Nvidia Geforce 6200 On Windows 7 32-bit
  1 / 2    
sorry my first time posting. pardon me for making any mistakes made.
i recently installed windows 7 ultimate, 32-bit. but after installing the driver provided with my nvidia geforce 6200 8x agp, the driver failed to function.
when i go to driver manager, it shows a small yellow icon stating "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
i have searched and read online that many people encountered similar problems. the only workable solution i have found is to install
the driver for nvidia geforce 5200. although it had worked for me, i was facing problems with the lag and poor graphics on warcraft III.
does anyone know how to fix this? or know of a previous driver that allows nvidia geforce 6200 8x agp to run perfectly on windows 7?

Just giving more info...

Processor : Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.20GHz
Ram : 512MB
System Type : 32-bit Operating System
Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce 6200 8x AGP

This problem is faced by many people. People have been trying to seek solutions for more than a month.
If i still continue to face this problem, i may decide to go back to windows XP. Please help... /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

i recently installed windows 7 ultimate, 32-bit. but after installing the driver provided with my nvidia geforce 6200 8x agp, the driver failed to function.

when i go to driver manager, it shows a small yellow icon stating "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

i have searched and read online that many people encountered similar problems. the only workable solution i have found is to install

the driver for nvidia geforce 5200. although it had worked for me, i was facing problems with the lag and poor graphics on warcraft III.

does anyone know how to fix this? or know of a previous driver that allows nvidia geforce 6200 8x agp to run perfectly on windows 7?

Just giving more info...

This problem is faced by many people. People have been trying to seek solutions for more than a month.

If i still continue to face this problem, i may decide to go back to windows XP. Please help... /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Posted 12/06/2009 08:48 AM   
BUMP!~~~
anyone? please?
BUMP!~~~

anyone? please?

Posted 12/06/2009 06:35 PM   
dude i just got that error code 3 weeks ago, ill try that driver that u said lets see what happend.
dude i just got that error code 3 weeks ago, ill try that driver that u said lets see what happend.

Posted 12/07/2009 04:01 PM   
[quote name='PREDATOR.BR' post='961015' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:01 AM']dude i just got that error code 3 weeks ago, ill try that driver that u said lets see what happend.[/quote]

trust me it will work. but i need to know the solution to the 6200 geforce driver.
[quote name='PREDATOR.BR' post='961015' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:01 AM']dude i just got that error code 3 weeks ago, ill try that driver that u said lets see what happend.

trust me it will work. but i need to know the solution to the 6200 geforce driver.

Posted 12/08/2009 08:08 PM   
BUMP.. OMG
BUMP.. OMG

Posted 12/09/2009 08:09 AM   
The 6200 is the bare minimum for Win 7... Many people report issues with the card not performing on 7.

Sorry to say it, but I would advise you to get a better card. PCI-e is a must for 7.
The 6200 is the bare minimum for Win 7... Many people report issues with the card not performing on 7.

Sorry to say it, but I would advise you to get a better card. PCI-e is a must for 7.
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' post='961952' date='Dec 9 2009, 04:13 PM']The 6200 is the bare minimum for Win 7... Many people report issues with the card not performing on 7.

Sorry to say it, but I would advise you to get a better card. PCI-e is a must for 7.[/quote]

oh.. okay.. but i guess at least the driver they claim to be able to work with windows 7 would. but it didnt
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' post='961952' date='Dec 9 2009, 04:13 PM']The 6200 is the bare minimum for Win 7... Many people report issues with the card not performing on 7.

oh.. okay.. but i guess at least the driver they claim to be able to work with windows 7 would. but it didnt

Posted 12/09/2009 09:04 AM   
Try to install XP drivers for graphic card. That worked for me.
512 mb ram is also a bottleneck for Win 7.
Try to install XP drivers for graphic card. That worked for me.

Posted 12/09/2009 01:16 PM   
[quote name='c123' post='962041' date='Dec 9 2009, 09:16 PM']Try to install XP drivers for graphic card. That worked for me.
512 mb ram is also a bottleneck for Win 7.[/quote]

i did. just that whenever it goes into games or play videos, i get a BSOD.
[quote name='c123' post='962041' date='Dec 9 2009, 09:16 PM']Try to install XP drivers for graphic card. That worked for me.

i did. just that whenever it goes into games or play videos, i get a BSOD.

Posted 12/09/2009 01:22 PM   
ok first off, the 6200 isnt even near the minimum for windows 7. I used to have a 5200 that worked flawlessly. I've run 7 on P3's with 512mb of ram with no issues either. I as well, am having a similar issue with the 6200. When the drivers for the card are installed, Windows 7 no longer boots. it will BSOD and then restart, OR it will hang on a black screen. to install windows vista/7 at all, i have to use the on board video otherwise that will happen. exact same thing for windows vista. the card functions great with windows 2003 and XP which ive used on that machine. but i really need to know a solution to this. you say the 5200 drivers work? how usable is it? does aero work?
ok first off, the 6200 isnt even near the minimum for windows 7. I used to have a 5200 that worked flawlessly. I've run 7 on P3's with 512mb of ram with no issues either. I as well, am having a similar issue with the 6200. When the drivers for the card are installed, Windows 7 no longer boots. it will BSOD and then restart, OR it will hang on a black screen. to install windows vista/7 at all, i have to use the on board video otherwise that will happen. exact same thing for windows vista. the card functions great with windows 2003 and XP which ive used on that machine. but i really need to know a solution to this. you say the 5200 drivers work? how usable is it? does aero work?

Posted 01/14/2011 04:09 AM   
Well one thing i wouldnt use a good operating system with a 7 year old PC
Well one thing i wouldnt use a good operating system with a 7 year old PC

Posted 01/14/2011 04:16 AM   
I would love to help you but I think you already know what you have to do. Your PC is not suited for Windows 7!

f you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor - Check

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit) - Fail!

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit) - Check

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver - Somewhat OK. A 6200 is the bottom of the barrel of OK for Windows 7.

If you want to game with this PC you MUST upgrade your ram!

What driver version are you using? there is a rather large list to choose from on NVIDIA's download page!
I would love to help you but I think you already know what you have to do. Your PC is not suited for Windows 7!

f you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor - Check

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit) - Fail!

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit) - Check

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver - Somewhat OK. A 6200 is the bottom of the barrel of OK for Windows 7.

If you want to game with this PC you MUST upgrade your ram!

What driver version are you using? there is a rather large list to choose from on NVIDIA's download page!

Athlon X2 3800+
ASUS A8N-SLI
4GB Ram DDR-400
PNY GeForce GTS 250
Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Aero Cool 620 Watt PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Posted 01/14/2011 03:24 PM   
[quote name='finfantasy' date='06 December 2009 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1260089323' post='960458']

Just giving more info...

[/quote]

I have basically the same setup on this system and heres what I needed to do to get Warcraft III working. You need to type "regedit" in the search box in the start menu. Then goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/Video. Change the values (Decimal) on refreshrate and cinematic refresh to 60. This is also where you can adjust height and width values to match your screen if the fullscreen isnt right. Then Goto your Warcraft III application. Wherever you installed it. And right click on it. Under Compatability settings click on Change settings for all users. Then check the following boxes. Disable Visual themes, Disable desktop composition, disable display scaling on high dpi settings. Save the changes. Goto http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21220 and download the latest game patch. Your system will support Windows 7 Ultimate and run Avast Internet Security and Warcraft III frozen throne or Diablo II fine at the same time.
[quote name='finfantasy' date='06 December 2009 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1260089323' post='960458']

Just giving more info...

I have basically the same setup on this system and heres what I needed to do to get Warcraft III working. You need to type "regedit" in the search box in the start menu. Then goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/Video. Change the values (Decimal) on refreshrate and cinematic refresh to 60. This is also where you can adjust height and width values to match your screen if the fullscreen isnt right. Then Goto your Warcraft III application. Wherever you installed it. And right click on it. Under Compatability settings click on Change settings for all users. Then check the following boxes. Disable Visual themes, Disable desktop composition, disable display scaling on high dpi settings. Save the changes. Goto http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21220 and download the latest game patch. Your system will support Windows 7 Ultimate and run Avast Internet Security and Warcraft III frozen throne or Diablo II fine at the same time.

Posted 12/05/2011 05:27 PM   
[quote name='Computer Chuck' date='05 December 2011 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1323106048' post='1337930']
[/quote]
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 You will also need to install Direct x as well.
[quote name='Computer Chuck' date='05 December 2011 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1323106048' post='1337930']

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
You will also need to install Direct x as well.

Posted 12/05/2011 05:30 PM   
why bumped old threads man. I used to have a 6200 too in the same year then upgraded for 9500gt and recently upgraded for gtx460.
why bumped old threads man. I used to have a 6200 too in the same year then upgraded for 9500gt and recently upgraded for gtx460.

Posted 12/05/2011 07:17 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top