Screen turning black and white
Suddenly my screen is turning black and white about 10 seconds after logging in but works fine in safe mode. I have dual GeForce 9800 GTX cards and my OS is Vista Home Premium.
Suddenly my screen is turning black and white about 10 seconds after logging in but works fine in safe mode. I have dual GeForce 9800 GTX cards and my OS is Vista Home Premium.

Posted 11/27/2009 05:23 PM   
See my answer to your other post
See my answer to your other post

Posted 12/22/2009 02:59 PM   
[quote name='Jcstone' post='956517' date='Nov 27 2009, 12:23 PM']Suddenly my screen is turning black and white about 10 seconds after logging in but works fine in safe mode. I have dual GeForce 9800 GTX cards and my OS is Vista Home Premium.[/quote]

This happened to me. I just came home today and my screen is black & white with a couple of glimpses of color during start up. I tried different monitors and I just updated my graphic drivers to no avail. I have searched the net for hours with no info on it. I am running a GeForce 9800 GTX as well. Help!
[quote name='Jcstone' post='956517' date='Nov 27 2009, 12:23 PM']Suddenly my screen is turning black and white about 10 seconds after logging in but works fine in safe mode. I have dual GeForce 9800 GTX cards and my OS is Vista Home Premium.

This happened to me. I just came home today and my screen is black & white with a couple of glimpses of color during start up. I tried different monitors and I just updated my graphic drivers to no avail. I have searched the net for hours with no info on it. I am running a GeForce 9800 GTX as well. Help!

Posted 01/22/2010 05:08 AM   
[quote name='killer_fear' post='986014' date='Jan 21 2010, 11:08 PM']This happened to me. I just came home today and my screen is black & white with a couple of glimpses of color during start up. I tried different monitors and I just updated my graphic drivers to no avail. I have searched the net for hours with no info on it. I am running a GeForce 9800 GTX as well. Help![/quote]

I am also have this same issue with the black and white. I DLed the newest drivers as well did not work. Any info on this would help, thanks.
[quote name='killer_fear' post='986014' date='Jan 21 2010, 11:08 PM']This happened to me. I just came home today and my screen is black & white with a couple of glimpses of color during start up. I tried different monitors and I just updated my graphic drivers to no avail. I have searched the net for hours with no info on it. I am running a GeForce 9800 GTX as well. Help!

I am also have this same issue with the black and white. I DLed the newest drivers as well did not work. Any info on this would help, thanks.

Posted 01/22/2010 01:51 PM   
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=157330&hl=black,and,white"]See other thread[/url]
See other thread

Posted 01/25/2010 04:02 PM   
I am having the same issue on a 9800GX2, and I have been running fine with the latest drivers since their release. This morning I start up and now my secondary monitor is black and white. It is not the digital vibrance issue because when I set it back to 50 and hit apply, it reverts back to 0.

Very frustrating
I am having the same issue on a 9800GX2, and I have been running fine with the latest drivers since their release. This morning I start up and now my secondary monitor is black and white. It is not the digital vibrance issue because when I set it back to 50 and hit apply, it reverts back to 0.

Very frustrating

Posted 03/18/2010 11:40 PM   
[quote name='AlphaJoe' post='1022351' date='Mar 18 2010, 07:40 PM']I am having the same issue on a 9800GX2, and I have been running fine with the latest drivers since their release. This morning I start up and now my secondary monitor is black and white. It is not the digital vibrance issue because when I set it back to 50 and hit apply, it reverts back to 0.

Very frustrating[/quote]

Ok, I am replying to my own post. This is what I had to do to get it to work. First I shut down the system and unplugged the secondary monitor. I then fired up and let it boot without a secondary monitor. I shut back down and plugged in the secondary again, then powered back up. When it came on, it didn't activate the secondary monitor, so I went in to the nVidia display controls which showed that the monitor was connected but not active. I activated the monitor and it came up black and white again. However, this time when I went to the color settings, all of the controls were active for me to adjust. I pushed the digital vibrance back to 50 and this time it held on when I applied it. In my prior post, I forgot to mention that when I had the secondary monitor selected, all of the Brightness, Contrast, etc... controls were grayed out and the Digital Vibrance would not change anything.

Sheesh...what a pain that was.
[quote name='AlphaJoe' post='1022351' date='Mar 18 2010, 07:40 PM']I am having the same issue on a 9800GX2, and I have been running fine with the latest drivers since their release. This morning I start up and now my secondary monitor is black and white. It is not the digital vibrance issue because when I set it back to 50 and hit apply, it reverts back to 0.

Very frustrating

Ok, I am replying to my own post. This is what I had to do to get it to work. First I shut down the system and unplugged the secondary monitor. I then fired up and let it boot without a secondary monitor. I shut back down and plugged in the secondary again, then powered back up. When it came on, it didn't activate the secondary monitor, so I went in to the nVidia display controls which showed that the monitor was connected but not active. I activated the monitor and it came up black and white again. However, this time when I went to the color settings, all of the controls were active for me to adjust. I pushed the digital vibrance back to 50 and this time it held on when I applied it. In my prior post, I forgot to mention that when I had the secondary monitor selected, all of the Brightness, Contrast, etc... controls were grayed out and the Digital Vibrance would not change anything.

Sheesh...what a pain that was.

Posted 03/19/2010 12:08 AM   
Scroll To Top