2nd GPU not showing in Device manager. Cant enable SLI without second GPU
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2nd gtx280, and I am attempting to get SLI working.

I physically installed the card, plugged in the SLI bridge (2 way bridge), and booted the computer. Nothing happened. Windows does not even recognize the 2nd gtx 280 in the device manager.

I have uninstalled the drivers, and then rebooted the PC. The drivers for the 1st card reinstall, but there is no mention of the 2nd card.

My motherboard has 3 pcie slots. I have the middle slot empty.

The Card is getting enough power, (as verified by the green light on back of card)

Specs:

EVGA 780i motherboard.
EVGA GTX280 (x2)
Intel e8600
OCZ 1000 watt power supply
8gb corsair Ram
Western digital 10K rpm hdd
Windows 7 RC

If you need any more information, let me know.
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2nd gtx280, and I am attempting to get SLI working.

I physically installed the card, plugged in the SLI bridge (2 way bridge), and booted the computer. Nothing happened. Windows does not even recognize the 2nd gtx 280 in the device manager.

I have uninstalled the drivers, and then rebooted the PC. The drivers for the 1st card reinstall, but there is no mention of the 2nd card.

My motherboard has 3 pcie slots. I have the middle slot empty.

The Card is getting enough power, (as verified by the green light on back of card)

Specs:

EVGA 780i motherboard.

EVGA GTX280 (x2)

Intel e8600

OCZ 1000 watt power supply

8gb corsair Ram

Western digital 10K rpm hdd

Windows 7 RC

If you need any more information, let me know.

Posted 02/04/2010 02:49 AM   
try it without the SLI bridge on, to see if it will see the card. Another thing to try is to try the new card in the first slot on its own and see what happens.
try it without the SLI bridge on, to see if it will see the card. Another thing to try is to try the new card in the first slot on its own and see what happens.

XFX 790i ULTRA Motherboard
C2Q Q6700 @ 3.4
Noctua NH-U12P cooler single fan.
2 gigs Patriot PC3-16000
EVGA GTX 480
Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850w
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
Coolermaster HAF-932 case

Posted 02/09/2010 04:26 PM   
Scroll To Top