Windows 7 and nForce 560?
I've searched and found other topics about this however none of them seem to be conclusive. I've bought Windows 7 Professional x64 and I want to know if there are any suitable drivers for my chipset or if the drivers included in Windows are good enough to run my motherboard. I own the following motherboard:

[url="http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1244"]MSI K9 Neo V3[/url]

As you can see, there are Windows 7 drivers for:
[list]
[*]Audio
[*]Network
[/list]

However the chipset ones only go up to Windows Vista. I also noticed that on the nVidia website the Nforce 560 drivers stop at 15.23 which are labelled as Windows Vista drivers. Now I know that I can run Vista drivers on 7 with no problems however I would like to know if I really need to run 15.23 or if the board will function properly with the standard Windows 7 drivers that are shipped with the OS?
I've searched and found other topics about this however none of them seem to be conclusive. I've bought Windows 7 Professional x64 and I want to know if there are any suitable drivers for my chipset or if the drivers included in Windows are good enough to run my motherboard. I own the following motherboard:

MSI K9 Neo V3

As you can see, there are Windows 7 drivers for:

• Audio
  • Network

However the chipset ones only go up to Windows Vista. I also noticed that on the nVidia website the Nforce 560 drivers stop at 15.23 which are labelled as Windows Vista drivers. Now I know that I can run Vista drivers on 7 with no problems however I would like to know if I really need to run 15.23 or if the board will function properly with the standard Windows 7 drivers that are shipped with the OS?

Posted 02/04/2010 04:22 PM   
I believe it will run properly without installing the VISTA driver - but to be clear, WIN 7 = VISTA when it comes to drivers.

Thats my Opinion, not a fact.

I installed Win7 on my 570 Sli without issue.
I believe it will run properly without installing the VISTA driver - but to be clear, WIN 7 = VISTA when it comes to drivers.

Thats my Opinion, not a fact.

I installed Win7 on my 570 Sli without issue.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 02/05/2010 02:03 AM   
[quote]WIN 7 = VISTA when it comes to drivers.[/quote]

Yep, I know, but thanks for the heads up on your experiences with the 570.

I think I'll just stick with the default Microsoft drivers but if anyone else has any more info that would be great :).
WIN 7 = VISTA when it comes to drivers.

Yep, I know, but thanks for the heads up on your experiences with the 570.

I think I'll just stick with the default Microsoft drivers but if anyone else has any more info that would be great :).

Posted 02/05/2010 08:48 AM   
[quote name='Vinnie800' post='995705' date='Feb 5 2010, 09:48 AM']Yep, I know, but thanks for the heads up on your experiences with the 570.[/quote]There are big differences between nForce 560 and nForce 570 chipsets.
nForce 570 belongs to the MCP55 group and doesn't support AHCI, whereas users with an nForce 560 chipset mainboard need MCP65 drivers and will only be able to use the nForce SATA driver, if the NVIDIA SATA Controller has been set to AHCI or RAID mode.
None of NVIDIA's actual nForce chipset driver sets do support MCP 65 (nForce 560/520) chipsets because of missing HardwareID's, whereas users with an MCP55 (nForce 590/570/550) chipset mainboard will find appropriate driver sets at NVIDIA's download pages.

[quote]I think I'll just stick with the default Microsoft drivers but if anyone else has any more info that would be great :).[/quote]As long as the Win7 in-box drivers are working fine with your system, you should stick with them.
If you should have any troubles, you may try the nForce driverpack, which I have customized for being used with all nForce chipsets of the NF4-7 series inclusive the MCP65 = nForce 560/520 chipset ones (only exception: the included nForce IDE drivers do not work at all with nForce4 chipsets, although the HardwareID's are added). You can get this modded version of the newest Win7 nForce chipset driver sets 15.53 within the start post of [url="http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/nforce-beta-sets-15-53-for-vista-win7-whql-t73210.html"]>this<[/url] thread.
[quote name='Vinnie800' post='995705' date='Feb 5 2010, 09:48 AM']Yep, I know, but thanks for the heads up on your experiences with the 570.There are big differences between nForce 560 and nForce 570 chipsets.

nForce 570 belongs to the MCP55 group and doesn't support AHCI, whereas users with an nForce 560 chipset mainboard need MCP65 drivers and will only be able to use the nForce SATA driver, if the NVIDIA SATA Controller has been set to AHCI or RAID mode.

None of NVIDIA's actual nForce chipset driver sets do support MCP 65 (nForce 560/520) chipsets because of missing HardwareID's, whereas users with an MCP55 (nForce 590/570/550) chipset mainboard will find appropriate driver sets at NVIDIA's download pages.

As long as the Win7 in-box drivers are working fine with your system, you should stick with them.

If you should have any troubles, you may try the nForce driverpack, which I have customized for being used with all nForce chipsets of the NF4-7 series inclusive the MCP65 = nForce 560/520 chipset ones (only exception: the included nForce IDE drivers do not work at all with nForce4 chipsets, although the HardwareID's are added). You can get this modded version of the newest Win7 nForce chipset driver sets 15.53 within the start post of >this< thread.

Posted 02/05/2010 11:30 AM   
Okay thanks for that. I'll post back once I've got it installed and running anyway in case anyone else ever has the same question.

[quote]None of NVIDIA's actual nForce chipset driver sets do support MCP 65 (nForce 560/520) chipsets because of missing HardwareID's, whereas users with an MCP55 (nForce 590/570/550) chipset mainboard will find appropriate driver sets at NVIDIA's download pages.[/quote]

Does anyone know why? This reminds me a lot of the nforce3 stuff with Vista a few years ago.
Okay thanks for that. I'll post back once I've got it installed and running anyway in case anyone else ever has the same question.

Does anyone know why? This reminds me a lot of the nforce3 stuff with Vista a few years ago.

Posted 02/06/2010 11:36 AM   
Scroll To Top