NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Hi all,

I am have a pretty annoying issue and I think its down to the NVIDIA graphics card

Im using Windows 7 and a fairly new and capable PC. the problem is my cpu usage ramps up to over 50% when viewing some things such as Youtube videos and other animated things online such as ads and some gifs

It isnt so bad immediately but it gets worse the longer I am on those pages to the point I have to shutdown and reboot to calm the fan

I have the latest versions of flash, java and have tried the NVIDIA drivers from Windows update and the NVIDIA site

In the past I have also used Windows Vista and Ubuntu Koala and had the same issues

Any ideas for a solution or a way to get a better look at the problem are welcome

Everything in device manager is showing as installed. Formatting has also not worked for this problem

Thanks
Hi all,

I am have a pretty annoying issue and I think its down to the NVIDIA graphics card

Im using Windows 7 and a fairly new and capable PC. the problem is my cpu usage ramps up to over 50% when viewing some things such as Youtube videos and other animated things online such as ads and some gifs

It isnt so bad immediately but it gets worse the longer I am on those pages to the point I have to shutdown and reboot to calm the fan

I have the latest versions of flash, java and have tried the NVIDIA drivers from Windows update and the NVIDIA site

In the past I have also used Windows Vista and Ubuntu Koala and had the same issues

Any ideas for a solution or a way to get a better look at the problem are welcome

Everything in device manager is showing as installed. Formatting has also not worked for this problem

Thanks

Posted 03/06/2010 05:57 AM   
Flash (used in youtube and all crappy animations on the interwebs) is a huge CPU hog. Especially for HD content. Maybe you just need your fan cleaned.
Flash (used in youtube and all crappy animations on the interwebs) is a huge CPU hog. Especially for HD content. Maybe you just need your fan cleaned.

I've fried enough GPUs to know what i'm talking about, okay?

Posted 03/06/2010 12:59 PM   
[quote name='eatcake' post='1013833' date='Mar 5 2010, 09:57 PM']Hi all,

Thanks[/quote]

A better video card would do wonders for your machine.
[quote name='eatcake' post='1013833' date='Mar 5 2010, 09:57 PM']Hi all,

Thanks

A better video card would do wonders for your machine.

Posted 03/06/2010 02:28 PM   
I have a feeling that he's running a laptop so he can't add a dedicated graphics card. Anyway this is Adobe's fault not nVidia's.
I have a feeling that he's running a laptop so he can't add a dedicated graphics card. Anyway this is Adobe's fault not nVidia's.

Posted 03/07/2010 10:36 AM   
nforce 430 + 6150SE is not a laptop chipset.

Eatcake, the cpu usages going over 50% or to 100% is not a problem. It is perfectly normal for the situation you have described.

However under load a cpu will get hot and in your instance it seems like your cpu fan is thermal controlled. As the temp increases it spins faster and gets louder.

If you want to silence the fan, you will need to invest in a better heatsink/fan cooler for your processor. I can only assume at this moment in time you are using the stock amd cooler or equivalent, which has a small thin 7cm fan that has to spin at high rpm 5000/7000rpm to cool your processor when its under load.

Hence why its noisey.

The 6150SE is an integrated gfx solution, not a graphics card.

And in any event (whether you have a gfx card or using the integrated 6150SE) , I believe the noisey fan you are hearing is related to your cpu and not gpu.
nforce 430 + 6150SE is not a laptop chipset.

Eatcake, the cpu usages going over 50% or to 100% is not a problem. It is perfectly normal for the situation you have described.

However under load a cpu will get hot and in your instance it seems like your cpu fan is thermal controlled. As the temp increases it spins faster and gets louder.

If you want to silence the fan, you will need to invest in a better heatsink/fan cooler for your processor. I can only assume at this moment in time you are using the stock amd cooler or equivalent, which has a small thin 7cm fan that has to spin at high rpm 5000/7000rpm to cool your processor when its under load.

Hence why its noisey.

The 6150SE is an integrated gfx solution, not a graphics card.

And in any event (whether you have a gfx card or using the integrated 6150SE) , I believe the noisey fan you are hearing is related to your cpu and not gpu.

Posted 03/07/2010 11:42 AM   
[quote name='DukeNukem' post='1014653' date='Mar 7 2010, 01:42 PM']nforce 430 + 6150SE is not a laptop chipset.[/quote]

Are you sure? [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobogpu_nb.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobogpu_nb.html[/url] Anyway yes he said PC, so we can assume it's a desktop. I missed it when i posted that.

Anyway, the 6150 is not "new" by any means. And being an OEM computer there's a huge chance that it has a ridiculously tiny thingy for a heatsink, which means you're going to have to change the whole cooler (heatsink + fan). You'll have to open up your case and see what third party cooler will fit in it.
[quote name='DukeNukem' post='1014653' date='Mar 7 2010, 01:42 PM']nforce 430 + 6150SE is not a laptop chipset.

Are you sure? http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobogpu_nb.html Anyway yes he said PC, so we can assume it's a desktop. I missed it when i posted that.

Anyway, the 6150 is not "new" by any means. And being an OEM computer there's a huge chance that it has a ridiculously tiny thingy for a heatsink, which means you're going to have to change the whole cooler (heatsink + fan). You'll have to open up your case and see what third party cooler will fit in it.

Posted 03/07/2010 02:01 PM   
Yes I am very sure. I built a few PC's using this chipset.

Th3 uN1Qu3, look carefully at the link you posted.

[b]Go[/b] 6150 and NVIDIA nForce [b]Go[/b] 430

The op stated nforce 430 + 6150[b]SE[/b] which is a desktop chipset.

[url="http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/gpu_mobo_tech_specs.html"]http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/gpu_mobo_tech_specs.html[/url]
Yes I am very sure. I built a few PC's using this chipset.

Th3 uN1Qu3, look carefully at the link you posted.

Go 6150 and NVIDIA nForce Go 430

The op stated nforce 430 + 6150SE which is a desktop chipset.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/gpu_mobo_tech_specs.html

Posted 03/07/2010 03:26 PM   
Scroll To Top