No signal using DVI cable with Acer X233H and BFG 9800GTX+
Hello guys. Need some help. I thought it might have been the monitor but exchanged it for another and still having this problem which leads me to believe it's the video card.

I recently finish building my comp about 4 weeks ago.
Antec 900
BFG 9800GTX+
Asus M2N-SLI motherboard
AMD 64 x2 Athlon proc
Windows XP HE SP3
Acer X233H monitor

Originally I set up the computer on a old CRT monitor until I found a nice priced one. Did a fresh install of windows, using my slipstream disk I made. Found a nice monitor at Office Max 23" widescreen for $150, can't beat that. Hooked up the DVI cable to the back of the BFG card and into my new monitor. Started it up and you can see the BIOS, but then the screen goes blank and monitor has "NO SIGNAL" and of course goes into sleep mode. Tried powering down everything, reattaching cables, and still nothing.

If I switch out the cable to VGA cable and using the supplied VGA to DVI adapter the monitor works fine. Took that monitor back to Office Max thinking it was the problem, then gave me a newer one and still same problem.

Any ideas?

**EDIT** forgot to add I have all updated drivers for my BFG card, Asus motherboard, etc.... There's an update through Microsoft for my monitor but it causes my monitor and computer not too boot, so I rolled back my computer before I installed that update.
Hello guys. Need some help. I thought it might have been the monitor but exchanged it for another and still having this problem which leads me to believe it's the video card.

I recently finish building my comp about 4 weeks ago.

Antec 900

BFG 9800GTX+

Asus M2N-SLI motherboard

AMD 64 x2 Athlon proc

Windows XP HE SP3

Acer X233H monitor

Originally I set up the computer on a old CRT monitor until I found a nice priced one. Did a fresh install of windows, using my slipstream disk I made. Found a nice monitor at Office Max 23" widescreen for $150, can't beat that. Hooked up the DVI cable to the back of the BFG card and into my new monitor. Started it up and you can see the BIOS, but then the screen goes blank and monitor has "NO SIGNAL" and of course goes into sleep mode. Tried powering down everything, reattaching cables, and still nothing.

If I switch out the cable to VGA cable and using the supplied VGA to DVI adapter the monitor works fine. Took that monitor back to Office Max thinking it was the problem, then gave me a newer one and still same problem.

Any ideas?

**EDIT** forgot to add I have all updated drivers for my BFG card, Asus motherboard, etc.... There's an update through Microsoft for my monitor but it causes my monitor and computer not too boot, so I rolled back my computer before I installed that update.

Posted 11/21/2009 07:35 PM   
I have 2 XFX 9800 GTX+ cards and I had the same problem (No Video with newer drivers). I had to use 178.xxx Drivers for the video card to work. They would not work with drivers 180.xx and above.

Contact BFG Support and see if you need a Video card BIOS update. This is something they will have to E-mail to you. (You just can't download it from a web site)
I have 2 XFX 9800 GTX+ cards and I had the same problem (No Video with newer drivers). I had to use 178.xxx Drivers for the video card to work. They would not work with drivers 180.xx and above.

Contact BFG Support and see if you need a Video card BIOS update. This is something they will have to E-mail to you. (You just can't download it from a web site)

Posted 11/21/2009 08:07 PM   
Wow, I have this issue too. I thought maybe my DVI cable was broken, but your problem sounds JUST like mine!

I'd like to try another different DVI cable, but if they both don't work, that changes what I was thinking completely.

So weird!
Wow, I have this issue too. I thought maybe my DVI cable was broken, but your problem sounds JUST like mine!

I'd like to try another different DVI cable, but if they both don't work, that changes what I was thinking completely.

So weird!

Posted 11/22/2009 10:32 AM   
ehmm.. in video setting.. you may found dual monitor setting. try to setup 2 monitor (one with DVI and another one with D-Sub) and make the setting view the DVI signaled monitor. After that, reboot your computer and use the DVI output.
hope working
ehmm.. in video setting.. you may found dual monitor setting. try to setup 2 monitor (one with DVI and another one with D-Sub) and make the setting view the DVI signaled monitor. After that, reboot your computer and use the DVI output.

hope working

Posted 11/23/2009 11:28 AM   
Scroll To Top