How to install Nvidia control panel in Windows 7
Just thought I would pass on the details of how I have been able to add the Nvidia control panel to my PC. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

These are the steps that I had to follow:-
1) Download and run in safe mode Drive Sweeper. PC will need to be re-booted.
2) Download the lates Nvidia file as necessary.
3) Install the Nvida file with the PC is safe mode.
4) Reboot the PC and you will file the Nvidia icon in the Control Panel.

Hope this is of use to all who are having problems with this.
Just thought I would pass on the details of how I have been able to add the Nvidia control panel to my PC. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

Posted 01/10/2010 06:01 PM   
[quote name='hoe1234' post='978872' date='Jan 10 2010, 01:01 PM']Just thought I would pass on the details of how I have been able to add the Nvidia control panel to my PC. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

Hope this is of use to all who are having problems with this.[/quote]

All you really have to know is that with the newer drivers you CAN'T install them in safe mode, uninstalling in safe mode makes sense because it allows the uninstaller/driver cleaner to remove files that would otherwise be in use by the system.

If you choose to install in safe mode, chances are the NVCP won't install as part of the driver install.

Of course this is no big deal either because all you have to do (as I have laid out in other topics of the same nature) is navigate to your c:\Nvidia folder (where the driver extracts itself to prior to install) and from there click "DisplayDriver," then your driver version (delete any older versions) then your Windows version and finally your language .. from there you will find standalone installers for:

The Nivida Control Panel
PhysX
32 Vision - Stereoscopic 3D
HD Audio
Nview

~Nutz
[quote name='hoe1234' post='978872' date='Jan 10 2010, 01:01 PM']Just thought I would pass on the details of how I have been able to add the Nvidia control panel to my PC. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

All you really have to know is that with the newer drivers you CAN'T install them in safe mode, uninstalling in safe mode makes sense because it allows the uninstaller/driver cleaner to remove files that would otherwise be in use by the system.

If you choose to install in safe mode, chances are the NVCP won't install as part of the driver install.

Of course this is no big deal either because all you have to do (as I have laid out in other topics of the same nature) is navigate to your c:\Nvidia folder (where the driver extracts itself to prior to install) and from there click "DisplayDriver," then your driver version (delete any older versions) then your Windows version and finally your language .. from there you will find standalone installers for:

The Nivida Control Panel

PhysX

32 Vision - Stereoscopic 3D

HD Audio

Nview

~Nutz

EVGA Classified - e760

Intel i7 980x @ 3.8Ghz

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50

Corsair Dominator GT - 12GB @ 2000Mhz

Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe

3x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked in TriSLI

Clocks: ©800Mhz - (S)1598Mhz - (M)4053Mhz {E}

2x 150GB WD RaptorX in Raid 0

2x 1TB WD Black in Raid 0

2x Samsung DVD Burners

PC P&C T12W 1200w PSU

MPlay202+ System Control/Display

Custom Cooler Master Stacker 830

Vidikron Vision 150 DLP Projector 120"- 1080P

Samsung LN52B750 52" LCD HDTV

2x LG L227WG 22" LCDs

3D Vision - Driver ver. 1.23

Posted 01/10/2010 06:59 PM   
I know it does not make a lot of sense but I just wanted to let users know how I managed to install the Nvida Control Panel.

I have added a graphic that shows the pael in operation.
I know it does not make a lot of sense but I just wanted to let users know how I managed to install the Nvida Control Panel.

I have added a graphic that shows the pael in operation.

Posted 01/10/2010 07:24 PM   
I can't get the Nvidia Control Panel to display.
It's installed. It's right there in the Nvidia folder in C:x86.
I right click to run the .exe as Administrator and nothing happens.
I double click the installer and nothing happens.
I open up Windows Control Panel and it's there, already installed, using memory resources, but is not appearing on the desktop.
I've tried different driver sets with the same NVCP fail. It's there but won't appear when I click on Nvidia Control Panel in the desktop context menu and also there when I use the Windows Search in the Start menu.
I've tried all of the WHQL driver sets for Win 64, GTX590 from the newest back through the older ones. Then I went through the latest Beta's to the oldest.
It appears that the NVCP downloads and installs. It just refuses to make an appearance when I try to actually open and configure it.
Something must be blocking it from showing. Any idea what?
I've spent all weekend trying to fix this. I remove the drivers using "Programs and Features" in Windows Control Panel, then I restart and use DriverSweeper to erase the leftover fragments. I then restart, download the next set of drivers from the Nvidia Driver Page and install them.
I just remembered. PhysX doesn't install, either. I have to go to the Nvidia page for PhysX, download and install the PhysX drivers separately.
I've even tried using the Nvidia Install function where everything installs, even though I always omit the 3D drivers since I have no use for them. That also doesn't work. The drivers install, all of them except PhysX, yet the NVCP refuses to display.
I'm completely out of ideas. All I want is to click on "Let the Application Decide" the desktop settings, and then set SLi. Nothing at all fancy.
If you want to know the driver sets I've tried, just search Windows x64, GTX500 (or go ahead and check GTX590). I've tried every WHQL driver set from new to old, then I tried every Beta from new to old. If any of them worked I would have settled for whichever it was and I wouldn't be posting here at all.

I open up Windows Control Panel and it's there, already installed, using memory resources, but is not appearing on the desktop.

I've tried different driver sets with the same NVCP fail. It's there but won't appear when I click on Nvidia Control Panel in the desktop context menu and also there when I use the Windows Search in the Start menu.

I've tried all of the WHQL driver sets for Win 64, GTX590 from the newest back through the older ones. Then I went through the latest Beta's to the oldest.

It appears that the NVCP downloads and installs. It just refuses to make an appearance when I try to actually open and configure it.

I've spent all weekend trying to fix this. I remove the drivers using "Programs and Features" in Windows Control Panel, then I restart and use DriverSweeper to erase the leftover fragments. I then restart, download the next set of drivers from the Nvidia Driver Page and install them.

I just remembered. PhysX doesn't install, either. I have to go to the Nvidia page for PhysX, download and install the PhysX drivers separately.

I've even tried using the Nvidia Install function where everything installs, even though I always omit the 3D drivers since I have no use for them. That also doesn't work. The drivers install, all of them except PhysX, yet the NVCP refuses to display.

I'm completely out of ideas. All I want is to click on "Let the Application Decide" the desktop settings, and then set SLi. Nothing at all fancy.

If you want to know the driver sets I've tried, just search Windows x64, GTX500 (or go ahead and check GTX590). I've tried every WHQL driver set from new to old, then I tried every Beta from new to old. If any of them worked I would have settled for whichever it was and I wouldn't be posting here at all.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-P67(BIOS 2105)

i7-2600K@5.01GHz.

EVGA GTX590 Classified x 2 (Quad-SLi) Forceware 295.73

Mushkin Redline 1866 4x4 GB.

Crucial RealSSD M4 256 GB.

Corsair AX1200

Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit

My name is Legion; for we are many.

Posted 01/16/2012 10:55 AM   

i7-2600K@5.01GHz.

Corsair AX1200

Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit

Posted 01/16/2012 10:55 AM   
I may have fixed this. Only time will tell for sure. Here's what I did:
I used the following article about removing and installing Nvidia drivers, which is posted on the EVGA Forum site: [url="http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372"]My link[/url].
I suggest that you read the entire article at least once and definitely bookmark this article for later use, as well.
I had been doing everything in the article on how to remove Nvidia drivers before installing/reinstalling new drivers, except, I didn't edit the Registry and remove everything labeled Nvidia. It's a very safe and simple procedure, as you'll see when you read this article. I usually refrain from messing around with the Registry, but there's no reason to fear editing it if you have proper instructions to go by.
That, I hope and pray, was what was keeping my Nvidia Control Panel from displaying. I think that the Registry was confused because it still had at least 2 versions of NCP in it and instead of it choosing one NCP listing in the Registry, it chose to use none.
What I did before reading this article was, I uninstalled everything labled Nvidia from the Add/Remove section of Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel. Then I ran Driver Sweeper. This did NOT clean up the Registry.
After reading the article, I cleaned everything Nvidia from the Registry, reinstalled the latest WHQL drivers from the Nvidia Driver Page: [url="http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us"]My link[/url], rebooted and the NCP then displayed properly. Since I neither have nor want the games that the Beta drivers were written for, I just chose the latest WHQL driver. I also installed everything and then removed the 3D drivers using Add/Remove in the Windows Control Panel.
Since this time, the drivers for PhysX also installed. I guess that the PhysX drivers were acting the same when I tried removing the Nvidia drivers without using regedit and editing the Registry. I'm guessing that, since Nvidia states that PhysX drivers are NOT uninstalled during a regular driver installation, and cannot be overwritten by newer PhysX drivers, that the Registry became confused once again by having 2 sets, or more, of PhysX drivers, and chose to use none.
Please post your results if you do as the article says and you either have no further problems or you continue having problems.
If enough users, and also Nvidia, check out this procedure and find it works properly, then Nvidia should ask permission of the author of this article and make the article a "Sticky" for everybody using this guide to removing and installing Nvidia Drivers.
Thanks to maniacvvv at the EVGA Forums for posting this article!
I may have fixed this. Only time will tell for sure. Here's what I did:

I used the following article about removing and installing Nvidia drivers, which is posted on the EVGA Forum site: My link.

I suggest that you read the entire article at least once and definitely bookmark this article for later use, as well.

I had been doing everything in the article on how to remove Nvidia drivers before installing/reinstalling new drivers, except, I didn't edit the Registry and remove everything labeled Nvidia. It's a very safe and simple procedure, as you'll see when you read this article. I usually refrain from messing around with the Registry, but there's no reason to fear editing it if you have proper instructions to go by.

That, I hope and pray, was what was keeping my Nvidia Control Panel from displaying. I think that the Registry was confused because it still had at least 2 versions of NCP in it and instead of it choosing one NCP listing in the Registry, it chose to use none.

What I did before reading this article was, I uninstalled everything labled Nvidia from the Add/Remove section of Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel. Then I ran Driver Sweeper. This did NOT clean up the Registry.

After reading the article, I cleaned everything Nvidia from the Registry, reinstalled the latest WHQL drivers from the Nvidia Driver Page: My link, rebooted and the NCP then displayed properly. Since I neither have nor want the games that the Beta drivers were written for, I just chose the latest WHQL driver. I also installed everything and then removed the 3D drivers using Add/Remove in the Windows Control Panel.

Since this time, the drivers for PhysX also installed. I guess that the PhysX drivers were acting the same when I tried removing the Nvidia drivers without using regedit and editing the Registry. I'm guessing that, since Nvidia states that PhysX drivers are NOT uninstalled during a regular driver installation, and cannot be overwritten by newer PhysX drivers, that the Registry became confused once again by having 2 sets, or more, of PhysX drivers, and chose to use none.

Please post your results if you do as the article says and you either have no further problems or you continue having problems.

If enough users, and also Nvidia, check out this procedure and find it works properly, then Nvidia should ask permission of the author of this article and make the article a "Sticky" for everybody using this guide to removing and installing Nvidia Drivers.

Thanks to maniacvvv at the EVGA Forums for posting this article!

i7-2600K@5.01GHz.

Corsair AX1200

Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit

Posted 01/17/2012 01:36 PM   
I did NOT fix this! Every single time I restart my computer I cannot get the Nvidia Control Panel to appear on my desktop.
As before, I click on NCP in the context menu, and NCP does not appear.
I then check the Task Manager and it's there and running, but not showing up on the desktop.
I then have to uninstall/reinstall the Nvidia drivers all over again.
And then, the PhysX driver doesn't install, so I have to reinstall, OR fix it, to make that show up.
Sometimes, even after all of that, the NCP will not allow me to enter quad-sli and I have to go through the entire rigamarole AGAIN!
This past Sunday I went through all of this 6 times. All on a brand new SSD, a new install of Windows 7 Pro and absolutely nothing else on the new drive other than the bare essentials to get the computer to operate.
What am I to do now?
I did NOT fix this! Every single time I restart my computer I cannot get the Nvidia Control Panel to appear on my desktop.

I then check the Task Manager and it's there and running, but not showing up on the desktop.

And then, the PhysX driver doesn't install, so I have to reinstall, OR fix it, to make that show up.

Sometimes, even after all of that, the NCP will not allow me to enter quad-sli and I have to go through the entire rigamarole AGAIN!

This past Sunday I went through all of this 6 times. All on a brand new SSD, a new install of Windows 7 Pro and absolutely nothing else on the new drive other than the bare essentials to get the computer to operate.

What am I to do now?

i7-2600K@5.01GHz.

Corsair AX1200

Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit

Posted 02/16/2012 11:47 AM   
[quote name='kzinti1' date='16 February 2012 - 06:47 AM' timestamp='1329392873' post='1370248']
What am I to do now?
[/quote]

mate your best bet is to start you own thread and make sure you post it in the correct area of the forum for maximum exposure. People tend to dismiss topics that have poorly worded titles and or old dated topics.

Just a tip.
[quote name='kzinti1' date='16 February 2012 - 06:47 AM' timestamp='1329392873' post='1370248']

What am I to do now?

mate your best bet is to start you own thread and make sure you post it in the correct area of the forum for maximum exposure. People tend to dismiss topics that have poorly worded titles and or old dated topics.

Just a tip.

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 02/16/2012 03:41 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' date='16 February 2012 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1329406864' post='1370314']

Just a tip.
[/quote]
I don't know what you mean. The title of this thread is "How to install Nvidia control panel in Windows 7", is it not?
Then what good is it if the Nvidia Control Panel will not even appear when you click on it in the desktop context menu or the link to it in Windows itself?
After each deletion and reinstall of the driver set, the Nvidia Control Panel suddenly reappears whenever clicked on, but, when my computer is restarted the Nvidia Control Panel no longer appears.
The only fix is to go through the entire rigamarole again and again and again. After each and every restart of my computer. With exactly the same results.
I've installed the latest WHQL drivers. Now, besides the Nvidia Control Panel behaving exactly as before, the new drivers have lowered the voltage on my GTX590's from 0.9380V max, down to 0.9250V max.
Just because you don't know how to help me is no reason to say for me to just go away. Just because you don't know the answer to my problem does NOT mean someone else may also not be able to help.
Been watching a little too much W.C. Fields have we? "Go away boy, you bother me."
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' date='16 February 2012 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1329406864' post='1370314']

Just a tip.

I don't know what you mean. The title of this thread is "How to install Nvidia control panel in Windows 7", is it not?

Then what good is it if the Nvidia Control Panel will not even appear when you click on it in the desktop context menu or the link to it in Windows itself?

After each deletion and reinstall of the driver set, the Nvidia Control Panel suddenly reappears whenever clicked on, but, when my computer is restarted the Nvidia Control Panel no longer appears.

The only fix is to go through the entire rigamarole again and again and again. After each and every restart of my computer. With exactly the same results.

I've installed the latest WHQL drivers. Now, besides the Nvidia Control Panel behaving exactly as before, the new drivers have lowered the voltage on my GTX590's from 0.9380V max, down to 0.9250V max.

Just because you don't know how to help me is no reason to say for me to just go away. Just because you don't know the answer to my problem does NOT mean someone else may also not be able to help.

Been watching a little too much W.C. Fields have we? "Go away boy, you bother me."

i7-2600K@5.01GHz.

Corsair AX1200

Windows 7 PRO 64 Bit

Posted 02/22/2012 03:08 PM   
Scroll To Top