quote name='Nason' post='1014977' date='Mar 7 2010, 10:07 PM']I bought a GeforceForce graphics card because a website recommended it to me. I inserted it into my computer and installed the driver. But now whenever i try to run high graphic games, it will freeze, then work again, then freeze, then work again. It never did this before I got the card, it was just slow. Eventually it will freeze, the sound will stop and will make the sound it was when it froze. ( like if someone was saying the it would sound like "TH-TH-TH-TH-TH-TH"" I have to restart my computer. I originally thought it was a problem with overheating. I put a fan next to my computer with the side off. I ran my program and nothing changed. I felt the graphics card after shutting off and disconnecting the power cord and it wasn't hot. Does anyone know why? My computer is a Dell Dimension E520. It is windows Xp with Service pack 3. It has 1.75 GB of RAM. I don't know what this means but it says

Intel®

It's been 4 months and I still haven't recieved any help of any kind... these forums r completely useless!

Posted 07/25/2010 11:56 PM   
Since you provided next to nothing about your system specs, it's fairly impossible to help you troubleshoot. In addition, you're posting in a section that's in the process of being closed.

I suggest the following:

Make a new thread in the GeForce Hardware section that related to your card. [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=197"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=197[/url]
You absolutely need to tell use which GeForce card you're putting in your system. There are several thousand different GeForce products. If you don't know which card you have, post in the GeForce Basics section for help identifying your GPU.
List your system specs.Telling us that you have a Dell is a start, but that means we're required to look up that specific model to try and figure out what you have. That means its more effort to help you, and less likely you will receive assistance.
Follow-up on your thread. After a few days your thread is likely not going to be on the front page. You may bump your thread once per 24 hours.

[b]Most importantly[/b], keep in mind that these are User-to-User forums. They are not an official support channel. Unless a member of NVIDIA Customer Care contacts you, you are dealing with fellow NVIDIA users. Posters here, including I, are not employees of NVIDIA.

Amorphous

[quote name='Nason' post='1093500' date='Jul 25 2010, 04:56 PM']It's been 4 months and I still haven't recieved any help of any kind... these forums r completely useless![/quote]
Since you provided next to nothing about your system specs, it's fairly impossible to help you troubleshoot. In addition, you're posting in a section that's in the process of being closed.

I suggest the following:

Make a new thread in the GeForce Hardware section that related to your card. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=197

You absolutely need to tell use which GeForce card you're putting in your system. There are several thousand different GeForce products. If you don't know which card you have, post in the GeForce Basics section for help identifying your GPU.

List your system specs.Telling us that you have a Dell is a start, but that means we're required to look up that specific model to try and figure out what you have. That means its more effort to help you, and less likely you will receive assistance.

Follow-up on your thread. After a few days your thread is likely not going to be on the front page. You may bump your thread once per 24 hours.

Most importantly, keep in mind that these are User-to-User forums. They are not an official support channel. Unless a member of NVIDIA Customer Care contacts you, you are dealing with fellow NVIDIA users. Posters here, including I, are not employees of NVIDIA.

Amorphous

[quote name='Nason' post='1093500' date='Jul 25 2010, 04:56 PM']It's been 4 months and I still haven't recieved any help of any kind... these forums r completely useless!

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 08/24/2010 06:53 AM   

I suggest the following:

Make a new thread in the GeForce Hardware section that related to your card. [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=197"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=197[/url]

[b]Most importantly[/b], keep in mind that these are User-to-User forums. They are not an official support channel. Unless a member of NVIDIA Customer Care contacts you, you are dealing with fellow NVIDIA users. Posters here, including I, are not employees of NVIDIA.

Amorphous

[quote name='Nason' post='1093500' date='Jul 25 2010, 04:56 PM']It's been 4 months and I still haven't recieved any help of any kind... these forums r completely useless![/quote]

I suggest the following:

Make a new thread in the GeForce Hardware section that related to your card. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=197

Most importantly, keep in mind that these are User-to-User forums. They are not an official support channel. Unless a member of NVIDIA Customer Care contacts you, you are dealing with fellow NVIDIA users. Posters here, including I, are not employees of NVIDIA.

Amorphous

[quote name='Nason' post='1093500' date='Jul 25 2010, 04:56 PM']It's been 4 months and I still haven't recieved any help of any kind... these forums r completely useless!

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 08/24/2010 06:53 AM   
Scroll To Top