can not play Lands of Lore 3 on win XP
I have nvidia geforce 7600 GT for AGP, windows xp sp1 with all updates, the new directx version, the second last driver from nvidia.

I now can not even start the game, earlier i could start and play this game in 3D mode , but could not watch the in game videos correctly.
there are problems to play the rad games videos in this game.

i can not run this game with wine under linux also in direct3D mode but in 3dfx mode when i use a windows glide wrapper, a trick.
the game is with last 107a update

So will nvidia make an driver update for this game????

pls nvidia!!!!

i will try if this game runs under windows 7 64 bit.
I have nvidia geforce 7600 GT for AGP, windows xp sp1 with all updates, the new directx version, the second last driver from nvidia.

I now can not even start the game, earlier i could start and play this game in 3D mode , but could not watch the in game videos correctly.

there are problems to play the rad games videos in this game.

i can not run this game with wine under linux also in direct3D mode but in 3dfx mode when i use a windows glide wrapper, a trick.

the game is with last 107a update

So will nvidia make an driver update for this game????

pls nvidia!!!!

i will try if this game runs under windows 7 64 bit.

Posted 01/19/2010 12:16 PM   
[quote name='lands' post='983955' date='Jan 19 2010, 01:16 PM']i will try if this game runs under windows 7 64 bit.[/quote]

wow fantastic, unbelievable. i can run this game on windows 7 64 bit !!! with laptop nvidia graphic card. a game from year 1999 that was made for windows 95!!!

but sadly i can not see the game videos, i can only hear it:( nvidia help!

but most important is that this game should runs on xp.
[quote name='lands' post='983955' date='Jan 19 2010, 01:16 PM']i will try if this game runs under windows 7 64 bit.

wow fantastic, unbelievable. i can run this game on windows 7 64 bit !!! with laptop nvidia graphic card. a game from year 1999 that was made for windows 95!!!

but sadly i can not see the game videos, i can only hear it:( nvidia help!

but most important is that this game should runs on xp.

Posted 01/19/2010 03:10 PM   
I would say this is a software /nvidia driver problem, not a hardware problem that i can not watch this old rad games videos on win xp and windows 7.

because i could watch these videos on linux with wine on the same hardware.

so it should not be much work for the nvidia developer to solve this video play problem.

is here in this forum someone from the nvidia driver developer team? help! that could solve this video problem?

by the way with an old ati graphic card i could watch these videos and play in 3D on xp without problems.

but i think this should be no problem for nvidia to do it well like ati did.
I would say this is a software /nvidia driver problem, not a hardware problem that i can not watch this old rad games videos on win xp and windows 7.

because i could watch these videos on linux with wine on the same hardware.

so it should not be much work for the nvidia developer to solve this video play problem.

is here in this forum someone from the nvidia driver developer team? help! that could solve this video problem?

by the way with an old ati graphic card i could watch these videos and play in 3D on xp without problems.

but i think this should be no problem for nvidia to do it well like ati did.

Posted 01/19/2010 09:39 PM   
i tried the new driver version 196.21 for 32 bit xp but the game still does not start.

the game doesnt start because the game starts with a short video, and the nvidia driver is not able to start and play this video.( or is it a windows problem?)

those videos in this game are old videos made by rad games. [url="http://www.radgametools.com/"]http://www.radgametools.com/[/url]

but in linux with wine i can start and watch this videos, but can not play in direct3D mode.

will be there an driver update from nvidia ?
i tried the new driver version 196.21 for 32 bit xp but the game still does not start.

the game doesnt start because the game starts with a short video, and the nvidia driver is not able to start and play this video.( or is it a windows problem?)

those videos in this game are old videos made by rad games. http://www.radgametools.com/

but in linux with wine i can start and watch this videos, but can not play in direct3D mode.

will be there an driver update from nvidia ?

Posted 01/21/2010 09:32 AM   
unfortunately, that game is so incredibly out of date that its probably no longer supported by nvidia's modern drivers, even for xp. the reason that it runs on linux is probably because linux is running it via openGL and on windows it probably uses directx 3 or 4, which i think may no longer be supported. given the fact that the game is over ten years old at this point, you'll either have to continue to play it on linux or else see if you can dig up some drivers from circa 2005 for your card, which is going to be a difficult task.
unfortunately, that game is so incredibly out of date that its probably no longer supported by nvidia's modern drivers, even for xp. the reason that it runs on linux is probably because linux is running it via openGL and on windows it probably uses directx 3 or 4, which i think may no longer be supported. given the fact that the game is over ten years old at this point, you'll either have to continue to play it on linux or else see if you can dig up some drivers from circa 2005 for your card, which is going to be a difficult task.

Posted 01/24/2010 09:51 AM   
the game was for directx version 6.

No, the new nvidia driver still support this game for 97% on xp and windows 7.
the only problem is the nvidia driver( or directx?) can not play the in game videos.

how much cost your great computer?:)
the game was for directx version 6.

No, the new nvidia driver still support this game for 97% on xp and windows 7.

the only problem is the nvidia driver( or directx?) can not play the in game videos.

how much cost your great computer?:)

Posted 01/24/2010 10:51 PM   
i tried a new windows glide wrapper: zeckensack's Glide wrapper
on linux with wine and now the graphic is looking perfect when i set the mode to 3dfx mode.
i can play this game on linux with no problems.

It is a shame that you can not play this game on windows xp and windows 7 but on linux.

and i have a nvidia graphic card and not a 3dfx card.

maybe the things will change with a new future nvidia windows driver.
i tried a new windows glide wrapper: zeckensack's Glide wrapper

on linux with wine and now the graphic is looking perfect when i set the mode to 3dfx mode.

i can play this game on linux with no problems.

It is a shame that you can not play this game on windows xp and windows 7 but on linux.

and i have a nvidia graphic card and not a 3dfx card.

maybe the things will change with a new future nvidia windows driver.

Posted 01/29/2010 05:44 PM   
i made a new test. now with "lands of lore 2" on win xp + nvidia. there i can play this version +game movies + direct3d, so i dont know why it is not possible with lol3 ( game movies).

but sometimes lol2 with direct3d was slow, and this on newer, faster hardware.
i made a new test. now with "lands of lore 2" on win xp + nvidia. there i can play this version +game movies + direct3d, so i dont know why it is not possible with lol3 ( game movies).

but sometimes lol2 with direct3d was slow, and this on newer, faster hardware.

Posted 02/02/2010 06:07 PM   
ops, i find out late that the glidewrapper zeckensack's works on windows xp too with the game lol3. i must first delete the options.ini file then the game start in 3dfx mode. later i can change the video settings to d3d, but when it comes to a in game video, the game simply crashes, something wrong with the file lol3.dat. in d3d the 2d objects do not look so good as with 3dfx, but the 3d looks better.
ops, i find out late that the glidewrapper zeckensack's works on windows xp too with the game lol3. i must first delete the options.ini file then the game start in 3dfx mode. later i can change the video settings to d3d, but when it comes to a in game video, the game simply crashes, something wrong with the file lol3.dat. in d3d the 2d objects do not look so good as with 3dfx, but the 3d looks better.

Posted 10/27/2010 09:04 PM   

Posted 10/27/2010 09:04 PM   
Scroll To Top