6600GT AGP Windows 7 32 bit - won't install drivers
Hi

I have a new 6600GT AGP card that I'm trying to get working on an oldish machine running Windows 7. Windows 7 is not recognizing the card as a 6600GT and when I try to install the Win7 drivers I get an error 'The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware'. I've tried to install the drivers that came with the card but I think they're XP and it gives me an error that 'this is not windows'. There is a yellow question mark next to the 'Video Controller' in the device manager. I've tried the latest drivers 195.62 and also 186.18. Both have the same issue.

I rebooted to XP (I still have it on the machine) and the set of drivers that came with the card installs and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick
Hi

I have a new 6600GT AGP card that I'm trying to get working on an oldish machine running Windows 7. Windows 7 is not recognizing the card as a 6600GT and when I try to install the Win7 drivers I get an error 'The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware'. I've tried to install the drivers that came with the card but I think they're XP and it gives me an error that 'this is not windows'. There is a yellow question mark next to the 'Video Controller' in the device manager. I've tried the latest drivers 195.62 and also 186.18. Both have the same issue.

I rebooted to XP (I still have it on the machine) and the set of drivers that came with the card installs and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

Posted 01/12/2010 11:14 AM   
Can you download a GPU-Z Utility run it on Windows XP and take screenshot of GPU-Z while running on Windows XP?
Can you download a GPU-Z Utility run it on Windows XP and take screenshot of GPU-Z while running on Windows XP?

Processor : Intel Core i7 3960X
Graphic Card : Gainward GeForce Titan 6144MB
Mainboard : ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
RAM : 4x 8GB DDR3-1600
Power Supply : Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
OS 1 : Windows 8.1 Pro with media center

Posted 01/12/2010 02:31 PM   
Here is the GPU-Z screenshot from the card installed in XP.
Here is the GPU-Z screenshot from the card installed in XP.

Posted 01/12/2010 08:19 PM   
That is a FAKE GeForce 6600 GT but is ATI Redeon, take a look on real GeForce 6600GT card information on GPU-Z below and compare it with your card information and you can see it, on GPU section list a Chip been used and Geforce 6600GT based on NV43 but your's is M10 / M11 which indicated as Mobility Redeon 9600, about GPU section you can try search about GPU information on [url="http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=16&card2=548"]here[/url]. I guess you're been cheat by get a fake card try cheat as 6600GT along with the driver has been modified by those cheater, and that's a reason why NVIDIA driver unable to installed on your system

[img]http://i27.tinypic.com/zvo4qw.jpg[/img]
That is a FAKE GeForce 6600 GT but is ATI Redeon, take a look on real GeForce 6600GT card information on GPU-Z below and compare it with your card information and you can see it, on GPU section list a Chip been used and Geforce 6600GT based on NV43 but your's is M10 / M11 which indicated as Mobility Redeon 9600, about GPU section you can try search about GPU information on here. I guess you're been cheat by get a fake card try cheat as 6600GT along with the driver has been modified by those cheater, and that's a reason why NVIDIA driver unable to installed on your system

Posted 01/12/2010 09:39 PM   
Wow!! How interesting! I'm only after something AGP that has enough to play some kids games on an older machine and they're not that easy to come by. I'll go back to the seller about the FAKEness - it was an eBay purchase.

Out of interest - does that mean that if I install ATI drivers on Win7 it will work!
Wow!! How interesting! I'm only after something AGP that has enough to play some kids games on an older machine and they're not that easy to come by. I'll go back to the seller about the FAKEness - it was an eBay purchase.

Out of interest - does that mean that if I install ATI drivers on Win7 it will work!

Posted 01/13/2010 02:20 AM   
Yes, your card probably will work if the ATI Catalyst Driver that support Mobility Redeon 9600M
Yes, your card probably will work if the ATI Catalyst Driver that support Mobility Redeon 9600M

Posted 01/13/2010 04:18 PM   
Sorry for resurrecting an old post but this problem happens to me. Ive had the card since i bought it off newegg and it worked flawlessly on win xp but now the drivers wont recognize the card under win 7 32 bit...... omega drivers from like 2007 work somewhat but i'd rather have the latest. Please help.

[img]http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/01/05/3ac.png[/img]
Sorry for resurrecting an old post but this problem happens to me. Ive had the card since i bought it off newegg and it worked flawlessly on win xp but now the drivers wont recognize the card under win 7 32 bit...... omega drivers from like 2007 work somewhat but i'd rather have the latest. Please help.

Posted 01/06/2011 12:07 AM   
Can you try installing the driver manually through the method outlined here:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2014
Can you try installing the driver manually through the method outlined here:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2014

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 01/06/2011 05:39 AM   
After trying the manual install with 260.99 I am still getting the same problem ... drivers installed now but under the general tab in device manager i get the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
After trying the manual install with 260.99 I am still getting the same problem ... drivers installed now but under the general tab in device manager i get the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Posted 01/07/2011 09:45 PM   
After doing some googling i also stumbled across this [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=183989"]My link[/url]. seems people are having this problem as well
After doing some googling i also stumbled across this My link. seems people are having this problem as well

Posted 01/07/2011 11:51 PM   
Scroll To Top