My card not being recognized by device manager GeForce 9800 GT not recognized by system
Hey guys, this is my first time posting on here. Looks like a neat forum! Anyway, I bought a GeForce 9800 GT card recently, and assembled it into my pc. Before I installed it, I went to device manager and disabled/uninstalled the onboard ATI Radeon X1200 card. I used the DVI-to-VGA adapter and got a No Signal screen on my monitor. Then I used the VGA adapter on the back of the PC, which worked.

When I run the NVidia drivers CD and try to install drivers, it says " The Graphics Adapter installed in the system is not compatible with the current set of drivers. I did some research went to the BIOS and made the primary display be PCI e, that didnt work either, the card does not show up in Device manager. Here is my system specs. Basically my computer is not recognizing the card.
(Being detailed so i dont waste your time back and forth [size=4]:] [/size] )

[b]PC Specs[/b]
Link to the card
[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133304&cm_re=9800%2d%5f%2d14-133-304%2d%5f%2dProduct"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...3-304-_-Product[/url]
motherboard: Asus M2A-VM
powersupply is an NZXT PF400. max output 400 watt ( minimum requirement for the card is 400W)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3 GHz
2 gigs of ram
315Gb's of 469gb hard drive
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Looking forward to getting this running! I am not very experienced in computers, but I'm very interested!
Hey guys, this is my first time posting on here. Looks like a neat forum! Anyway, I bought a GeForce 9800 GT card recently, and assembled it into my pc. Before I installed it, I went to device manager and disabled/uninstalled the onboard ATI Radeon X1200 card. I used the DVI-to-VGA adapter and got a No Signal screen on my monitor. Then I used the VGA adapter on the back of the PC, which worked.

When I run the NVidia drivers CD and try to install drivers, it says " The Graphics Adapter installed in the system is not compatible with the current set of drivers. I did some research went to the BIOS and made the primary display be PCI e, that didnt work either, the card does not show up in Device manager. Here is my system specs. Basically my computer is not recognizing the card.

(Being detailed so i dont waste your time back and forth :] )

PC Specs

Link to the card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...3-304-_-Product

motherboard: Asus M2A-VM

powersupply is an NZXT PF400. max output 400 watt ( minimum requirement for the card is 400W)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3 GHz

2 gigs of ram

315Gb's of 469gb hard drive

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Looking forward to getting this running! I am not very experienced in computers, but I'm very interested!

Posted 11/16/2009 12:55 AM   
Is there a setting in BIOS to disable the onboard video? Disabling it in windows doesn't do anything before it boots. Also, have you tried physically removing and replacing the card? Maybe it's just not seated properly. Also, you do have the PCIe power connector hooked up, right?
Is there a setting in BIOS to disable the onboard video? Disabling it in windows doesn't do anything before it boots. Also, have you tried physically removing and replacing the card? Maybe it's just not seated properly. Also, you do have the PCIe power connector hooked up, right?

[indent]Image

[/indent]
Core i7 920@3850MHz_Corsair H-50 Water Cooler_EVGA X58 132-BL-E758-A1_1xEVGA GTX480 @825.1650.2000_3x2Gb Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20-1T

2x74Gb WD Raptor/RAID0-Windows7 _1x250Gb Seagate 7200.10_Silverstone Strider ST1200 1200w Modular PSU_Coolermaster Cosmos S

Vantage-22876, w/Physx-25636--3DMark06-24844

Posted 11/16/2009 01:11 AM   

--

Thanks for your reply first of all! I physically removed and replaced the card two times, I am positive that isn't the issue. The card doesnt have a PCIe power connector jack, it has a SPDF jack however, which has something to do with the sound (i believe?) . That doesnt supply power does it? Anyway I tried hooking that up, but that did not help. In the BIOS I dont have an option to disable onboard video, I have an option to select the ''primary display'' type, and that is set to PCIe.

I have a question that may sound dumb, but if I had a problem with the PCIe slot not working right, would the graphics card turn on? The fan is running and looks pretty smooth. Also, how can i test to see it isnt the mobo that is the issue? I dont have another computer to install the card on, all my other computers take AGP

--

Thanks for your reply first of all! I physically removed and replaced the card two times, I am positive that isn't the issue. The card doesnt have a PCIe power connector jack, it has a SPDF jack however, which has something to do with the sound (i believe?) . That doesnt supply power does it? Anyway I tried hooking that up, but that did not help. In the BIOS I dont have an option to disable onboard video, I have an option to select the ''primary display'' type, and that is set to PCIe.

I have a question that may sound dumb, but if I had a problem with the PCIe slot not working right, would the graphics card turn on? The fan is running and looks pretty smooth. Also, how can i test to see it isnt the mobo that is the issue? I dont have another computer to install the card on, all my other computers take AGP

Posted 11/16/2009 01:48 AM   
Found this quote in Newegg reviews, don't know if it will help.

"Also, video out defaults to DVI. Make sure you have a DVI monitor available to you so you can change the bios settings if you plan to use VGA."
Found this quote in Newegg reviews, don't know if it will help.

"Also, video out defaults to DVI. Make sure you have a DVI monitor available to you so you can change the bios settings if you plan to use VGA."

[indent]Image

[/indent]
Core i7 920@3850MHz_Corsair H-50 Water Cooler_EVGA X58 132-BL-E758-A1_1xEVGA GTX480 @825.1650.2000_3x2Gb Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20-1T

2x74Gb WD Raptor/RAID0-Windows7 _1x250Gb Seagate 7200.10_Silverstone Strider ST1200 1200w Modular PSU_Coolermaster Cosmos S

Vantage-22876, w/Physx-25636--3DMark06-24844

Posted 11/16/2009 11:16 PM   
If it is not showing up in the Device Manager, it is not a software issue. Have you tried updating the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version?
If it is not showing up in the Device Manager, it is not a software issue. Have you tried updating the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 11/18/2009 05:15 AM   
Yes I have updated BIOS to the latest version.

Is there a way I can test my PCIe slot without inserting another card?
Yes I have updated BIOS to the latest version.

Is there a way I can test my PCIe slot without inserting another card?

Posted 11/19/2009 09:43 PM   
Scroll To Top