nvcplui.exe not found
Cannot find nvcplui.exe when I try to access Nvidia Physx Properties either from Start Menu or Windows Control Panel. Please fix this issue.
Cannot find nvcplui.exe when I try to access Nvidia Physx Properties either from Start Menu or Windows Control Panel. Please fix this issue.

Posted 12/03/2009 02:35 AM   
It sounds like the nvidia installer didn't finish installation, by interruption? Uninstall any and ALL NVIDIA files, and start over? Make sure you are installing the correct versions for your operating system... Start with forceware if you have nvidia mobo, then graphics drivers. With xp 32/64, Vista 32/64 and now Win7 32/64 drivers out there, make sure you have the right versions? Win7 drivers for Win XP, for example, won't work in most cases! Neither will 64-bit drivers work on most 32-bit installations?

I'm running Win7 64-bit, and had to do some remove/reinstalls to get all my drivers updated and working, then get control panel back, with my old system performance installed? Control panel should install just with a clean graphics driver install?

Hope this helps?
It sounds like the nvidia installer didn't finish installation, by interruption? Uninstall any and ALL NVIDIA files, and start over? Make sure you are installing the correct versions for your operating system... Start with forceware if you have nvidia mobo, then graphics drivers. With xp 32/64, Vista 32/64 and now Win7 32/64 drivers out there, make sure you have the right versions? Win7 drivers for Win XP, for example, won't work in most cases! Neither will 64-bit drivers work on most 32-bit installations?

I'm running Win7 64-bit, and had to do some remove/reinstalls to get all my drivers updated and working, then get control panel back, with my old system performance installed? Control panel should install just with a clean graphics driver install?

Hope this helps?

Posted 12/03/2009 09:41 AM   
I have done a clean install of 195.62 after uninstalling all the old NVIDIA drivers including PhysX and 3D Stereo and it was completed but the nvcplui.exe is no longer in the C:\Windows\System32 directory but is in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client but the PhysX properties link is still trying to look for nvcplui.exe in the C:\Windows\System32 directory. The NVIDIA Control Panel link works but the PhyX link is broken. I can only access PhysX directly from the NVIDIA Control Panel.
[quote name='Old Fart' post='959030' date='Dec 3 2009, 04:41 AM']It sounds like the nvidia installer didn't finish installation, by interruption? Uninstall any and ALL NVIDIA files, and start over? Make sure you are installing the correct versions for your operating system... Start with forceware if you have nvidia mobo, then graphics drivers. With xp 32/64, Vista 32/64 and now Win7 32/64 drivers out there, make sure you have the right versions? Win7 drivers for Win XP, for example, won't work in most cases! Neither will 64-bit drivers work on most 32-bit installations?

Hope this helps?[/quote]
I have done a clean install of 195.62 after uninstalling all the old NVIDIA drivers including PhysX and 3D Stereo and it was completed but the nvcplui.exe is no longer in the C:\Windows\System32 directory but is in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client but the PhysX properties link is still trying to look for nvcplui.exe in the C:\Windows\System32 directory. The NVIDIA Control Panel link works but the PhyX link is broken. I can only access PhysX directly from the NVIDIA Control Panel.

[quote name='Old Fart' post='959030' date='Dec 3 2009, 04:41 AM']It sounds like the nvidia installer didn't finish installation, by interruption? Uninstall any and ALL NVIDIA files, and start over? Make sure you are installing the correct versions for your operating system... Start with forceware if you have nvidia mobo, then graphics drivers. With xp 32/64, Vista 32/64 and now Win7 32/64 drivers out there, make sure you have the right versions? Win7 drivers for Win XP, for example, won't work in most cases! Neither will 64-bit drivers work on most 32-bit installations?

Hope this helps?

Posted 12/03/2009 06:23 PM   
When you copy the nvclpui.exe from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client to C:\Windows\System32 it works and the error message is gone. :)

I have had the same bug, but with the copy operation it's working for me.
When you copy the nvclpui.exe from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client to C:\Windows\System32 it works and the error message is gone. :)

Posted 12/03/2009 07:29 PM   
[quote name='Larix' post='959222' date='Dec 3 2009, 11:29 AM']When you copy the nvclpui.exe from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client to C:\Windows\System32 it works and the error message is gone. :)

I have had the same bug, but with the copy operation it's working for me.[/quote]

i was going to do this but what happens when you update the driver dose that copy file leave to or stay in there? just curious cause this just might be the fix i need.
[quote name='Larix' post='959222' date='Dec 3 2009, 11:29 AM']When you copy the nvclpui.exe from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client to C:\Windows\System32 it works and the error message is gone. :)

i was going to do this but what happens when you update the driver dose that copy file leave to or stay in there? just curious cause this just might be the fix i need.

Alienware X51
Mainboard Alienware
BIOS Version/Date Alienware A14, 11/4/2013
OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Cpu Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram 8.00 GB DDR3
On board sound Realtek ALC892 High-Definition Audio Driver
On Board Intel HD 400 Graphics NVIDIA Optimus
PNY Geforce GTX 660Ti XLR8 Performance Edition 2048MB GDDR5
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster S27B550
Secondary Monitor Sony Bravia KDL-BX450

Posted 12/03/2009 09:18 PM   
I have this problem to, what does it mean? What can't I do because of this error.
I have this problem to, what does it mean? What can't I do because of this error.

Posted 12/16/2009 05:45 AM   
[quote name='Larix' post='959222' date='Dec 4 2009, 12:59 AM']When you copy the nvclpui.exe from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client to C:\Windows\System32 it works and the error message is gone. :)

I have had the same bug, but with the copy operation it's working for me.[/quote]

doing above will bring the same PhysX Configuration Control Panel, it wont display the PhysX Properties.

[b]Just Pointing its Shortcut to [i]C:\Windows\System32\PhysXCplUI.exe[/i] will resolve the issue permanently and bring the Original PhysX Properties you need. [/b]

Note: Do the same for Windows7 or Vista for similar issue. If still have some problem then visit forum.whitehatGuru.net
[quote name='Larix' post='959222' date='Dec 4 2009, 12:59 AM']When you copy the nvclpui.exe from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client to C:\Windows\System32 it works and the error message is gone. :)

doing above will bring the same PhysX Configuration Control Panel, it wont display the PhysX Properties.

Just Pointing its Shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\PhysXCplUI.exe will resolve the issue permanently and bring the Original PhysX Properties you need.

Note: Do the same for Windows7 or Vista for similar issue. If still have some problem then visit forum.whitehatGuru.net

Posted 04/08/2010 08:21 PM   
[quote name='whitehatGuru' post='1036404' date='Apr 8 2010, 10:21 PM']doing above will bring the same PhysX Configuration Control Panel, it wont display the PhysX Properties.

[b]Just Pointing its Shortcut to [i]C:\Windows\System32\PhysXCplUI.exe[/i] will resolve the issue permanently and bring the Original PhysX Properties you need. [/b]

Note: Do the same for Windows7 or Vista for similar issue. If still have some problem then visit forum.whitehatGuru.net[/quote]

(for search engine reference: "PROBLEM WITH PHYSX INSTALLATION / UNINSTALLATION - NEWER VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED")

I have similar problems with physx since today, when i tried installing latest nvidia drivers.
I own a gtx 295 and run it on win7 64b, ultimate.

1.) My physx settings cannot be run from start menu : programs -> NVIDIA Corporation-nv28699 -> physx properties, file xy( nvcplui.exe) is not found.
- I tried the solution with copy pasting files. It worked, however it worked wrong :P How i know: I found that the target that the link is pointing at does not point at [path]\nvcplui.exe but at [path]\PhysXCplUI.exe. I found this file in my windows/system32 dir. HOWEVER (and this is a bizarre problem): i can find the file with my total commander , but not with windows explorer. So when i try to link the target at this file, the file cannot be found. Weird huh? Bottom line, my primary partition is cluttered with physx files, control panel thinks i dont have physx, so does my system, but nvidia control panel happily offer me complete physx support and games show no physx running. EDIT: Oh and total commander finds physx files in windows\system32 dir, but windows explorer doesnt.

2) My computer can no longer detect having physx installed. Only the nvidia control panel still claims i can turn physx on or off, but games dont show it in action. The windows CP does not have an entry called "nvidia physx" so that i could uninstall / repair it, however wheenver i try to run a physx installer package OR a complete nvidia driver set (197.13 as latest) the setup failes to complete the physx installation because "it has found a newer version already installed". If I right click the MSI file and "repair or "uninstall" , both procedures terminate with same error.

3) my games can not detect physx as of today's driver reinstallation. I first became aware of the problem when i bought my copy of mirrors edge today and tried running it after a driver reinstallation. Whenever glass particles were generated, the game started to lag and stutter badly. That's when i started checking the physx. It seems my gfx wasnt computing the physx. A tleast that's how i explain it.

4) tests with games i could run before today with physx: Batman- arkham asylum, sacred 2, ut3, bad company 2 (if it utilizes physx...). Havent tried the last 2, but batman doesnt work for me anymore and sacred 2 was always iffy with physx anyways.

What i've tried to get the full nvidia driver package to work, including physx: (all uninstalls made with safe uninstaller (windows 7 manager))
reinstalling all nvidia drivers - no success
uninstalling physx, safe mode, uninstalling all nvidia stuff, driver sweeper, double reboot to win7 normal, installing latest drivers. - no success

googling, thinking, looking for help elsewhere...

The only solution i could find was from someone who did a driver rollback. I havent tried the option yet, as i hate driver rollbacks from M$... but i might just as well do it now.

Unless some1 has a better suggestion.
[quote name='whitehatGuru' post='1036404' date='Apr 8 2010, 10:21 PM']doing above will bring the same PhysX Configuration Control Panel, it wont display the PhysX Properties.

Just Pointing its Shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\PhysXCplUI.exe will resolve the issue permanently and bring the Original PhysX Properties you need.

(for search engine reference: "PROBLEM WITH PHYSX INSTALLATION / UNINSTALLATION - NEWER VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED")

I have similar problems with physx since today, when i tried installing latest nvidia drivers.

I own a gtx 295 and run it on win7 64b, ultimate.

1.) My physx settings cannot be run from start menu : programs -> NVIDIA Corporation-nv28699 -> physx properties, file xy( nvcplui.exe) is not found.

- I tried the solution with copy pasting files. It worked, however it worked wrong :P How i know: I found that the target that the link is pointing at does not point at [path]\nvcplui.exe but at [path]\PhysXCplUI.exe. I found this file in my windows/system32 dir. HOWEVER (and this is a bizarre problem): i can find the file with my total commander , but not with windows explorer. So when i try to link the target at this file, the file cannot be found. Weird huh? Bottom line, my primary partition is cluttered with physx files, control panel thinks i dont have physx, so does my system, but nvidia control panel happily offer me complete physx support and games show no physx running. EDIT: Oh and total commander finds physx files in windows\system32 dir, but windows explorer doesnt.

2) My computer can no longer detect having physx installed. Only the nvidia control panel still claims i can turn physx on or off, but games dont show it in action. The windows CP does not have an entry called "nvidia physx" so that i could uninstall / repair it, however wheenver i try to run a physx installer package OR a complete nvidia driver set (197.13 as latest) the setup failes to complete the physx installation because "it has found a newer version already installed". If I right click the MSI file and "repair or "uninstall" , both procedures terminate with same error.

3) my games can not detect physx as of today's driver reinstallation. I first became aware of the problem when i bought my copy of mirrors edge today and tried running it after a driver reinstallation. Whenever glass particles were generated, the game started to lag and stutter badly. That's when i started checking the physx. It seems my gfx wasnt computing the physx. A tleast that's how i explain it.

4) tests with games i could run before today with physx: Batman- arkham asylum, sacred 2, ut3, bad company 2 (if it utilizes physx...). Havent tried the last 2, but batman doesnt work for me anymore and sacred 2 was always iffy with physx anyways.

What i've tried to get the full nvidia driver package to work, including physx: (all uninstalls made with safe uninstaller (windows 7 manager))

reinstalling all nvidia drivers - no success

uninstalling physx, safe mode, uninstalling all nvidia stuff, driver sweeper, double reboot to win7 normal, installing latest drivers. - no success

googling, thinking, looking for help elsewhere...

The only solution i could find was from someone who did a driver rollback. I havent tried the option yet, as i hate driver rollbacks from M$... but i might just as well do it now.

Unless some1 has a better suggestion.

Posted 04/09/2010 11:31 PM   
I am having the same problem "Cannot find nvcplui.exe when I try to access NVidia PhysX Properties either from Start Menu or Windows Control Panel" I just purchased an asus g51jx-3d and the glasses kit is not the same as sold in stores or on Newegg. It did not come with install disks and more importantly to me is it didn't come with the VESA 3-pin stereo cable. I have a Mitsubishi 73" dlp tv and I would love to get it hooked up for 3d. I also haven't been able to register my product yet, tried to but got a prompt that i was not inputting the part number in the correct format, I could swear I was (all numbers) I tried many times. Any chance I could get NVidia to send me disks and cables? please?
I am having the same problem "Cannot find nvcplui.exe when I try to access NVidia PhysX Properties either from Start Menu or Windows Control Panel" I just purchased an asus g51jx-3d and the glasses kit is not the same as sold in stores or on Newegg. It did not come with install disks and more importantly to me is it didn't come with the VESA 3-pin stereo cable. I have a Mitsubishi 73" dlp tv and I would love to get it hooked up for 3d. I also haven't been able to register my product yet, tried to but got a prompt that i was not inputting the part number in the correct format, I could swear I was (all numbers) I tried many times. Any chance I could get NVidia to send me disks and cables? please?

Posted 08/09/2010 02:06 PM   

Posted 08/09/2010 02:06 PM   
Scroll To Top