Nvidia Geforce 240 gt not in device manager.
I tried installing my new video card, the Nvidia Geforce 240 gt, and when I try to install the drivers it says it cannot find supported drivers for my device. The problem is I don't even have it listed under device manager. I am using Windows 7, but was having the same problem with XP. I have disabled my on board video card, reformatted, downloaded the drivers from the website, re-seated my video card, sent it back and got a new one, updated my bios, cursed, begged, contacted tech support, etc. And yes, my monitor is plugged into the video card. I have MSI k8ngm2 motherboard, that I know worked with pci-E because it was my husbands, it worked great.
I can use it to use to use the internet, and older games, like Roller coaster tycoon 2, but I can't use any more advanced then that. If you need more information let me know. Thanks

P.S Once it actually let me go through the installing process, but then it was like the drivers disappeared, because it still did not work. I have reformatted since then. It was working at first, then a cd exploded in my cd rom drive, then my power supply died, and since then the video card has not been seen. Not sure what that would have to do with it, but thought I should mention it. /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />
I tried installing my new video card, the Nvidia Geforce 240 gt, and when I try to install the drivers it says it cannot find supported drivers for my device. The problem is I don't even have it listed under device manager. I am using Windows 7, but was having the same problem with XP. I have disabled my on board video card, reformatted, downloaded the drivers from the website, re-seated my video card, sent it back and got a new one, updated my bios, cursed, begged, contacted tech support, etc. And yes, my monitor is plugged into the video card. I have MSI k8ngm2 motherboard, that I know worked with pci-E because it was my husbands, it worked great.

I can use it to use to use the internet, and older games, like Roller coaster tycoon 2, but I can't use any more advanced then that. If you need more information let me know. Thanks

P.S Once it actually let me go through the installing process, but then it was like the drivers disappeared, because it still did not work. I have reformatted since then. It was working at first, then a cd exploded in my cd rom drive, then my power supply died, and since then the video card has not been seen. Not sure what that would have to do with it, but thought I should mention it. /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Posted 03/03/2010 09:17 AM   
Scroll To Top