How to "Remove" a resolution from NVIDIA Control monitor 2 insists on 800 x 600 after rebo
I have a couple display issues I can't seem to get a handle on by conventional means. I'm using a dual monitor setup with two different monitors with separate resolutions. An older ( but most excellent) GS790 ViewSonic 19" CRT, and a Panasonic ED plasma monitor. The Plasma is my number 1 SLI monitor. I run it at 1024 x 768 PC resolution. (it's best for browsing with these old eye's of mine) Running the nVIDIA "recommended" SLI w/ 2x eVGA 9800's 1g on-board ram.

Problem is, besides the difficulties in bouncing in and out of SLI mode (which I am compelled to do) every time I go back to SLI my plasma go's to 800x600 resolution. It continues to do this for awhile before it settles down and boots into the programed 1024 x 768. It's all good after she settles in but soon as I have to go to single adapter mode and back to SLI she go's right back to the 800 x 600 thing. This does not please me. I would love to just "REMOVE" the resolution from the three PC default resolutions listed for my plasma monitor within the nVIDIA Control Panel. There is a "custom resolution" application in the Control Panel but no way to remove default applications. Using Profile settings does not appear to make any dif. I'm not certain why the resolution defaults to the lowest setting ?
Does anyone know how this might be achieved?
I have a couple display issues I can't seem to get a handle on by conventional means. I'm using a dual monitor setup with two different monitors with separate resolutions. An older ( but most excellent) GS790 ViewSonic 19" CRT, and a Panasonic ED plasma monitor. The Plasma is my number 1 SLI monitor. I run it at 1024 x 768 PC resolution. (it's best for browsing with these old eye's of mine) Running the nVIDIA "recommended" SLI w/ 2x eVGA 9800's 1g on-board ram.

Problem is, besides the difficulties in bouncing in and out of SLI mode (which I am compelled to do) every time I go back to SLI my plasma go's to 800x600 resolution. It continues to do this for awhile before it settles down and boots into the programed 1024 x 768. It's all good after she settles in but soon as I have to go to single adapter mode and back to SLI she go's right back to the 800 x 600 thing. This does not please me. I would love to just "REMOVE" the resolution from the three PC default resolutions listed for my plasma monitor within the nVIDIA Control Panel. There is a "custom resolution" application in the Control Panel but no way to remove default applications. Using Profile settings does not appear to make any dif. I'm not certain why the resolution defaults to the lowest setting ?

Does anyone know how this might be achieved?

Posted 11/21/2009 06:19 PM   
Scroll To Top