GTS 240 HDMI No Audio New Dell Studio w/ GTS 240 and get no Audio through the HDMI
Just go a New Dell Studio with a GTS 240 and plugged in the HDMI via the adapter provider to a Sony Bravia 46" and I get a great picture but no sound, I went to playback devices in Control panel and the HDMI is not listed, so I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia and the card shows HDMI Audio Enabled but still no sound, but no sound and no playback device listed.....very frustrated

Thanks for any Help
Bob
Just go a New Dell Studio with a GTS 240 and plugged in the HDMI via the adapter provider to a Sony Bravia 46" and I get a great picture but no sound, I went to playback devices in Control panel and the HDMI is not listed, so I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia and the card shows HDMI Audio Enabled but still no sound, but no sound and no playback device listed.....very frustrated

Thanks for any Help

Bob

Posted 02/02/2010 02:07 PM   
This is a tower PC correct? If so is the little 2 wire spdif cable hhoked up from the mobo to the GPU? Because thats how sound travels across hdmi. This cable must be in place. And for some reason many manufacturers leave it off.
This is a tower PC correct? If so is the little 2 wire spdif cable hhoked up from the mobo to the GPU? Because thats how sound travels across hdmi. This cable must be in place. And for some reason many manufacturers leave it off.

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 02/02/2010 02:09 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='993869' date='Feb 2 2010, 09:09 AM']This is a tower PC correct? If so is the little 2 wire spdif cable hhoked up from the mobo to the GPU? Because thats how sound travels across hdmi. This cable must be in place. And for some reason many manufacturers leave it off.[/quote]

There seems to be a small cable connected to the top of the r, I will double check, thank you for your replay.
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='993869' date='Feb 2 2010, 09:09 AM']This is a tower PC correct? If so is the little 2 wire spdif cable hhoked up from the mobo to the GPU? Because thats how sound travels across hdmi. This cable must be in place. And for some reason many manufacturers leave it off.

There seems to be a small cable connected to the top of the r, I will double check, thank you for your replay.

Posted 02/02/2010 03:15 PM   
i could be a driver issue as well. i have seen some say certain drivers have broken the sound over HDMI but I have never had this issue myself.
i could be a driver issue as well. i have seen some say certain drivers have broken the sound over HDMI but I have never had this issue myself.

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 02/02/2010 03:19 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='993914' date='Feb 2 2010, 10:19 AM']i could be a driver issue as well. i have seen some say certain drivers have broken the sound over HDMI but I have never had this issue myself.[/quote]

It was original the MS driver, which had no info about the HDMI or Audio, I put the latest NVIDIA driver on it which shows in the NVIDIA control panel HDMI Auto enabled, but still no play back device and no audio, I've read that NVIDIA only supports auto in certain Native modes, however it does not say what TV are supported, this should just work..very frustrated.

Thanks again
Bob
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='993914' date='Feb 2 2010, 10:19 AM']i could be a driver issue as well. i have seen some say certain drivers have broken the sound over HDMI but I have never had this issue myself.

It was original the MS driver, which had no info about the HDMI or Audio, I put the latest NVIDIA driver on it which shows in the NVIDIA control panel HDMI Auto enabled, but still no play back device and no audio, I've read that NVIDIA only supports auto in certain Native modes, however it does not say what TV are supported, this should just work..very frustrated.

Thanks again

Bob

Posted 02/02/2010 05:45 PM   
i have a same issue.

GT250 with HDMI to SONY Bravia HDTV, picture is great but i only get sound via PC Speakers. HDMI Audio is enabled and my audio cable to the mobo is connected.
i have a same issue.

GT250 with HDMI to SONY Bravia HDTV, picture is great but i only get sound via PC Speakers. HDMI Audio is enabled and my audio cable to the mobo is connected.

Posted 07/07/2010 04:34 AM   
Scroll To Top