GeForce 9400GT Overheating
Three months ago , my computer died.I had no idea what happened.Three months I've been trying to fix it myself (It wasn't really a priority).After three months of trying to find the problem myself , i decided to take the computer to someone who was specialized in these things.After like three days the repair guy called and told me that the GPU was dead.I was really suspicious of Windows 7 - my computer GPU died about a month after I installed Windows 7 (the RC at that time).Three weeks later , i got a new card - the MSI Nvidia GeForce 9400GT.Everything was fine again -- until i got a BSOD while playing TF2.I asked a friend what could be a cause and he said that i should check my GPU temperature.He was right.It was 68c while idle and 80c while playing TF2 and other games.I would really appreciate it if someone helped me.

P.S : WTF ? Is it normal for Windows 7 to do this ????
Three months ago , my computer died.I had no idea what happened.Three months I've been trying to fix it myself (It wasn't really a priority).After three months of trying to find the problem myself , i decided to take the computer to someone who was specialized in these things.After like three days the repair guy called and told me that the GPU was dead.I was really suspicious of Windows 7 - my computer GPU died about a month after I installed Windows 7 (the RC at that time).Three weeks later , i got a new card - the MSI Nvidia GeForce 9400GT.Everything was fine again -- until i got a BSOD while playing TF2.I asked a friend what could be a cause and he said that i should check my GPU temperature.He was right.It was 68c while idle and 80c while playing TF2 and other games.I would really appreciate it if someone helped me.

P.S : WTF ? Is it normal for Windows 7 to do this ????

Posted 12/29/2009 08:02 PM   
[quote name='Vegan' post='972260' date='Dec 29 2009, 09:39 PM']If I am not mistaken the 9400 is a modest card that is not suited for demanding games.

My 8600GT is not working with Windows 7 and 195.62 drivers, so I am back to an old ATI until stable drivers surface.

AS long as the GPU is not more than 85C it should be fine. IF you see a BSOD look to see if the NVIDIA driver has failed as this seems to be a problem with the current driver on a lot of systems.[/quote]

Yes , it sucks - i have to run TF2 on 800x600 in order to get a regular frame rate.

When i was playing tf2 the temperature was 80c

Can i play ? Should I be worried ?
[quote name='Vegan' post='972260' date='Dec 29 2009, 09:39 PM']If I am not mistaken the 9400 is a modest card that is not suited for demanding games.

My 8600GT is not working with Windows 7 and 195.62 drivers, so I am back to an old ATI until stable drivers surface.

AS long as the GPU is not more than 85C it should be fine. IF you see a BSOD look to see if the NVIDIA driver has failed as this seems to be a problem with the current driver on a lot of systems.

Yes , it sucks - i have to run TF2 on 800x600 in order to get a regular frame rate.

When i was playing tf2 the temperature was 80c

Can i play ? Should I be worried ?

Posted 12/29/2009 09:34 PM   
Can anyone help ?? FFS this is suppoased to be the official NVidia forum , AND NOONE CAN HELP ??? C'mon guys !!!!
Can anyone help ?? FFS this is suppoased to be the official NVidia forum , AND NOONE CAN HELP ??? C'mon guys !!!!

Posted 01/04/2010 12:07 AM   
[quote name='Cookiedoh' post='974969' date='Jan 3 2010, 06:07 PM']Can anyone help ?? FFS this is suppoased to be the official NVidia forum , AND NOONE CAN HELP ??? C'mon guys !!!![/quote]

Dont worry
[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400gt_us.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400gt_us.html[/url]

Thermal and Power Specs:
Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 105 C this is for a GeForce 9400 << this is the dangerous temp

The DEATHLY temp is 125°c

so you are by far safe dont worry

I configured in BIOS my card to Turbo <Some sort of Over clocking for noobs xD> and run assassins creed II for long hours and my card only got 85°c
this is a normal temp for a working 9400, so dont worry

One year latexD sorry
[quote name='Cookiedoh' post='974969' date='Jan 3 2010, 06:07 PM']Can anyone help ?? FFS this is suppoased to be the official NVidia forum , AND NOONE CAN HELP ??? C'mon guys !!!!

Dont worry

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400gt_us.html

Thermal and Power Specs:

Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 105 C this is for a GeForce 9400 << this is the dangerous temp

The DEATHLY temp is 125°c

so you are by far safe dont worry

I configured in BIOS my card to Turbo <Some sort of Over clocking for noobs xD> and run assassins creed II for long hours and my card only got 85°c

this is a normal temp for a working 9400, so dont worry

One year latexD sorry

Posted 07/07/2010 02:02 AM   
Scroll To Top