8600M GS - HDMI no audio
i've got a GeForce 8600M GS in my HP pavilion dv9724TX. to begin with i didnt have a HD TV so i used the S-Video and audio cable to play movies ect on the TV. but recently we upgraded and i got a HDMI cable to use with the laptop. the problem is i get no audio. i tried with a different laptop so i know the TV and HDMI cable are fine. but everywhere i've looked online says to make the HDMI audio output defult in the sound option in contol panel. but the problem is that that option doesnt exist. i only have "Speakers" which is defult and "Realtek Digital Output" which doesnt work either. can anyone help with getting the HDMI audio option back?

Thanks in advance.
i've got a GeForce 8600M GS in my HP pavilion dv9724TX. to begin with i didnt have a HD TV so i used the S-Video and audio cable to play movies ect on the TV. but recently we upgraded and i got a HDMI cable to use with the laptop. the problem is i get no audio. i tried with a different laptop so i know the TV and HDMI cable are fine. but everywhere i've looked online says to make the HDMI audio output defult in the sound option in contol panel. but the problem is that that option doesnt exist. i only have "Speakers" which is defult and "Realtek Digital Output" which doesnt work either. can anyone help with getting the HDMI audio option back?

Thanks in advance.

Posted 12/26/2009 12:48 PM   
It's a huge problem with the 19X.xx drivers. revert to an older driver set and you should get HDMI audio back, but you may notice other problems elsewhere. Nvidia has been mum on this for a number of driver releases...
It's a huge problem with the 19X.xx drivers. revert to an older driver set and you should get HDMI audio back, but you may notice other problems elsewhere. Nvidia has been mum on this for a number of driver releases...

Posted 12/26/2009 05:59 PM   
okay i got it fixed now. i reverted back to the 179.48 for notebooks driver. i plugged in the HDMI and still no audio so i went to the "sound" option in control panel and HDMI audio still wasnt there. but i set "realtek digital output" as default and the audio worked. i tried this before with the newest drivers but it still didnt work. so i'm very happy that it works now.
okay i got it fixed now. i reverted back to the 179.48 for notebooks driver. i plugged in the HDMI and still no audio so i went to the "sound" option in control panel and HDMI audio still wasnt there. but i set "realtek digital output" as default and the audio worked. i tried this before with the newest drivers but it still didnt work. so i'm very happy that it works now.

Posted 12/31/2009 05:52 AM   
[quote name='It30rivers' post='973026' date='Dec 31 2009, 06:52 AM']okay i got it fixed now. i reverted back to the 179.48 for notebooks driver. i plugged in the HDMI and still no audio so i went to the "sound" option in control panel and HDMI audio still wasnt there. but i set "realtek digital output" as default and the audio worked. i tried this before with the newest drivers but it still didnt work. so i'm very happy that it works now.[/quote]

I have the same problem, where did you find 179.48 driver? do you know if it will work on win7?
[quote name='It30rivers' post='973026' date='Dec 31 2009, 06:52 AM']okay i got it fixed now. i reverted back to the 179.48 for notebooks driver. i plugged in the HDMI and still no audio so i went to the "sound" option in control panel and HDMI audio still wasnt there. but i set "realtek digital output" as default and the audio worked. i tried this before with the newest drivers but it still didnt work. so i'm very happy that it works now.

I have the same problem, where did you find 179.48 driver? do you know if it will work on win7?

Posted 01/01/2010 12:34 PM   
[quote name='yoxler' post='973643' date='Jan 1 2010, 10:34 PM']I have the same problem, where did you find 179.48 driver? do you know if it will work on win7?[/quote]

yeah i do actually have windows 7. i also found the driver on the NVIDIA website.

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us"]http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us[/url]

thats the link for the archived driver search. for product series use 8M series for notebooks. but i have the 8600M GS but its not in the list however selecting 8600M GT does the same thing :)
[quote name='yoxler' post='973643' date='Jan 1 2010, 10:34 PM']I have the same problem, where did you find 179.48 driver? do you know if it will work on win7?

yeah i do actually have windows 7. i also found the driver on the NVIDIA website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

thats the link for the archived driver search. for product series use 8M series for notebooks. but i have the 8600M GS but its not in the list however selecting 8600M GT does the same thing :)

Posted 01/01/2010 12:41 PM   
Scroll To Top