1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recove
I have been receiving the following message on and off for a few weeks. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I recently purchased a brand new pc with the 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 graphics card. I have updated my driver for windows 7 to the latest version(196.21) Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks. PC Specs Below.

PC Spec:

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-180t PC
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel® Core(tm) i7-950 quad-core processor [3.00GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache]
• 12GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [6 DIMMs]
• 2TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s - two 1TB hard drives
• 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]
• Blu-ray player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
• Premium Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth®
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio, video (for TV Tuner)
• TV tuner, ATSC-NTSC with PVR, remote
• Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
• HP stereo speakers with subwoofer and remote 50W
• HP multimedia keyboard and HP optical mouse
• Microsoft® Works 9.0
• FREE UPGRADE! Norton Internet Security(tm) 2010 - 3 year from 2 year
I have been receiving the following message on and off for a few weeks. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I recently purchased a brand new pc with the 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 graphics card. I have updated my driver for windows 7 to the latest version(196.21) Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks. PC Specs Below.

PC Spec:

• Intel® Core(tm) i7-950 quad-core processor [3.00GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache]

• Microsoft® Works 9.0

Posted 03/01/2010 04:05 AM   
I have the same problem. Same card, PC is a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-150t with Core i5. Faulted about 4 times, but every time it seemd to happen after a reboot and when I tried to resize a dialogue box. It would freeze up and then the screen would go black. When it came back, it had the same message you indicated. Anybody else out there know what's causing this?

Tx. volvonut

[quote name='rvogel86' post='1009874' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:05 PM']I have been receiving the following message on and off for a few weeks. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I recently purchased a brand new pc with the 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 graphics card. I have updated my driver for windows 7 to the latest version(196.21) Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks. PC Specs Below.

PC Spec:

• Microsoft® Works 9.0
• FREE UPGRADE! Norton Internet Security(tm) 2010 - 3 year from 2 year[/quote]
I have the same problem. Same card, PC is a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-150t with Core i5. Faulted about 4 times, but every time it seemd to happen after a reboot and when I tried to resize a dialogue box. It would freeze up and then the screen would go black. When it came back, it had the same message you indicated. Anybody else out there know what's causing this?

Tx. volvonut

[quote name='rvogel86' post='1009874' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:05 PM']I have been receiving the following message on and off for a few weeks. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I recently purchased a brand new pc with the 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 graphics card. I have updated my driver for windows 7 to the latest version(196.21) Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks. PC Specs Below.

PC Spec:

• Microsoft® Works 9.0

Posted 03/08/2010 10:13 PM   
I also have a new HP 180T getting the same error message. It has happened to me about 6 times over the past 3 days. I have the 1 Gb GT220.
I also have a new HP 180T getting the same error message. It has happened to me about 6 times over the past 3 days. I have the 1 Gb GT220.

Posted 03/11/2010 03:59 AM   
haha yea a lot of people have been having this problem including me. I run a Ge-force 9800M GTS with 1gb of video memory. This crap gets old and it gets old quick esp if you take on-line gaming serious and the black screen and time to recover screws something up you were doing. From what I have seen and heard its a driver compatibility problem with vista and windows 7. I have recently switched to dual boot with ubuntu 9.1 linux and whenever I am on linux I don't ever have that problem. Its only occuring when I am in windows. I guess were all just crap out of luck.
haha yea a lot of people have been having this problem including me. I run a Ge-force 9800M GTS with 1gb of video memory. This crap gets old and it gets old quick esp if you take on-line gaming serious and the black screen and time to recover screws something up you were doing. From what I have seen and heard its a driver compatibility problem with vista and windows 7. I have recently switched to dual boot with ubuntu 9.1 linux and whenever I am on linux I don't ever have that problem. Its only occuring when I am in windows. I guess were all just crap out of luck.

Posted 03/11/2010 07:37 PM   
i have same problem, it only happens when im playing battlefield bad company 2, and i hit the caps lock key by mistake. it pops up the box saying wheater you have caps lock , scroll lock on.
80% of time it would crash and game would go all white. but since the new drivers a month or so ago it is fine
i have same problem, it only happens when im playing battlefield bad company 2, and i hit the caps lock key by mistake. it pops up the box saying wheater you have caps lock , scroll lock on.

80% of time it would crash and game would go all white. but since the new drivers a month or so ago it is fine

Posted 06/25/2010 12:11 PM   
I had a fiew geforce cards and 2 went bad because of this problem message: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error..

I'm finding out each time this is resetting its causing the card problems and i'm beginning to think they Deliberately doing this to us so there video cards won't last to keep making us bye more of there cards and its pissing me off because this problem has been doing this ever sinse 2002 for many people.

In your Control Panel\Administrative Tools under (EVENT VIEWER) you can find this out.

First card kept freezing in game and causing Image blocks all over screen to a point where i could no long see anything or even go into Motherboard Bios at all. screen went all white at that point.

sec card kept resseting with this same error causing game to freeze and bring up Blue screens of death and bringing up memory Dump crashes error, after last nvlddmkm recover error caused card to longer work, Windows 7 froze with blotches of differen't color blocks all over my display screen.

I wish i new how to design my own drivers.
I had a fiew geforce cards and 2 went bad because of this problem message: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error..

I'm finding out each time this is resetting its causing the card problems and i'm beginning to think they Deliberately doing this to us so there video cards won't last to keep making us bye more of there cards and its pissing me off because this problem has been doing this ever sinse 2002 for many people.

In your Control Panel\Administrative Tools under (EVENT VIEWER) you can find this out.

First card kept freezing in game and causing Image blocks all over screen to a point where i could no long see anything or even go into Motherboard Bios at all. screen went all white at that point.

sec card kept resseting with this same error causing game to freeze and bring up Blue screens of death and bringing up memory Dump crashes error, after last nvlddmkm recover error caused card to longer work, Windows 7 froze with blotches of differen't color blocks all over my display screen.

I wish i new how to design my own drivers.

Posted 07/15/2010 05:43 PM   
if your card is crashing during games...I would advise you to monitor GPU temps under load

card crashes can be caused by overheating oi inadequate PSU...and artifacts are usually a symptom of a damaged card or about to be damaged card due to overheating or age

the "driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error.. " is a TDR

I would advise you to read the TDR thread in the ION & GEFORCE Drivers section
TDR are susually cause by a system instability or Hardware issuse (not solely a vid card issue) and Driver conflicts (not just Nvidia drivers)

if you are constantly getting TDR's with different NVidia cards on your system...I would suggest looking at your system for a problem rather than the card or Graphic driver first
if your card is crashing during games...I would advise you to monitor GPU temps under load

card crashes can be caused by overheating oi inadequate PSU...and artifacts are usually a symptom of a damaged card or about to be damaged card due to overheating or age

the "driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error.. " is a TDR

I would advise you to read the TDR thread in the ION & GEFORCE Drivers section

TDR are susually cause by a system instability or Hardware issuse (not solely a vid card issue) and Driver conflicts (not just Nvidia drivers)

if you are constantly getting TDR's with different NVidia cards on your system...I would suggest looking at your system for a problem rather than the card or Graphic driver first

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 07/15/2010 06:26 PM   
Please create your own thread in the GeForce 200 & 300 Series section of the forums to troubleshoot your TDRs.

Amorphous
Please create your own thread in the GeForce 200 & 300 Series section of the forums to troubleshoot your TDRs.

Amorphous

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 07/17/2010 08:39 AM   
Scroll To Top