Batman Arkham Asylum Full Version "Failed to initialize NVIDIA PhysX. Please install the latest
Hi there.
I purchased the collections edition of Batman Arkham Asylum around 2 weeks ago.
Installed it, and it worked fine.
Installed the patch when it came out, and it works fine.
I didn't play it for a few days (Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 FTW), and now, it wont launch.
I just get the error message: "Failed to initialize NVIDIA PhysX. Please install the latest NVIDIA PhysX system software."

I have the latest PhysX v909.08.14, as well as the latest nVidia drivers for my card.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the game (with and without the 1.1 patch), and the drivers over and over.
I have also tried to make it work running PhysX through my GPU, the CPU or the actual PhysX chip I have.
Nothing works.
Please help.

I am running:
Windows Vista 32
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4
2x GeForce 8800MGTX 512mb in SLI (note the M, yes it's a laptop, so I can't download the 191 drivers that seem to make this problem go awya for everyone else.)
4gig DDR2 Ram
PhysX 100 Series processor.
Hi there.

I didn't play it for a few days (Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 FTW), and now, it wont launch.

I just get the error message: "Failed to initialize NVIDIA PhysX. Please install the latest NVIDIA PhysX system software."

I have the latest PhysX v909.08.14, as well as the latest nVidia drivers for my card.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game (with and without the 1.1 patch), and the drivers over and over.

I have also tried to make it work running PhysX through my GPU, the CPU or the actual PhysX chip I have.

Nothing works.

Please help.

I am running:

Windows Vista 32

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4

2x GeForce 8800MGTX 512mb in SLI (note the M, yes it's a laptop, so I can't download the 191 drivers that seem to make this problem go awya for everyone else.)

4gig DDR2 Ram

Posted 11/23/2009 10:30 AM   
[quote name='Nyfie' post='954544' date='Nov 23 2009, 05:30 PM']Hi there.

Nothing works.
Please help.

I am running:
Windows Vista 32
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4
4gig DDR2 Ram
PhysX 100 Series processor.[/quote]

hmm.. maybe there are some problem with your computer.
Do you use cracked version of game (any game installed on your computer).
[quote name='Nyfie' post='954544' date='Nov 23 2009, 05:30 PM']Hi there.

Nothing works.

Please help.

I am running:

Windows Vista 32

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4

4gig DDR2 Ram

hmm.. maybe there are some problem with your computer.

Posted 11/23/2009 11:16 AM   
[quote name='ahmad69' post='954555' date='Nov 23 2009, 09:16 PM']hmm.. maybe there are some problem with your computer.
Do you use cracked version of game (any game installed on your computer).[/quote]

Nope. I don't use a crack for this game, or any game I own.
On that note I don't have Daemon drives or antyhing like that installed.
And I haven't changed anything on my computer between that week that would have made it stop working.
It's driving me nuts, I was about 50% through the game :(
[quote name='ahmad69' post='954555' date='Nov 23 2009, 09:16 PM']hmm.. maybe there are some problem with your computer.

Nope. I don't use a crack for this game, or any game I own.

On that note I don't have Daemon drives or antyhing like that installed.

And I haven't changed anything on my computer between that week that would have made it stop working.

It's driving me nuts, I was about 50% through the game :(

Posted 11/23/2009 09:54 PM   
Link in my sig for the latest drivers for your laptop. Make sure to run a driver cleaner like DriverCleaner.NET or DriverSweeper.
Link in my sig for the latest drivers for your laptop. Make sure to run a driver cleaner like DriverCleaner.NET or DriverSweeper.

Posted 11/27/2009 12:21 PM   
[quote name='Hexen525' post='956413' date='Nov 27 2009, 10:21 PM']Link in my sig for the latest drivers for your laptop. Make sure to run a driver cleaner like DriverCleaner.NET or DriverSweeper.[/quote]

Done.
Still not working. Same message.
I'm going to see if I can get a 3rd party driver, see if that works.
[quote name='Hexen525' post='956413' date='Nov 27 2009, 10:21 PM']Link in my sig for the latest drivers for your laptop. Make sure to run a driver cleaner like DriverCleaner.NET or DriverSweeper.

Done.

Posted 11/28/2009 03:53 AM   
[quote name='Nyfie' post='956734' date='Nov 28 2009, 01:53 PM']Done.
I'm going to see if I can get a 3rd party driver, see if that works.[/quote]

Downloaded and installed the 3rd party drivers DOX v185.85
Works fine now, just like when I first installed it.
Thanks for your help people :)
[quote name='Nyfie' post='956734' date='Nov 28 2009, 01:53 PM']Done.

Posted 11/28/2009 03:59 AM   
[quote name='Nyfie' date='28 November 2009 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1259380760' post='956738']
[/quote]
dude,,i am also having this error
mine is dell xps 15 windows 7 service pack 1
intalled all drivers
..help me out man
[quote name='Nyfie' date='28 November 2009 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1259380760' post='956738']

dude,,i am also having this error

mine is dell xps 15 windows 7 service pack 1

intalled all drivers

..help me out man

Posted 10/26/2011 09:31 PM   
Scroll To Top