Can't Install 195.62 - 7-zip Data Error
  1 / 3    
Hi,

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, when I try to install 195.62 I get a "7-zip Data Error" message which halts the installation. Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi,

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, when I try to install 195.62 I get a "7-zip Data Error" message which halts the installation. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted 12/21/2009 06:34 AM   
You may have some 3rd party program running in the background which is conflicting with the installer. Try downloading the trial version of Powerarchiver from the URL below:

[url="http://www.powerarchiver.com/"]http://www.powerarchiver.com/[/url]

Then proceed to install the software. Once it has been installed and launched, navigate to the location where the NVIDIA driver is located at. Right-click over the file with your mouse and select "Extract To". Choose which ever destination you prefer and then navigate to that location. Inside, you will find a "setup.exe" file. Double-click on this file to launch the setup and continue with the driver installation. To be on the safe side, you may want to disable any 3rd party programs running in the background which may interfere with the installation such as system monitoring programs or anti-virus software. Once the driver has installed, you may re-enable these programs.
You may have some 3rd party program running in the background which is conflicting with the installer. Try downloading the trial version of Powerarchiver from the URL below:

http://www.powerarchiver.com/

Then proceed to install the software. Once it has been installed and launched, navigate to the location where the NVIDIA driver is located at. Right-click over the file with your mouse and select "Extract To". Choose which ever destination you prefer and then navigate to that location. Inside, you will find a "setup.exe" file. Double-click on this file to launch the setup and continue with the driver installation. To be on the safe side, you may want to disable any 3rd party programs running in the background which may interfere with the installation such as system monitoring programs or anti-virus software. Once the driver has installed, you may re-enable these programs.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 12/21/2009 08:30 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='968213' date='Dec 21 2009, 02:30 AM']You may have some 3rd party program running in the background which is conflicting with the installer. Try downloading the trial version of Powerarchiver from the URL below:

[url="http://www.powerarchiver.com/"]http://www.powerarchiver.com/[/url]

Then proceed to install the software. Once it has been installed and launched, navigate to the location where the NVIDIA driver is located at. Right-click over the file with your mouse and select "Extract To". Choose which ever destination you prefer and then navigate to that location. Inside, you will find a "setup.exe" file. Double-click on this file to launch the setup and continue with the driver installation. To be on the safe side, you may want to disable any 3rd party programs running in the background which may interfere with the installation such as system monitoring programs or anti-virus software. Once the driver has installed, you may re-enable these programs.[/quote]

I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried to get powerarchiver and had issues. I tried winzip and then 7-zip actually got the files extracted, but still having errors. Also tried an older xp machine to see if I could at least get the file extracted. Also tried older versions of the driver package. Fails from windowsupdate also. Shut off Zonealarm also.
[quote name='ManuelG' post='968213' date='Dec 21 2009, 02:30 AM']You may have some 3rd party program running in the background which is conflicting with the installer. Try downloading the trial version of Powerarchiver from the URL below:

http://www.powerarchiver.com/

I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried to get powerarchiver and had issues. I tried winzip and then 7-zip actually got the files extracted, but still having errors. Also tried an older xp machine to see if I could at least get the file extracted. Also tried older versions of the driver package. Fails from windowsupdate also. Shut off Zonealarm also.

Posted 05/05/2010 04:40 PM   
I am experiencing the same issue with driver 258.96 on windows 7 32 bit. I used winrar as an alternate extractor (after trying 7-zip), and winrar reports that about 10-15 files are corrupt in the compressed driver file. Its the driver for the Quadro NVS (notebook) 160M. Any chance you could upload a non-corrupt version, or tell me how to get around this?
I am experiencing the same issue with driver 258.96 on windows 7 32 bit. I used winrar as an alternate extractor (after trying 7-zip), and winrar reports that about 10-15 files are corrupt in the compressed driver file. Its the driver for the Quadro NVS (notebook) 160M. Any chance you could upload a non-corrupt version, or tell me how to get around this?

Posted 10/10/2010 02:17 PM   

Posted 10/10/2010 02:17 PM   
[quote name='daveRe' post='1128808' date='Oct 10 2010, 08:17 AM']I am experiencing the same issue with driver 258.96 on windows 7 32 bit. I used winrar as an alternate extractor (after trying 7-zip), and winrar reports that about 10-15 files are corrupt in the compressed driver file. Its the driver for the Quadro NVS (notebook) 160M. Any chance you could upload a non-corrupt version, or tell me how to get around this?[/quote]

Are you using Google Chrome or Firefox? For some odd reason you have to download using IE. I know it sounds weird but just trust me.
-Mike
[quote name='daveRe' post='1128808' date='Oct 10 2010, 08:17 AM']I am experiencing the same issue with driver 258.96 on windows 7 32 bit. I used winrar as an alternate extractor (after trying 7-zip), and winrar reports that about 10-15 files are corrupt in the compressed driver file. Its the driver for the Quadro NVS (notebook) 160M. Any chance you could upload a non-corrupt version, or tell me how to get around this?

Are you using Google Chrome or Firefox? For some odd reason you have to download using IE. I know it sounds weird but just trust me.

-Mike

Posted 10/11/2010 03:38 PM   
[quote name='daveRe' post='1128808' date='Oct 10 2010, 08:17 AM']I am experiencing the same issue with driver 258.96 on windows 7 32 bit. I used winrar as an alternate extractor (after trying 7-zip), and winrar reports that about 10-15 files are corrupt in the compressed driver file. Its the driver for the Quadro NVS (notebook) 160M. Any chance you could upload a non-corrupt version, or tell me how to get around this?[/quote]

-Mike
[quote name='daveRe' post='1128808' date='Oct 10 2010, 08:17 AM']I am experiencing the same issue with driver 258.96 on windows 7 32 bit. I used winrar as an alternate extractor (after trying 7-zip), and winrar reports that about 10-15 files are corrupt in the compressed driver file. Its the driver for the Quadro NVS (notebook) 160M. Any chance you could upload a non-corrupt version, or tell me how to get around this?

-Mike

Posted 10/11/2010 03:38 PM   
[quote name='aresbowman' post='968179' date='Dec 21 2009, 12:34 AM']Hi,

Thanks[/quote]

I'm having the exact same problem and I'm using IE.

Thanks

Posted 10/18/2010 01:38 PM   

Thanks[/quote]

Thanks

Posted 10/18/2010 01:38 PM   
Which driver do you need? That error appears when the driver download has corrupted. I'll upload it to a personal server and provide you with a link if you can provide me with the driver version you are trying to download.
Which driver do you need? That error appears when the driver download has corrupted. I'll upload it to a personal server and provide you with a link if you can provide me with the driver version you are trying to download.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 10/18/2010 02:34 PM   

Posted 10/18/2010 02:34 PM   
258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql

Posted 10/18/2010 03:26 PM   

Posted 10/18/2010 03:26 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1132596' date='Oct 18 2010, 08:34 AM']Which driver do you need? That error appears when the driver download has corrupted. I'll upload it to a personal server and provide you with a link if you can provide me with the driver version you are trying to download.[/quote]

Have you made any progress on getting this driver available to me? 258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1132596' date='Oct 18 2010, 08:34 AM']Which driver do you need? That error appears when the driver download has corrupted. I'll upload it to a personal server and provide you with a link if you can provide me with the driver version you are trying to download.

Have you made any progress on getting this driver available to me? 258.96_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql

Posted 10/19/2010 05:41 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1132596' date='Oct 18 2010, 08:34 AM']Which driver do you need? That error appears when the driver download has corrupted. I'll upload it to a personal server and provide you with a link if you can provide me with the driver version you are trying to download.[/quote]

[quote name='ManuelG' post='1132596' date='Oct 18 2010, 08:34 AM']Which driver do you need? That error appears when the driver download has corrupted. I'll upload it to a personal server and provide you with a link if you can provide me with the driver version you are trying to download.

Posted 10/19/2010 05:41 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top