GT 130M Overheating
I have a laptop with a GeForce GT 130M built-in. It has been fantastic, but just recently, playing a new game, I Alt-Tabbed out of the game and saw that my GPU temperature had climbed to 96 degrees Celsius. While I don't think it cause any damage, I'm concerned about that figure.

When I checked, the Core Slowdown Threshold was currently set to 255 deg C out of the factory! Why it hasn't been set correctly is beyond me, but there it is...

I have now reset my Core Slowdown Threshold to 80 C, to be extra safe, but I would like to set it to the official figure if anyone can find what that is please?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay.
I have a laptop with a GeForce GT 130M built-in. It has been fantastic, but just recently, playing a new game, I Alt-Tabbed out of the game and saw that my GPU temperature had climbed to 96 degrees Celsius. While I don't think it cause any damage, I'm concerned about that figure.

When I checked, the Core Slowdown Threshold was currently set to 255 deg C out of the factory! Why it hasn't been set correctly is beyond me, but there it is...

I have now reset my Core Slowdown Threshold to 80 C, to be extra safe, but I would like to set it to the official figure if anyone can find what that is please?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay.

Posted 02/13/2010 08:13 PM   
From what i have found it is 105c but in my opinion that is too much.I have an ati 4670 in my laptop and i have it set at 85c but i also have downloaded gpu-z to keep track of my temp's.
From what i have found it is 105c but in my opinion that is too much.I have an ati 4670 in my laptop and i have it set at 85c but i also have downloaded gpu-z to keep track of my temp's.

Posted 02/13/2010 08:25 PM   
I want to bump this, since I'm experiencing the same issue. After 10-15 mins of fallout3 I can hit the 95-100C range, which has me worried. I can't find any temp specs ANYWHERE for the 130M -> the 105C is for the 130 not the 130M (my guess is that the 130M would be a bit higher?). So I'm hoping someone could shed some light on a safe operating temp for the GPU. Is it safe to run the GPU at 100C for a few hours while I play fallout?

Im running a Lenovo y550, Core2Duo (p7350), with 6gbDDR3 and the 130M (with 512dedicated). OS is W7 64bit.

Appreciate it.
I want to bump this, since I'm experiencing the same issue. After 10-15 mins of fallout3 I can hit the 95-100C range, which has me worried. I can't find any temp specs ANYWHERE for the 130M -> the 105C is for the 130 not the 130M (my guess is that the 130M would be a bit higher?). So I'm hoping someone could shed some light on a safe operating temp for the GPU. Is it safe to run the GPU at 100C for a few hours while I play fallout?

Im running a Lenovo y550, Core2Duo (p7350), with 6gbDDR3 and the 130M (with 512dedicated). OS is W7 64bit.

Appreciate it.

Posted 07/20/2010 04:42 PM   
How long have you had the computer? Maybe you need to clean the fan and heatsink. I know I have to do it about every 4-5 months cause the y550 sucks in a lot a lint.
How long have you had the computer? Maybe you need to clean the fan and heatsink. I know I have to do it about every 4-5 months cause the y550 sucks in a lot a lint.

Posted 08/04/2011 04:01 AM   
Scroll To Top