Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS Overclocked Edition DOES NOT WORK constant total crash (goes to black screen,
Whenever im playing games like Stalker SOC, Stalker CS, Stalker COP, Garry's Mod, Age of Empires 3, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, the Sims 3 and Counter Strike Source (this one only crashes when anti-aliasing is turned on, if AA is off it crashes from infinite loops, which i think is unrelated) the screen will randomly go black, the sound cuts out, and the computer becomes unresponsive. I have to reboot my computer to fix it, and it happens so often sometimes i dont even get past the menu screen. the only games that i have that work are GTA 4 and Dawn of War: Winter Assault. The weird thing is that all 3 of the stalker games and Garrys Mod never used to have problem. Css has always crashed when Anti-Aliasing is on. Left 4 dead, AOE 3 and dead space have always crashed to a black screen no matter what graphical settings i play on. I dont think its my driver because i have tried installing the newest one, I have also rolled back to previous drivers, and i have also uninstaled the card then reinstalled it with its factory driver, and then when that didnt work i upgraded to the latest one and it still didnt fix the problem.
Whenever im playing games like Stalker SOC, Stalker CS, Stalker COP, Garry's Mod, Age of Empires 3, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, the Sims 3 and Counter Strike Source (this one only crashes when anti-aliasing is turned on, if AA is off it crashes from infinite loops, which i think is unrelated) the screen will randomly go black, the sound cuts out, and the computer becomes unresponsive. I have to reboot my computer to fix it, and it happens so often sometimes i dont even get past the menu screen. the only games that i have that work are GTA 4 and Dawn of War: Winter Assault. The weird thing is that all 3 of the stalker games and Garrys Mod never used to have problem. Css has always crashed when Anti-Aliasing is on. Left 4 dead, AOE 3 and dead space have always crashed to a black screen no matter what graphical settings i play on. I dont think its my driver because i have tried installing the newest one, I have also rolled back to previous drivers, and i have also uninstaled the card then reinstalled it with its factory driver, and then when that didnt work i upgraded to the latest one and it still didnt fix the problem.

Posted 02/28/2010 10:51 PM   
[quote name='Rmair' post='1009724' date='Feb 28 2010, 07:51 PM']Whenever im playing games like Stalker SOC, Stalker CS, Stalker COP, Garry's Mod, Age of Empires 3, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, the Sims 3 and Counter Strike Source (this one only crashes when anti-aliasing is turned on, if AA is off it crashes from infinite loops, which i think is unrelated) the screen will randomly go black, the sound cuts out, and the computer becomes unresponsive. I have to reboot my computer to fix it, and it happens so often sometimes i dont even get past the menu screen. the only games that i have that work are GTA 4 and Dawn of War: Winter Assault. The weird thing is that all 3 of the stalker games and Garrys Mod never used to have problem. Css has always crashed when Anti-Aliasing is on. Left 4 dead, AOE 3 and dead space have always crashed to a black screen no matter what graphical settings i play on. I dont think its my driver because i have tried installing the newest one, I have also rolled back to previous drivers, and i have also uninstaled the card then reinstalled it with its factory driver, and then when that didnt work i upgraded to the latest one and it still didnt fix the problem.[/quote]
Try using these: [url="http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html"]http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html[/url]
[quote name='Rmair' post='1009724' date='Feb 28 2010, 07:51 PM']Whenever im playing games like Stalker SOC, Stalker CS, Stalker COP, Garry's Mod, Age of Empires 3, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, the Sims 3 and Counter Strike Source (this one only crashes when anti-aliasing is turned on, if AA is off it crashes from infinite loops, which i think is unrelated) the screen will randomly go black, the sound cuts out, and the computer becomes unresponsive. I have to reboot my computer to fix it, and it happens so often sometimes i dont even get past the menu screen. the only games that i have that work are GTA 4 and Dawn of War: Winter Assault. The weird thing is that all 3 of the stalker games and Garrys Mod never used to have problem. Css has always crashed when Anti-Aliasing is on. Left 4 dead, AOE 3 and dead space have always crashed to a black screen no matter what graphical settings i play on. I dont think its my driver because i have tried installing the newest one, I have also rolled back to previous drivers, and i have also uninstaled the card then reinstalled it with its factory driver, and then when that didnt work i upgraded to the latest one and it still didnt fix the problem.

Try using these: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html

Posted 03/01/2010 03:46 AM   
Your graphics card may be starting to go bad. You may want to try downclocking the GPU and memory speeds by about 20% and see if this reduces the locking up. Since you didn't have problems before, I somewhat believe this may be a hardware problem and not software. Use Rivatuner to adjust the clock speeds of your graphics card.
Your graphics card may be starting to go bad. You may want to try downclocking the GPU and memory speeds by about 20% and see if this reduces the locking up. Since you didn't have problems before, I somewhat believe this may be a hardware problem and not software. Use Rivatuner to adjust the clock speeds of your graphics card.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 03/01/2010 06:12 AM   
Scroll To Top