nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Hi There,

I currently have the following rig:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Motherboard: Asus
P5ND2 SLI Deluxe
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.6GHz (HT, 64 Bit Architechure)
Memory: 4GB DDRII
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3850 256MB PCI Express
Hard Drive: 160GB Seagate IDE ATA HDD

I am having a problem finding drivers for the Windows 7 Ultimate, I have searched high and low for the nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition drivers for my operatind system but keep coming up empty handed, windows seems to be running everything by itself but in the hardware Device table, I have a "!" for the SMBus controller, as well as other required controllers.

The mainboard is ofrouce an nForce 4 SLI Intel chipset, but nvidia.com doesn't support it according to their site, and they do have old drivers for it but for Windows XP, Not Windows 7, and especially not the 64Bit drivers.

Is nVidia going to release drivers for this chipset sometime in the near future, I have been to Asus global support site and once again their is no Support for Windows 7, Yet I am not alone, A lot of other people have this board in particular and are running Windows 7 but can't seem to get all the required drivers, which means it is not fully utilizing the full potential of the board. Especially when it wants the SMBus drivers but cannot find them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

David Giles
Hi There,

I currently have the following rig:

Motherboard: Asus

P5ND2 SLI Deluxe

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.6GHz (HT, 64 Bit Architechure)

Memory: 4GB DDRII

Video: ATI Radeon HD 3850 256MB PCI Express

Hard Drive: 160GB Seagate IDE ATA HDD

I am having a problem finding drivers for the Windows 7 Ultimate, I have searched high and low for the nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition drivers for my operatind system but keep coming up empty handed, windows seems to be running everything by itself but in the hardware Device table, I have a "!" for the SMBus controller, as well as other required controllers.

The mainboard is ofrouce an nForce 4 SLI Intel chipset, but nvidia.com doesn't support it according to their site, and they do have old drivers for it but for Windows XP, Not Windows 7, and especially not the 64Bit drivers.

Is nVidia going to release drivers for this chipset sometime in the near future, I have been to Asus global support site and once again their is no Support for Windows 7, Yet I am not alone, A lot of other people have this board in particular and are running Windows 7 but can't seem to get all the required drivers, which means it is not fully utilizing the full potential of the board. Especially when it wants the SMBus drivers but cannot find them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

David Giles

Posted 01/20/2010 08:38 AM   
@ LUTHIUS:
Welcome at NVIDIA Forums!

Now to your questions:[list=1]
[*]NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition (=MCP04) chipsets are not supported by the Windows 7 in-box drivers delivered by NVIDIA and I doubt, that NVIDIA will offer them in the future.
Nevertheless you are able to run Windows 7, because the in-box generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS does support your NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition SATA Controllers.
[*]Your problem regarding the missing SMBus "drivers" (they are not real drivers, just text files) can easily be solved:
Just download and unzip [url="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wddtinjrwqr"]>this<[/url] small 64bit nForce SMBus driver package. Then do a right click onto all missing or not properly installed devices of your Device Manager and point to that folder.
[/list]
Good luck!
Fernando
@ LUTHIUS:

• NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition (=MCP04) chipsets are not supported by the Windows 7 in-box drivers delivered by NVIDIA and I doubt, that NVIDIA will offer them in the future.
  • Nevertheless you are able to run Windows 7, because the in-box generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS does support your NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition SATA Controllers.

• Your problem regarding the missing SMBus "drivers" (they are not real drivers, just text files) can easily be solved:
  • Just download and unzip >this< small 64bit nForce SMBus driver package. Then do a right click onto all missing or not properly installed devices of your Device Manager and point to that folder.

[/list]

Good luck!

Fernando

Posted 01/20/2010 11:05 AM   
    [quote name='Fernando' post='984652' date='Jan 20 2010, 10:05 PM']@ LUTHIUS:

[*]NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition (=MCP04) chipsets are not supported by the Windows 7 in-box drivers delivered by NVIDIA and I doubt, that NVIDIA will offer them in the future.
    Nevertheless you are able to run Windows 7, because the in-box generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS does support your NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition SATA Controllers.
    [*]Your problem regarding the missing SMBus "drivers" (they are not real drivers, just text files) can easily be solved:
    Just download and unzip [url="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wddtinjrwqr"]>this<[/url] small 64bit nForce SMBus driver package. Then do a right click onto all missing or not properly installed devices of your Device Manager and point to that folder.
    [/list]
    Good luck!
    Fernando[/quote]

Hi Fernado I am having a similar problem,
    I have a Dell XPS 730 with a Nforce 7 Chi, Nvidia 790I Ultra board, no matter what I do, and I've tried soud card in different PCIx slots, WIndows will not install the drivers. keep getting Driver will not start Code 10 error.
    Card is a Creative Xfi Titaium Pro Falty PCIx one.

Trying to install it under Win 7 64bit, but I have also tried to install it in my other Dell XPS 710 which is running Vista 32 bit, same problem.
    Initally Windows calls it a High Def audio device, which is normal as I have a Sb XFI PCI one that came with system, ( I am trying to upgrade) then Creative drivers find that card and install the driver and all is fine, but Creative drivers do not like this card. I suspect card may be faulty, as I know of other Dell XPS users who have installed the same card without issues, but as a long shot I wonder if something to do with the Nvidia board may be the fault.
    Someone did suggest updating the Nforce 7 chipset drivers, but I cannot find any that run under Vista let alone Win 7.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
    Phil
    [quote name='Fernando' post='984652' date='Jan 20 2010, 10:05 PM']@ LUTHIUS:

• NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition (=MCP04) chipsets are not supported by the Windows 7 in-box drivers delivered by NVIDIA and I doubt, that NVIDIA will offer them in the future.
  • Nevertheless you are able to run Windows 7, because the in-box generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS does support your NVIDIA nForce4 Intel Edition SATA Controllers.

• Your problem regarding the missing SMBus "drivers" (they are not real drivers, just text files) can easily be solved:
  • Just download and unzip >this< small 64bit nForce SMBus driver package. Then do a right click onto all missing or not properly installed devices of your Device Manager and point to that folder.

[/list]

Good luck!

Fernando

Hi Fernado I am having a similar problem,

I have a Dell XPS 730 with a Nforce 7 Chi, Nvidia 790I Ultra board, no matter what I do, and I've tried soud card in different PCIx slots, WIndows will not install the drivers. keep getting Driver will not start Code 10 error.

Card is a Creative Xfi Titaium Pro Falty PCIx one.

Trying to install it under Win 7 64bit, but I have also tried to install it in my other Dell XPS 710 which is running Vista 32 bit, same problem.

Initally Windows calls it a High Def audio device, which is normal as I have a Sb XFI PCI one that came with system, ( I am trying to upgrade) then Creative drivers find that card and install the driver and all is fine, but Creative drivers do not like this card. I suspect card may be faulty, as I know of other Dell XPS users who have installed the same card without issues, but as a long shot I wonder if something to do with the Nvidia board may be the fault.

Someone did suggest updating the Nforce 7 chipset drivers, but I cannot find any that run under Vista let alone Win 7.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Phil

Posted 02/02/2010 09:53 AM   
    **technically I don't have the intel version, but need similar nforce4 win7x64 drivers, so thought would add to this post.

Hi Fernando,

I am suprised that this is not a very popular topic. I am in deperate need of an nforce4 Win7 64 bit RAID driver.

It appears most of the threads relating to this issue are in 3d gaming forums, because it appears that people were disappointed that nVidia only supports up to Vista for this chipset.

I am quite disappointed nVidia hasn't released Win7 drivers for this board. My system still has plenty of life in it, similar to LUTHIUS, and runs circles around many new systems sold today!!!

Motherboard: DFI UT nForce 4 Ultra modded to SLI
    Processor: AMD 4400 scoket 939 overclocked to 2.6Ghz
    Memory: 2 GB Cosair XMS Cas2
    Video: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI Express
    Hard Drive: 2X WD Raid Ed 500GB HDDs on Nvidia RAID controller

However I am impressed Fernando. Although you say that nVidia does not intend to release support for this chipset for Win7, I in another forum (http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/new-offi-nforce-win7-32-64-15-35-15-37-whql-t72743.html), a user with your name (I assume it is you), had an attempt to modify other drivers to suit nforce 4. Good on you if that was the case, if nVidia wasn't going to release them themselves officially!

Unfortunately I can see no conclusion in that thread, and was wondering if you have had any luck, or if nVidia has decided to release RAID drivers for this chipset. It was a very popular chipset, and many loyal nVidia fans are waiting anxiously.

I saw in that post your old system is similar to mine, and your motherboard is the same as mine before it was modded.. so did you end up getting your own board going on RAID 0???

I see above you mention Win7 comes with support for nforce4 SATA, and thanks for SMBus link for other systems. Unfortunately I have no other options other than my nforce nvidia RAID, as other SATA and IDE ports are either full, or blocked by my ATI4850, and this is my last primary partition I can play with. Any help would be appreciated :)
    **technically I don't have the intel version, but need similar nforce4 win7x64 drivers, so thought would add to this post.

Hi Fernando,

I am suprised that this is not a very popular topic. I am in deperate need of an nforce4 Win7 64 bit RAID driver.

It appears most of the threads relating to this issue are in 3d gaming forums, because it appears that people were disappointed that nVidia only supports up to Vista for this chipset.

I am quite disappointed nVidia hasn't released Win7 drivers for this board. My system still has plenty of life in it, similar to LUTHIUS, and runs circles around many new systems sold today!!!

Motherboard: DFI UT nForce 4 Ultra modded to SLI

Processor: AMD 4400 scoket 939 overclocked to 2.6Ghz

Memory: 2 GB Cosair XMS Cas2

Video: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI Express

Hard Drive: 2X WD Raid Ed 500GB HDDs on Nvidia RAID controller

However I am impressed Fernando. Although you say that nVidia does not intend to release support for this chipset for Win7, I in another forum (http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/new-offi-nforce-win7-32-64-15-35-15-37-whql-t72743.html), a user with your name (I assume it is you), had an attempt to modify other drivers to suit nforce 4. Good on you if that was the case, if nVidia wasn't going to release them themselves officially!

Unfortunately I can see no conclusion in that thread, and was wondering if you have had any luck, or if nVidia has decided to release RAID drivers for this chipset. It was a very popular chipset, and many loyal nVidia fans are waiting anxiously.

I saw in that post your old system is similar to mine, and your motherboard is the same as mine before it was modded.. so did you end up getting your own board going on RAID 0???

I see above you mention Win7 comes with support for nforce4 SATA, and thanks for SMBus link for other systems. Unfortunately I have no other options other than my nforce nvidia RAID, as other SATA and IDE ports are either full, or blocked by my ATI4850, and this is my last primary partition I can play with. Any help would be appreciated :)

Posted 03/02/2010 07:03 AM   
    @ Kladimere:
    [quote name='Kladimere' post='1010616' date='Mar 2 2010, 08:03 AM']However I am impressed Fernando. Although you say that nVidia does not intend to release support for this chipset for Win7, I in another forum (http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/new-offi-nforce-win7-32-64-15-35-15-37-whql-t72743.html), a user with your name (I assume it is you), had an attempt to modify other drivers to suit nforce 4. Good on you if that was the case, if nVidia wasn't going to release them themselves officially![/quote]You are right, it was me who has remixed and modified these nForce drivers to make them usable with nForce chipsets, which are not supported by NVIDIA's official sets.

[quote]Unfortunately I can see no conclusion in that thread, and was wondering if you have had any luck, or if nVidia has decided to release RAID drivers for this chipset.[/quote]It is possible to get Win7 x64 (or Win7 x86) installed onto your nForce4 SataRAID system by booting off the DVD, but you have to load the WHQL certified 64bit Vista nForce SATA_IDE driver v9.98 ([url="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ztztm2nwwnx"]>download link<[/url]), when you come to the point where your RAID array should be detected. For further details you may look into the guide I have written within [url="http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/windows-7-nvraid-installation-guide-t72447.html"]>this<[/url] thread.

Good luck!
    Fernando
    @ Kladimere:

[quote name='Kladimere' post='1010616' date='Mar 2 2010, 08:03 AM']However I am impressed Fernando. Although you say that nVidia does not intend to release support for this chipset for Win7, I in another forum (http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/new-offi-nforce-win7-32-64-15-35-15-37-whql-t72743.html), a user with your name (I assume it is you), had an attempt to modify other drivers to suit nforce 4. Good on you if that was the case, if nVidia wasn't going to release them themselves officially!You are right, it was me who has remixed and modified these nForce drivers to make them usable with nForce chipsets, which are not supported by NVIDIA's official sets.

Unfortunately I can see no conclusion in that thread, and was wondering if you have had any luck, or if nVidia has decided to release RAID drivers for this chipset.
    It is possible to get Win7 x64 (or Win7 x86) installed onto your nForce4 SataRAID system by booting off the DVD, but you have to load the WHQL certified 64bit Vista nForce SATA_IDE driver v9.98 (>download link<), when you come to the point where your RAID array should be detected. For further details you may look into the guide I have written within >this< thread.

Good luck!

Fernando

Posted 03/02/2010 07:50 PM   
    Awesome, thank you for your welcome, and for your quick reply:) That is really cool that was you in the other forum. Thank god there are people like you are out there helping us little people!!!

I had been beating my head against the wall for a week with this one. Am very excited wtih this new information, thanks for your tips, I am trying it now :)
    Awesome, thank you for your welcome, and for your quick reply:) That is really cool that was you in the other forum. Thank god there are people like you are out there helping us little people!!!

I had been beating my head against the wall for a week with this one. Am very excited wtih this new information, thanks for your tips, I am trying it now :)

Posted 03/03/2010 01:45 AM   
    I am very very happy, I am looking at Windows 7 x64 on my DFI UT nForce 4 SLI motherboard, booting off a RAID 0 array on nvidia raid controller :)

That was an excellent guide that you had made, thank you :)

I ended up having to use the additional section on "b) Special LEGACY Patch method for nForce4 RAID systems". After booting off this CD image, I was able to see my RAID array finally in Win7 setup as instructed. When I went to 'load drivers' for some reason it wasn't clear like Vista setup, and just gave a message along the lines of "windows supports signed drivers, go to load drivers", however it did load them nicely.

I went ahead with the setup, and windows setup went ok to the point where it had to reboot, and at this stage it tries to load and the screen goes black (not blue screen stop error this time). I found at this stage, that if I inserted and loaded that boot patch CD on reboot, then removed it and let it boot off HDD (instead of inserting win setup CD like the first time), it was able to finish the second stage of windows setup, and boot successfully into windows. So there is some feedback regarding "9) The Win7 installation hopefully will finalize without any problem. According to aksal there is no need to insert the LEGACY Patch Boot CD again, when the computer is going to reboot." In my case I had to reinsert the patch CD...

It is running 100% stable and boots like a dream. Windows 7 seemed to pick up the rest of my nforce drivers (as indicated in Device Manager) except for the Nvidia Network Controller, however I only use the Marvell Yukon Chip anyway, so I just disabled that device.

Thank you again for your help Fernando. You went to a lot of trouble modifying a heap of drivers to get these to work, and you had spent a lot of time helping people, thanks. I can see the time that you spent on this issue from the posts you have going in other forums, and it is very kind of you, esp since I read you no longer had your DFI nforce4 board yourself.

Your efforts are much appreciated mate, thanks :)
    I am very very happy, I am looking at Windows 7 x64 on my DFI UT nForce 4 SLI motherboard, booting off a RAID 0 array on nvidia raid controller :)

That was an excellent guide that you had made, thank you :)

I ended up having to use the additional section on "b) Special LEGACY Patch method for nForce4 RAID systems". After booting off this CD image, I was able to see my RAID array finally in Win7 setup as instructed. When I went to 'load drivers' for some reason it wasn't clear like Vista setup, and just gave a message along the lines of "windows supports signed drivers, go to load drivers", however it did load them nicely.

I went ahead with the setup, and windows setup went ok to the point where it had to reboot, and at this stage it tries to load and the screen goes black (not blue screen stop error this time). I found at this stage, that if I inserted and loaded that boot patch CD on reboot, then removed it and let it boot off HDD (instead of inserting win setup CD like the first time), it was able to finish the second stage of windows setup, and boot successfully into windows. So there is some feedback regarding "9) The Win7 installation hopefully will finalize without any problem. According to aksal there is no need to insert the LEGACY Patch Boot CD again, when the computer is going to reboot." In my case I had to reinsert the patch CD...

It is running 100% stable and boots like a dream. Windows 7 seemed to pick up the rest of my nforce drivers (as indicated in Device Manager) except for the Nvidia Network Controller, however I only use the Marvell Yukon Chip anyway, so I just disabled that device.

Thank you again for your help Fernando. You went to a lot of trouble modifying a heap of drivers to get these to work, and you had spent a lot of time helping people, thanks. I can see the time that you spent on this issue from the posts you have going in other forums, and it is very kind of you, esp since I read you no longer had your DFI nforce4 board yourself.

Your efforts are much appreciated mate, thanks :)

Posted 03/03/2010 04:17 AM   
    Scroll To Top