nvidia control panel settings are not saving! please Help
  1 / 3    
I purhassed a new laptop with Windows 7 and Geforce G210M nvidia graphics card.
I've changed the "Adjust color settings" and selected "use nvidia settings', after restarting/reboot the computer settings were lost and not saving.
Please help me how to save the nvidia control panel seetings.

i appreciate your help.
I purhassed a new laptop with Windows 7 and Geforce G210M nvidia graphics card.

I've changed the "Adjust color settings" and selected "use nvidia settings', after restarting/reboot the computer settings were lost and not saving.

Please help me how to save the nvidia control panel seetings.

i appreciate your help.

Posted 01/04/2010 01:55 AM   
Can you try the latest beta drivers and let us know if you still experience the same issue? Also provide us with your laptop's make and model.

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_x64_195.81_beta.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winv...95.81_beta.html[/url]

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_195.81_beta.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winv...95.81_beta.html[/url]
Can you try the latest beta drivers and let us know if you still experience the same issue? Also provide us with your laptop's make and model.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winv...95.81_beta.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winv...95.81_beta.html

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/04/2010 10:09 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='975177' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:09 PM']Can you try the latest beta drivers and let us know if you still experience the same issue? Also provide us with your laptop's make and model.[/quote]

I'm experiencing a similar issue with both the latest WHQL (195.62) and beta (195.81) drivers.

Windows 7 64-bit.

If I select the display scaling as "nvidia scaling with keeping aspect ratio", it refreshes and asks if I want to keep these settings. I say yes, then it immediately selects the default nvidia scaling.

Honestly, the quality of nvidia's drivers has been steadily going downhill recently with a number of regressions and features being curiously broken. I remember the forcing of anti-aliasing remained broken for quite a few versions. Why there aren't tests in place to make sure that each new driver doesn't break these core driver qualities I don't know. Surely a test lab such as nvidia's should catch this sort of thing? I mean, bugs in new features are one thing but regressions? They're not cool.
[quote name='ManuelG' post='975177' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:09 PM']Can you try the latest beta drivers and let us know if you still experience the same issue? Also provide us with your laptop's make and model.

I'm experiencing a similar issue with both the latest WHQL (195.62) and beta (195.81) drivers.

Windows 7 64-bit.

If I select the display scaling as "nvidia scaling with keeping aspect ratio", it refreshes and asks if I want to keep these settings. I say yes, then it immediately selects the default nvidia scaling.

Honestly, the quality of nvidia's drivers has been steadily going downhill recently with a number of regressions and features being curiously broken. I remember the forcing of anti-aliasing remained broken for quite a few versions. Why there aren't tests in place to make sure that each new driver doesn't break these core driver qualities I don't know. Surely a test lab such as nvidia's should catch this sort of thing? I mean, bugs in new features are one thing but regressions? They're not cool.

Posted 01/04/2010 12:05 PM   
same issue with 195.62. As soon as you reboot the computer, it seems to forget about the nvidia settings. I have to go back and enable the nvidia effects again. Also, the nvidia icon does not show up. When you go in the nvidia control panel, it is there but even if you select it, the check mark does not appear.

Windows XP 32bits
8800GT
4 gigs of ram
X2 7750 (3.0ghz)
same issue with 195.62. As soon as you reboot the computer, it seems to forget about the nvidia settings. I have to go back and enable the nvidia effects again. Also, the nvidia icon does not show up. When you go in the nvidia control panel, it is there but even if you select it, the check mark does not appear.

Windows XP 32bits

8800GT

4 gigs of ram

X2 7750 (3.0ghz)

Posted 01/04/2010 05:38 PM   
I had a thought, because I'm having the same issue and I'm down to driver 191.

I recall when you change certain settings, the control panel triggers a UAC prompt. That UAC prompt isn't being triggered anymore for some reason leading me to believe that the NVIDIA control panel isn't being run in admin mode. And I can't seem to find a way to run the thing as an admin.
I had a thought, because I'm having the same issue and I'm down to driver 191.

I recall when you change certain settings, the control panel triggers a UAC prompt. That UAC prompt isn't being triggered anymore for some reason leading me to believe that the NVIDIA control panel isn't being run in admin mode. And I can't seem to find a way to run the thing as an admin.

Posted 01/13/2010 02:06 AM   
Ya, I have now the same problem. I installed several times the driver, now I downgraded to 182.50. I think that there is a mess into my win registers...

nView Desktop Manager forghet its settings, but we don't need to wait until the sistem is rebooted. I cannot set the TV out for viewing movies. The TV is in dualview but when I go to nView Desktop Manager / Zoom / Full Screen Video Zoom.. / in set Auto-select at Full screen device and Video Mirror in Zoom control, when set the Apply all seetings are restored at Desable !!!!
Moreover, an older driver version than 181 is not available on NVIDIA site. Ultimately I will reinstall the innitial driver from video card CD (bought 5 years ago)! :(
Nvidia softwars: Go home!
Ya, I have now the same problem. I installed several times the driver, now I downgraded to 182.50. I think that there is a mess into my win registers...

nView Desktop Manager forghet its settings, but we don't need to wait until the sistem is rebooted. I cannot set the TV out for viewing movies. The TV is in dualview but when I go to nView Desktop Manager / Zoom / Full Screen Video Zoom.. / in set Auto-select at Full screen device and Video Mirror in Zoom control, when set the Apply all seetings are restored at Desable !!!!

Moreover, an older driver version than 181 is not available on NVIDIA site. Ultimately I will reinstall the innitial driver from video card CD (bought 5 years ago)! :(

Nvidia softwars: Go home!

Posted 01/16/2010 06:29 PM   
Is there a solution to this problem? It's driving me nuts! The control panel keeps defaulting to color settings that look terrible and I can't see fields in HTML forms.

I just installed the latest drivers. I've also run the nvidia control panel as admin, but the setting changes don't stick on reboot.

Please help.
Is there a solution to this problem? It's driving me nuts! The control panel keeps defaulting to color settings that look terrible and I can't see fields in HTML forms.

I just installed the latest drivers. I've also run the nvidia control panel as admin, but the setting changes don't stick on reboot.

Please help.

Posted 03/09/2010 01:32 AM   
Same for me, still using version 191 as every driver above isnt able to save what you select.
also made a topic for it, but somehow it wasnt posted.
with newer drivers warcraft 3 is stretched which looks pretty bad...

win7 64 bit
geforce 250

is there a chance to fix this problem?
Same for me, still using version 191 as every driver above isnt able to save what you select.

also made a topic for it, but somehow it wasnt posted.

with newer drivers warcraft 3 is stretched which looks pretty bad...

win7 64 bit

geforce 250

is there a chance to fix this problem?

Posted 03/09/2010 07:41 AM   
I got ForceWare 257.21, Win 7 x64 and nVidia 9800gt.

My issue is with "Manage 3D Settings" which won't save after pressing *Apply* and then going to one of those other 'tasks' (listed under "3D Settings", "Display" and "Video") and back again. What happens is that the configurations just revert to the original ones.

The Nvidia Control Panel also crashes when trying to load a saved profile with the Profile Menu.

Nice.
I got ForceWare 257.21, Win 7 x64 and nVidia 9800gt.

My issue is with "Manage 3D Settings" which won't save after pressing *Apply* and then going to one of those other 'tasks' (listed under "3D Settings", "Display" and "Video") and back again. What happens is that the configurations just revert to the original ones.

The Nvidia Control Panel also crashes when trying to load a saved profile with the Profile Menu.

Nice.

Posted 06/25/2010 03:31 PM   
Had the same issue today. Here's a possible way how to fix it...

Edit permissions for nvapps.xml in System32 folder or in Sysnative for Win7/Vista x64. It's set to "read only". There's also one in ProgramsData\Nvidia, so check that one too.

The way I solved it was a bit of work (didn't know about that file's permissions before I did this):
1. Uninstall nvidia drivers
2. It'll ask you to reboot... do it
3. Windows will install its own driver
4. It'll ask you to reboot... do it
5. Download Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com, install it or just run it (depends on which version you download), select Drivers and PhysX, let it analyse and then sweep. It'll remove all files and registry association to the drivers and PhysX. Not sure if you'll have to reboot after that or not, if it tells you to, do it
6. Install drivers... I downloaded and installed the new beta version 258.69 for Windows 7 x64.

That did it for me. Hope it helps you, guys. Good luck.
Had the same issue today. Here's a possible way how to fix it...

Edit permissions for nvapps.xml in System32 folder or in Sysnative for Win7/Vista x64. It's set to "read only". There's also one in ProgramsData\Nvidia, so check that one too.

The way I solved it was a bit of work (didn't know about that file's permissions before I did this):

5. Download Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com, install it or just run it (depends on which version you download), select Drivers and PhysX, let it analyse and then sweep. It'll remove all files and registry association to the drivers and PhysX. Not sure if you'll have to reboot after that or not, if it tells you to, do it

6. Install drivers... I downloaded and installed the new beta version 258.69 for Windows 7 x64.

Posted 07/10/2010 12:45 AM   
dear gyrocoq, i did exactly what you said but still i have problem and that is in color setting i cannot save 0-255, in other words by default it is on 16-236 or something like that but to view blu-rays i need 0-255 but when i chose 0-255 it does not make any difference to video quality, is there any fix. Rest is all OK but choosing 0-255 is most important feature for me and it is not working.
dear gyrocoq, i did exactly what you said but still i have problem and that is in color setting i cannot save 0-255, in other words by default it is on 16-236 or something like that but to view blu-rays i need 0-255 but when i chose 0-255 it does not make any difference to video quality, is there any fix. Rest is all OK but choosing 0-255 is most important feature for me and it is not working.

Posted 07/10/2010 12:22 PM   
hmm I had a similar issue, I did make anew topic about it though:
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=173756&view=findpost&p=1085781"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1085781[/url]
hmm I had a similar issue, I did make anew topic about it though:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1085781

Posted 07/10/2010 01:45 PM   
Mankhan, if it can save other settings for you, like changing 3D settings, then you didn't/don't have the same problem as the rest of us apparently did/do, so that fix wouldn't do it for you. It was meant only if Nvidia Control Panel keeps reverting back your settings. From what I read in your post, it can save the setting for you, it's just that you don't see any significant improvement when you change it.

I don't have Blue-Ray drive, so I can't know what impact changing the color range setting it has on Blue-Ray movies. The dynamic range is for preserving black and white details of the video, so I think you might not see any improvements on the video quality. Based on the video, the best you can hope to achieve is more details in light and dark areas (ie. you can see what's going on in the dark). I think you could get better viewing results by tweaking video controls of your player (if it has any). But that's not the story for this thread.
Mankhan, if it can save other settings for you, like changing 3D settings, then you didn't/don't have the same problem as the rest of us apparently did/do, so that fix wouldn't do it for you. It was meant only if Nvidia Control Panel keeps reverting back your settings. From what I read in your post, it can save the setting for you, it's just that you don't see any significant improvement when you change it.

I don't have Blue-Ray drive, so I can't know what impact changing the color range setting it has on Blue-Ray movies. The dynamic range is for preserving black and white details of the video, so I think you might not see any improvements on the video quality. Based on the video, the best you can hope to achieve is more details in light and dark areas (ie. you can see what's going on in the dark). I think you could get better viewing results by tweaking video controls of your player (if it has any). But that's not the story for this thread.

Posted 07/10/2010 02:15 PM   
I have a similiar issue here:

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=173706"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=173706[/url]
I have a similiar issue here:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=173706

Posted 07/10/2010 04:58 PM   
[quote name='gyrocog' post='1085605' date='Jul 9 2010, 08:45 PM']Had the same issue today. Here's a possible way how to fix it...

That did it for me. Hope it helps you, guys. Good luck.[/quote]

I can't get the "Manage 3D settings" to save either with the 257.15 drivers, they revert back to default when i close control panel. There's no way I'm going thru all those steps just to [i]try[/i] to see if it works. I expect nvidia to fix this problem in due course.
[quote name='gyrocog' post='1085605' date='Jul 9 2010, 08:45 PM']Had the same issue today. Here's a possible way how to fix it...

I can't get the "Manage 3D settings" to save either with the 257.15 drivers, they revert back to default when i close control panel. There's no way I'm going thru all those steps just to try to see if it works. I expect nvidia to fix this problem in due course.

Posted 07/11/2010 08:15 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top