Major with new drivers with my- 9800gt not oc
  1 / 4    
Hello people,
I installed the new drivers for around 10-15 minutes it seemed everything was okay, but then I got a sudden bluescreen again and again each time I booted GPU seemed to last about 2 mins before crashing. So i went to have a look in the case and noticed that it was extremely hot you couldnt even hold your finger on it was so hot, I have since reverted back to the old drivers after managing to get on after letting cool for about 2 hours. Everything with the old drivers is fine idle 69c and load 80c thats all okay absolutely fine. So I was wondering what in the new drivers could cause this?

Thanks.

*Major problem - In my haste missed out a word on the title, sorry.
Hello people,

I installed the new drivers for around 10-15 minutes it seemed everything was okay, but then I got a sudden bluescreen again and again each time I booted GPU seemed to last about 2 mins before crashing. So i went to have a look in the case and noticed that it was extremely hot you couldnt even hold your finger on it was so hot, I have since reverted back to the old drivers after managing to get on after letting cool for about 2 hours. Everything with the old drivers is fine idle 69c and load 80c thats all okay absolutely fine. So I was wondering what in the new drivers could cause this?

Thanks.

*Major problem - In my haste missed out a word on the title, sorry.

Posted 03/03/2010 06:47 PM   
I had the same issue, could start my PC with my 9800GT. Im atm with my onboard grafic card, and going to back to a old driver version and try again. If my PC dont start with my 9800GT and old driver version, nvidia will pay the repair.. (!) :angry:
I had the same issue, could start my PC with my 9800GT. Im atm with my onboard grafic card, and going to back to a old driver version and try again. If my PC dont start with my 9800GT and old driver version, nvidia will pay the repair.. (!) :angry:

Posted 03/03/2010 08:46 PM   
You are not alone on this. My card is also a 9800 GT and I'm having exactly the same issue, except the blue screen part. Last night I decided to move to Windows 7 and downloaded the newest driverse, released yesterday (or at least I read, but I'm sure it's March 2010). I started playing Second Life and then I had numerous driver crashes. I went to check the GPU temperature and then my jaw dropped when I read 150ºC!!!

It's currently at 91ºC as I post this.

This never happened to me when I was using Windows XP yesterday. I'll switch back to an older driver to see if that solves the issue.
You are not alone on this. My card is also a 9800 GT and I'm having exactly the same issue, except the blue screen part. Last night I decided to move to Windows 7 and downloaded the newest driverse, released yesterday (or at least I read, but I'm sure it's March 2010). I started playing Second Life and then I had numerous driver crashes. I went to check the GPU temperature and then my jaw dropped when I read 150ºC!!!

It's currently at 91ºC as I post this.

This never happened to me when I was using Windows XP yesterday. I'll switch back to an older driver to see if that solves the issue.

Posted 03/03/2010 08:51 PM   
Hmm, looks as though there maybe a problem with 9800GT and the new drivers, I have had my PC on for few hours now with the old drivers without hiccup I don't dare try the new drivers again. /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />
Hmm, looks as though there maybe a problem with 9800GT and the new drivers, I have had my PC on for few hours now with the old drivers without hiccup I don't dare try the new drivers again. /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Posted 03/03/2010 09:06 PM   
Running an older version as well. Temperature is now 60~70ºC idle and 70~80ºC at full load.
Running an older version as well. Temperature is now 60~70ºC idle and 70~80ºC at full load.

Posted 03/03/2010 09:38 PM   
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011738' date='Mar 3 2010, 08:46 PM']I had the same issue, could start my PC with my 9800GT. Im atm with my onboard grafic card, and going to back to a old driver version and try again. If my PC dont start with my 9800GT and old driver version, nvidia will pay the repair.. (!) :angry:[/quote]

As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011738' date='Mar 3 2010, 08:46 PM']I had the same issue, could start my PC with my 9800GT. Im atm with my onboard grafic card, and going to back to a old driver version and try again. If my PC dont start with my 9800GT and old driver version, nvidia will pay the repair.. (!) :angry:

As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

Posted 03/03/2010 11:01 PM   
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011822' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:01 AM']As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />[/quote]

i'm really piss off today ! just after installing 196.75 64-bit drivers... my XFX 9800GT burst up ! i have open an application then usage went up, temp went up but suprisingly fan speed static at 40% causing my gc tu burst and my pc went dead meat ! what should i say about this ??? thorwing another buck for new gc just because software failure ??? this thing never happen in my life..

idle for this stupid XFX 9800gt is at 68-70 with 40% fan speed . i hope there's nobody having the same problem as mine !!!

piss off nvidia fan ..

Asus P5b Premium - XFX 9800GT R.I.P windows 7 64-bit ..
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011822' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:01 AM']As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

i'm really piss off today ! just after installing 196.75 64-bit drivers... my XFX 9800GT burst up ! i have open an application then usage went up, temp went up but suprisingly fan speed static at 40% causing my gc tu burst and my pc went dead meat ! what should i say about this ??? thorwing another buck for new gc just because software failure ??? this thing never happen in my life..

idle for this stupid XFX 9800gt is at 68-70 with 40% fan speed . i hope there's nobody having the same problem as mine !!!

piss off nvidia fan ..

Asus P5b Premium - XFX 9800GT R.I.P windows 7 64-bit ..

Posted 03/03/2010 11:29 PM   
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011822' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:01 AM']As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />[/quote]

looks like i have bunch of new friend .... great..
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011822' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:01 AM']As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

looks like i have bunch of new friend .... great..

Posted 03/03/2010 11:34 PM   
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011822' date='Mar 3 2010, 06:01 PM']As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />[/quote]

Automatic Fan Speed is broken in 196.75!. Make sure you force your fanspeed to 100%
[quote name='OldSnake' post='1011822' date='Mar 3 2010, 06:01 PM']As i predict, nvidia broke my graphic card, very very thanks -.- And what now? Must i give my adress to nvidia send me a new one? /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

Automatic Fan Speed is broken in 196.75!. Make sure you force your fanspeed to 100%

Posted 03/03/2010 11:43 PM   
[quote name='Aika' post='1011849' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:43 AM']Automatic Fan Speed is broken in 196.75!. Make sure you force your fanspeed to 100%[/quote]

too late... my 9800Gt going to funeral today ...
[quote name='Aika' post='1011849' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:43 AM']Automatic Fan Speed is broken in 196.75!. Make sure you force your fanspeed to 100%

too late... my 9800Gt going to funeral today ...

Posted 03/03/2010 11:45 PM   
[quote name='Aika' post='1011849' date='Mar 3 2010, 11:43 PM']Automatic Fan Speed is broken in 196.75!. Make sure you force your fanspeed to 100%[/quote]

My graphic card is dead! Thx to nvidia! /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

I WANT A NEW ONE NOW !! /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />
[quote name='Aika' post='1011849' date='Mar 3 2010, 11:43 PM']Automatic Fan Speed is broken in 196.75!. Make sure you force your fanspeed to 100%

My graphic card is dead! Thx to nvidia! /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

I WANT A NEW ONE NOW !! /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

Posted 03/04/2010 12:45 AM   
im desperate to get my pc on again.. all my work are inside. anyone have solution for this ? just want to remove this deadly drivers.. my GC cannot survive even when want to load pc into safe mode... smeel like crap then turn off itself.. too hot to handle .. stupid drivers !!! /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />
im desperate to get my pc on again.. all my work are inside. anyone have solution for this ? just want to remove this deadly drivers.. my GC cannot survive even when want to load pc into safe mode... smeel like crap then turn off itself.. too hot to handle .. stupid drivers !!! /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

Posted 03/04/2010 01:13 AM   
I've notified the mods to the issues you guys are experiencing and they are going to get in touch with the driver team to research it. For now I can suggest downloading EVGA Precision or using another GPU tuning utility to modify your fan speeds. If you are being affected, the logical thing to do is move back down one driver set. The 196.21's are just fine.

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Also, it is highly unlikely that these drivers killed your card. The cards have safety measures built in that will down clock the card if it runs over a certain temp. That funny smell might just be your Power Supply. If you registered your card and you are sure that it's dead I would contact the board partner that made it and see if it's still under warranty for RMA.

*note* This is why you should ALWAYS register your cards.
I've notified the mods to the issues you guys are experiencing and they are going to get in touch with the driver team to research it. For now I can suggest downloading EVGA Precision or using another GPU tuning utility to modify your fan speeds. If you are being affected, the logical thing to do is move back down one driver set. The 196.21's are just fine.

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Also, it is highly unlikely that these drivers killed your card. The cards have safety measures built in that will down clock the card if it runs over a certain temp. That funny smell might just be your Power Supply. If you registered your card and you are sure that it's dead I would contact the board partner that made it and see if it's still under warranty for RMA.

*note* This is why you should ALWAYS register your cards.

Posted 03/04/2010 02:35 AM   
seems that most of the problem occur with 9800GT with win 7 64 bit rite ?
seems that most of the problem occur with 9800GT with win 7 64 bit rite ?

Posted 03/04/2010 04:48 AM   
[quote name='meesup' post='1012012' date='Mar 4 2010, 12:48 PM']seems that most of the problem occur with 9800GT with win 7 64 bit rite ?[/quote]

manage to remove the driver using ubuntu .. and somehow manage to resurrect the GC .. :rolleyes:
but the crappy smell are definetly come from GC not PSU ...
[quote name='meesup' post='1012012' date='Mar 4 2010, 12:48 PM']seems that most of the problem occur with 9800GT with win 7 64 bit rite ?

manage to remove the driver using ubuntu .. and somehow manage to resurrect the GC .. :rolleyes:

but the crappy smell are definetly come from GC not PSU ...

Posted 03/04/2010 05:25 AM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top