MW2 install
Is it just me or what but installing MW2 was a real pain. I already have a Steam account so no problem there. During the install when the Steam account log in box appears and you then enter the activation code the rest of the install seems to be a download rather than the DVD's being accessed at all. I never had to insert disc 2 at all for some reason.

Has any other PC user found this to be the case?? there was no info in the supplied manual but a Read Me filer on disc 1 gave full install details.

No option in the game video settings either for dual video cards unlike the last two COD games.

Apart from that all seems OK so far.
Is it just me or what but installing MW2 was a real pain. I already have a Steam account so no problem there. During the install when the Steam account log in box appears and you then enter the activation code the rest of the install seems to be a download rather than the DVD's being accessed at all. I never had to insert disc 2 at all for some reason.

Has any other PC user found this to be the case?? there was no info in the supplied manual but a Read Me filer on disc 1 gave full install details.

No option in the game video settings either for dual video cards unlike the last two COD games.

Apart from that all seems OK so far.

Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz - MSi Z77 Mpower mobo - 16gb of Samsung Green DDR3 @ 1866mhz - EVGA GTX770 Classified 4gb - Seagate Hybrid drives - Seagate 480gb SSD - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Posted 11/11/2009 07:57 PM   
no mate, my install trggered the steam activation and it pulled the data from the discs, strange !!!

Rick
no mate, my install trggered the steam activation and it pulled the data from the discs, strange !!!

Rick

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Intel i7 980X @4.6 ghz 24/7 1.39v, 6 GB Dom GT CL7, Tri channel, EK'd Asus GTX 680 Sli , Displays : 3 X Hanns-G HG281D 2D Surround, Case, Xigmatek Elysium, Corsair AX 1200W, Win 7 64, 2 x Crucial C300 128gb 6gb/s SSDs Raid 0, 2 x 300 gig WD velociraptors Raid 0, 64 GB Crucial M4 non raid boot drive 6 g/bs, Asus Xonar DX2 Sound, Roccat Kave 5:1 Headset, Track IR Pro, Noctua and TFC Triebwewrk fans controled by Lamptron FC6 black and Zalman ZM-FC1Plus black, Roccat Isku K/B, Steelseries Sensei mouse, Logitech G27 wheel, Custom water cooling, EK FB RE3 full board block , Black Ice GTX 480 Extreme Quad, Black Ice GTX Extreme 360, both rads running TFC Triebwerk mid speeds, Dual loop 3 D5 pumps.

Posted 11/12/2009 12:37 AM   
My installation took 20mins. The installer opened up steam and had me enter in my key. Then it started to install from disc.
My installation took 20mins. The installer opened up steam and had me enter in my key. Then it started to install from disc.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 11/12/2009 04:03 PM   
I had a problem installing that left it sat on "creating game cache files" for hours. My solution might help you too for future reference....

I ended up re-installing steam but also started the install via download then cancelled it after it had created the cache files, then put the disk back in the tray and click re-install and it installed from the disk. Had that with a couple of steam games recently but they've also just released a patch file that supposedly fixes this problem. Hope that helps somebody....
I had a problem installing that left it sat on "creating game cache files" for hours. My solution might help you too for future reference....

I ended up re-installing steam but also started the install via download then cancelled it after it had created the cache files, then put the disk back in the tray and click re-install and it installed from the disk. Had that with a couple of steam games recently but they've also just released a patch file that supposedly fixes this problem. Hope that helps somebody....

"It seems emotional outbursts require more than 1.56 volts" - The Potato (Portal 2)

Intel i5-2500k 4.4GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | ASUS P67 Sabertooth | Palit GTX580 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 2 + 300GB Velociraptor + Spinpoint F3 1TB | OCZ Game-Xstream 850W | CM Cosmos S | Windows 7 64bit | ASUS VG236H 3D Vision | Logitech G15 + G9 | X-Fi 'Fatal1ty' Titanium Pro | Logitech Z2300

Custom LCS | Laing DDC3.2 w/XSPC clear top | BlackIce GT-X360 | EK Supreme HF full nickel | Bitspower Black Drivebay Reservoir | 3/8" Black Tygon R3400 | Red DP Ultra Fluid

3DMark Vantage = 32074 (clicky)

Posted 11/12/2009 04:36 PM   
Scroll To Top