N210 Drivers Conflict with Realtek Audio Drivers
I installed an GeForce N210 card with the downloaded nVidia Windows 7 64-bit drivers from nVidia's website. It creates drivers in the Sound Device section of the Device Manager called "nVidia High Definition Audio", which prevents the Realtek Audio Drivers from loading for HP's onboard audio. I know this to be the case since I swapped in an ATI card, and the Realtek drivers loaded fine. After putting the N210 card back in, I tried to force the drivers to install, and they absolutely would not, presumably because there is a conflict with the nVidia drivers. The only sound portion of this card I can see is the HDMI audio out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Michael
I installed an GeForce N210 card with the downloaded nVidia Windows 7 64-bit drivers from nVidia's website. It creates drivers in the Sound Device section of the Device Manager called "nVidia High Definition Audio", which prevents the Realtek Audio Drivers from loading for HP's onboard audio. I know this to be the case since I swapped in an ATI card, and the Realtek drivers loaded fine. After putting the N210 card back in, I tried to force the drivers to install, and they absolutely would not, presumably because there is a conflict with the nVidia drivers. The only sound portion of this card I can see is the HDMI audio out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Michael

Posted 02/24/2010 10:22 PM   
[quote name='Michael1' post='1007490' date='Feb 24 2010, 03:22 PM']I installed an GeForce N210 card with the downloaded nVidia Windows 7 64-bit drivers from nVidia's website. It creates drivers in the Sound Device section of the Device Manager called "nVidia High Definition Audio", which prevents the Realtek Audio Drivers from loading for HP's onboard audio. I know this to be the case since I swapped in an ATI card, and the Realtek drivers loaded fine. After putting the N210 card back in, I tried to force the drivers to install, and they absolutely would not, presumably because there is a conflict with the nVidia drivers. The only sound portion of this card I can see is the HDMI audio out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Michael[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one facing this issue now. Recently installed a GT220 into an HP media center computer and the Realtek audio was suspended by nVidia's HD Audio. In the Device Manager I already tried disabling and uninstalling the nVidia HD audio, however the Realtek audio still doesn't turn back on. Under Audio Devices in the Control Panel I have no a "no device detected" message.

Inside the System Information screen, the nVidia HD audio seems to be having a conflict on IRQ channel 16. Back in the device manager though there is no resources tab in the nVidia HD audio to change its IRQ settings. nVidia HD Audio is however listed in the device manager under sound video and game controllers four times.

That's where I'm stuck at right now, but I'm still trying new things as I think of them. If anything makes a difference I'll be sure and post that up.
[quote name='Michael1' post='1007490' date='Feb 24 2010, 03:22 PM']I installed an GeForce N210 card with the downloaded nVidia Windows 7 64-bit drivers from nVidia's website. It creates drivers in the Sound Device section of the Device Manager called "nVidia High Definition Audio", which prevents the Realtek Audio Drivers from loading for HP's onboard audio. I know this to be the case since I swapped in an ATI card, and the Realtek drivers loaded fine. After putting the N210 card back in, I tried to force the drivers to install, and they absolutely would not, presumably because there is a conflict with the nVidia drivers. The only sound portion of this card I can see is the HDMI audio out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Michael

Glad I'm not the only one facing this issue now. Recently installed a GT220 into an HP media center computer and the Realtek audio was suspended by nVidia's HD Audio. In the Device Manager I already tried disabling and uninstalling the nVidia HD audio, however the Realtek audio still doesn't turn back on. Under Audio Devices in the Control Panel I have no a "no device detected" message.

Inside the System Information screen, the nVidia HD audio seems to be having a conflict on IRQ channel 16. Back in the device manager though there is no resources tab in the nVidia HD audio to change its IRQ settings. nVidia HD Audio is however listed in the device manager under sound video and game controllers four times.

That's where I'm stuck at right now, but I'm still trying new things as I think of them. If anything makes a difference I'll be sure and post that up.

Posted 02/26/2010 01:04 AM   
Try the same thing Creative users do when the installation fails:

Make sure there are no other audio drivers installed prior to trying the RealTek. This usually entails the use of the Device Manager to uninstall, and then NOT REBOOTING afterward - otherwise, Win7 will just install the standard HD driver on start-up and you're right back where you began.

Also, a new RealTek driver came out just a couple days ago...
Try the same thing Creative users do when the installation fails:

Make sure there are no other audio drivers installed prior to trying the RealTek. This usually entails the use of the Device Manager to uninstall, and then NOT REBOOTING afterward - otherwise, Win7 will just install the standard HD driver on start-up and you're right back where you began.

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 02/26/2010 01:16 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1008188' date='Feb 25 2010, 06:16 PM']Try the same thing Creative users do when the installation fails:

Also, a new RealTek driver came out just a couple days ago...[/quote]

That should work under normal circumstances, but this is where this issue really gets weird. With the nVidia card installed the computer won't even detect the onboard Realtek audio. Completely take out the nVidia card and the Realtek works fine, but if it's plugged into the PCI-E slot then realtek doesn't appear anywhere in the device manager nor can you force windows to detect it after uninstalling the nVidia HD audio. It just acts like it's not even there. So my current theory is that this isn't as much of a driver issue as it is an interrupt to the processor. So the big problem is that the nVidia HD Audio driver doesn't allow configuration of the hardware resources.

I could be way off, but I'm still poking at it, we'll see what happens. Please keep throwing ideas out though, hopefully this can figured out soon.
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1008188' date='Feb 25 2010, 06:16 PM']Try the same thing Creative users do when the installation fails:

That should work under normal circumstances, but this is where this issue really gets weird. With the nVidia card installed the computer won't even detect the onboard Realtek audio. Completely take out the nVidia card and the Realtek works fine, but if it's plugged into the PCI-E slot then realtek doesn't appear anywhere in the device manager nor can you force windows to detect it after uninstalling the nVidia HD audio. It just acts like it's not even there. So my current theory is that this isn't as much of a driver issue as it is an interrupt to the processor. So the big problem is that the nVidia HD Audio driver doesn't allow configuration of the hardware resources.

I could be way off, but I'm still poking at it, we'll see what happens. Please keep throwing ideas out though, hopefully this can figured out soon.

Posted 02/26/2010 08:17 PM   
I can attest now that the nVidia HD audio works. We brought in an HDTV and I happened to have a DVI-D to HDMI cable lying around so we plugged it in and viola, we get audio on the TV. So this works alright if we're using an HDTV for a monitor but it still doesn't help if we want to connect external speakers.

Still not giving up though, I'll keep updating if anything new happens.
I can attest now that the nVidia HD audio works. We brought in an HDTV and I happened to have a DVI-D to HDMI cable lying around so we plugged it in and viola, we get audio on the TV. So this works alright if we're using an HDTV for a monitor but it still doesn't help if we want to connect external speakers.

Still not giving up though, I'll keep updating if anything new happens.

Posted 02/26/2010 09:18 PM   
Tried uninstalling ALL of the drivers and [i]starting[/i] with the RealTek for installation?

Also, just as with the same Creative problem (unrecognized hw), using the Device Manager to uninstall the nVidia/MS drivers also entails having it delete the software...
Tried uninstalling ALL of the drivers and starting with the RealTek for installation?

Also, just as with the same Creative problem (unrecognized hw), using the Device Manager to uninstall the nVidia/MS drivers also entails having it delete the software...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 02/27/2010 12:55 AM   
BTW -

Where does the Original Poster stand on this? Haven't heard anything since the initial posting...
BTW -

Where does the Original Poster stand on this? Haven't heard anything since the initial posting...

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 02/28/2010 06:05 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1009341' date='Feb 27 2010, 10:05 PM']BTW -

Where does the Original Poster stand on this? Haven't heard anything since the initial posting...[/quote]

I tried installing the Realtek drivers usings an ATI card, but as soon as I reinstalled the nVidia card, the Realtek drivers went away. In fact, as soon as I installed the ATI card, the Realtek drivers installed themselves without any problems. I put the ATI card back in so there would be sound, temporarly, although the video performance is awful with the ATI card.

I'm still looking for a solution, short of putting in a separate sound card.

Thanks!

Michael
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1009341' date='Feb 27 2010, 10:05 PM']BTW -

I tried installing the Realtek drivers usings an ATI card, but as soon as I reinstalled the nVidia card, the Realtek drivers went away. In fact, as soon as I installed the ATI card, the Realtek drivers installed themselves without any problems. I put the ATI card back in so there would be sound, temporarly, although the video performance is awful with the ATI card.

I'm still looking for a solution, short of putting in a separate sound card.

Thanks!

Michael

Posted 03/01/2010 07:58 PM   
I had the same problem today when I installed an ASUS EN210 card into my HP Compaq (dx7300) desktop computer, after removing the ATI card.

The onboard Realtek audio disappeared.

Uninstalling the nVidia Audio drivers didn't help.

The solution was to go to the BIOS and Enable the Onboard Audio

F10 on reboot, Advanced --> Device Options --> Integrated Audio --> Enable

The onboard audio had been set to Disabled, I guess by the installation of the new card.
I had the same problem today when I installed an ASUS EN210 card into my HP Compaq (dx7300) desktop computer, after removing the ATI card.

The onboard audio had been set to Disabled, I guess by the installation of the new card.

Posted 03/02/2010 10:52 AM   
William, that was what fixed mine for me, also. I went in on my HP Media Center desktop BIOS and changed it to enabled for the integrated audio and the conflict is gone. Thanks!
William, that was what fixed mine for me, also. I went in on my HP Media Center desktop BIOS and changed it to enabled for the integrated audio and the conflict is gone. Thanks!

Posted 03/21/2010 07:51 PM   
We have a knowledge base article which addresses this:

[url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2543"]http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....hp?p_faqid=2543[/url]

One of our OEM partners will be providing an updated BIOS for some of their PCs which have the setting by default set to Auto so that it is changed to Enabled to avoid the confusion.
We have a knowledge base article which addresses this:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....hp?p_faqid=2543

One of our OEM partners will be providing an updated BIOS for some of their PCs which have the setting by default set to Auto so that it is changed to Enabled to avoid the confusion.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 03/22/2010 05:53 AM   
[quote name='WilliamW' date='02 March 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1267527125' post='1010696']

[/quote]

Created an account especially so say thankyou so much, I'd installed a Radeon HD5570 and all realtek sound drivers disappeared. In sound under control panel, no audio hardware was listed.
Been trawling the internet for last 2 hours trying to fix problem, uninstalling, reinstalling stuff. Happened across your post and fixed in 2 mins, it auto-disables onboard audio when I installed the card. Got my sound back thanks to you, Good Job *thumbs up* :D
[quote name='WilliamW' date='02 March 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1267527125' post='1010696']

Created an account especially so say thankyou so much, I'd installed a Radeon HD5570 and all realtek sound drivers disappeared. In sound under control panel, no audio hardware was listed.

Been trawling the internet for last 2 hours trying to fix problem, uninstalling, reinstalling stuff. Happened across your post and fixed in 2 mins, it auto-disables onboard audio when I installed the card. Got my sound back thanks to you, Good Job *thumbs up* :D

Posted 07/02/2012 11:53 AM   
Just had to sign on and say Thanks to ALL of the above participants. We had/have an nVidia 7300 LE that was working fine, and still does... in Windows. -But- it started giving us troubles in Linux. Random screen Freezes and the only way out was Power Off. We looked for, and found, a newer board believing that the Linux Drivers for it would be better. We chose the GeForce 210. Installed it and spent a few hours trying to find out what happened to our sound. After much frustration we figured out it was the new video card and that it was because of the HDMI. What to do?? Searched the Web and after finally putting in the correct search words found this page. We have an HP m7480n Desktop. It almost matches the descriptions of your fixes. Just as an addition for anyone that might come after us: F2 on reboot, Advanced --> Onboard Audio --> Enable The Onboard Audio had been set to Auto. Just needed to be changed to Enable and all is well. Ah, um, at least it appears that way for now. Sound is working again in Windows. Video still needs to checked out in Linux ... sound too. Thanks for all the info.
Just had to sign on and say Thanks to ALL of the above participants. We had/have an nVidia 7300 LE that was working fine, and still does... in Windows. -But- it started giving us troubles in Linux. Random screen Freezes and the only way out was Power Off. We looked for, and found, a newer board believing that the Linux Drivers for it would be better. We chose the GeForce 210. Installed it and spent a few hours trying to find out what happened to our sound. After much frustration we figured out it was the new video card and that it was because of the HDMI. What to do??

Searched the Web and after finally putting in the correct search words found this page. We have an HP m7480n Desktop. It almost matches the descriptions of your fixes. Just as an addition for anyone that might come after us:

F2 on reboot, Advanced --> Onboard Audio --> Enable

The Onboard Audio had been set to Auto. Just needed to be changed to Enable and all is well. Ah, um, at least it appears that way for now. Sound is working again in Windows. Video still needs to checked out in Linux ... sound too.

Thanks for all the info.

Posted 04/13/2013 03:26 AM   
Scroll To Top