monitor flickering green
this is my first Sli pc, and every time I try to play a game in full screen my strats monitor flickering green all over the screen, but I can plzy games windowed just fine.

any ideas?
this is my first Sli pc, and every time I try to play a game in full screen my strats monitor flickering green all over the screen, but I can plzy games windowed just fine.

any ideas?

Posted 02/19/2010 10:53 AM   
wow 19 views and no one on this forum has ever had this problem?
wow 19 views and no one on this forum has ever had this problem?

Posted 02/19/2010 05:33 PM   
Your post really lacks information. start by listing in detail all of the hardware in your rig including any overclocks you may have, both CPU and GPU. Also be sure to list your 12 v amperages on your power supply.

Also are you up to date on your bios, mobo drivers ? And what OS and display driver are you using also state if your OS is 32 or 64 bit.
Your post really lacks information. start by listing in detail all of the hardware in your rig including any overclocks you may have, both CPU and GPU. Also be sure to list your 12 v amperages on your power supply.

Also are you up to date on your bios, mobo drivers ? And what OS and display driver are you using also state if your OS is 32 or 64 bit.

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 02/19/2010 05:41 PM   
Sorry is this better?

[b]CPU:[/b] AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
[b]PSU:[/b] [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159111"]My PSU at Newegg[/url]
[b]GPU:[/b] Gforce GTS 250 1GB in SLI
[b]Mobo[/b] MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI
[b]RAM[/b] 6GB DDR3 1600
[b]OS[/b] Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Sorry is this better?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz

PSU: My PSU at Newegg

GPU: Gforce GTS 250 1GB in SLI

Mobo MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI

RAM 6GB DDR3 1600

OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Posted 02/20/2010 04:51 AM   
[quote name='ROFLhacks' post='1004799' date='Feb 19 2010, 10:51 PM']Sorry is this better?

[b]CPU:[/b] AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
[b]PSU:[/b] [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159111"]My PSU at Newegg[/url]
[b]GPU:[/b] Gforce GTS 250 1GB in SLI
[b]Mobo[/b] MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI
[b]RAM[/b] 6GB DDR3 1600
[b]OS[/b] Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit[/quote]

I have just about the same system, same board, although my CPU is 965 Black and 2 GTX 260s MAXCORE OC.

I have similar problems. Tearing, Screen jerking, flashing going black. I cant figure out what it is. I am about to try the beta drivers and see if that helps.

Let you know what the results are.
[quote name='ROFLhacks' post='1004799' date='Feb 19 2010, 10:51 PM']Sorry is this better?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz

PSU: My PSU at Newegg

GPU: Gforce GTS 250 1GB in SLI

Mobo MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI

RAM 6GB DDR3 1600

OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I have just about the same system, same board, although my CPU is 965 Black and 2 GTX 260s MAXCORE OC.

I have similar problems. Tearing, Screen jerking, flashing going black. I cant figure out what it is. I am about to try the beta drivers and see if that helps.

Posted 03/12/2010 11:36 PM   
[quote name='Ripper951' post='1018364' date='Mar 12 2010, 07:36 PM']I have just about the same system, same board, although my CPU is 965 Black and 2 GTX 260s MAXCORE OC.

Let you know what the results are.[/quote]
I too have these problems and cannot eliminate them. I have tried everything and for a while thought the sensors must have gone bad and were reporting the wrong temps but it have 2 cards and 4 gpus on them. The likely hood of all 4 sensors going bad at the same instant is a statistical unlikely event.

Control panel (nvidia) will not recognize WOW is installed amd when I add the program it will not retain it after closing and restarting control panel again. I also cannot remove a program from control panel. So the obvious problem, at least one problem, is control panel has bugs. In other stronger words OPTIONS THAT DO NOT WORK!

I have searched this forum and all over the internet and found that many are having the same issues we are having.

If it helps, after I tired adding the program to control panel (wow.exe) it did begin to work better but still not good. I am still seeing the crashes witht he GPUs which never fully recover. They may recover and produce sound but all video is lost to a black screen. Most times I have to hard shut down the PC and restart it again to see anything on my screen.

All this money for a QUAD SLI setup and it does not work let alone work right. If this were only happening with WOW I would say the game has problems but it happens with MS flight sim 2004 and MS flight sim X also. The saddest part is that an old 2.4 Ghz celeron with a very low end years old GPU gives me better performance and no crashes then the 2 9800 gx2's I have being driven by am intel extreme QX9650 CPU on Win 7 and 4 megs of memory.

After all the searching I have done, here and other places, calls to support staff, and every other attempt to find a solution I cannot find a single person who can tell me how to fix these issues.
[quote name='Ripper951' post='1018364' date='Mar 12 2010, 07:36 PM']I have just about the same system, same board, although my CPU is 965 Black and 2 GTX 260s MAXCORE OC.

I too have these problems and cannot eliminate them. I have tried everything and for a while thought the sensors must have gone bad and were reporting the wrong temps but it have 2 cards and 4 gpus on them. The likely hood of all 4 sensors going bad at the same instant is a statistical unlikely event.

Control panel (nvidia) will not recognize WOW is installed amd when I add the program it will not retain it after closing and restarting control panel again. I also cannot remove a program from control panel. So the obvious problem, at least one problem, is control panel has bugs. In other stronger words OPTIONS THAT DO NOT WORK!

I have searched this forum and all over the internet and found that many are having the same issues we are having.

If it helps, after I tired adding the program to control panel (wow.exe) it did begin to work better but still not good. I am still seeing the crashes witht he GPUs which never fully recover. They may recover and produce sound but all video is lost to a black screen. Most times I have to hard shut down the PC and restart it again to see anything on my screen.

All this money for a QUAD SLI setup and it does not work let alone work right. If this were only happening with WOW I would say the game has problems but it happens with MS flight sim 2004 and MS flight sim X also. The saddest part is that an old 2.4 Ghz celeron with a very low end years old GPU gives me better performance and no crashes then the 2 9800 gx2's I have being driven by am intel extreme QX9650 CPU on Win 7 and 4 megs of memory.

After all the searching I have done, here and other places, calls to support staff, and every other attempt to find a solution I cannot find a single person who can tell me how to fix these issues.

Posted 10/24/2010 02:24 AM   

Posted 10/24/2010 02:24 AM   

Posted 10/24/2010 02:25 AM   

Posted 10/24/2010 02:25 AM   
Scroll To Top