Nvidia 8500 gt problem
Hi All,

I have a Nvidia card GeForce 8500 GT running on Windows XP SP2. I've had computer for over 2 years and did not encounter any problems with video card since last week when i turned on PC at the very begining (before Win XP logo) noticed that there were some pixels that changed original color however Windows loaded normally with no noticeable trace of changes. After couple hours surfing the net pixels of diferent colours started appearing again now right on the browsing window after couple refresh they disappeared but when i returned to desktop it was full of them after several minutes the whole monitor started blinking and i had to reboot PC then stripes of damaged pixels appeared on the screen Win XP logo was practically invisible. Had to restart computer over 20 times to make it usable again. Sometimes blue screen of death comes on saying that smthing wrong with nv4.disp but that only happens when loading windows during XP logo.

Tried the newest drivers and the ones that came originaly with the card seemed to help for a couple of days than again everything started from the begining. Tried cleaning card from dust took it out and put back into its slot. The card is not overheating. The one thing that seems to help is to uninstal drivers and use PC without them but don't know for how long it is going to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi All,

I have a Nvidia card GeForce 8500 GT running on Windows XP SP2. I've had computer for over 2 years and did not encounter any problems with video card since last week when i turned on PC at the very begining (before Win XP logo) noticed that there were some pixels that changed original color however Windows loaded normally with no noticeable trace of changes. After couple hours surfing the net pixels of diferent colours started appearing again now right on the browsing window after couple refresh they disappeared but when i returned to desktop it was full of them after several minutes the whole monitor started blinking and i had to reboot PC then stripes of damaged pixels appeared on the screen Win XP logo was practically invisible. Had to restart computer over 20 times to make it usable again. Sometimes blue screen of death comes on saying that smthing wrong with nv4.disp but that only happens when loading windows during XP logo.

Tried the newest drivers and the ones that came originaly with the card seemed to help for a couple of days than again everything started from the begining. Tried cleaning card from dust took it out and put back into its slot. The card is not overheating. The one thing that seems to help is to uninstal drivers and use PC without them but don't know for how long it is going to work.

Posted 11/10/2009 10:24 PM   
[quote name='Realgazz' post='948919' date='Nov 10 2009, 05:24 PM']Hi All,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Any time you have issues before your OS has loaded thats a sign of a GPU going bad. Looks like you may be looking an RMA if thats possible. Had you changed anything at all around the time this first appeared? A PSU not supplying enough power can cause issues as well but i seriously doubt thats you are seeing being that it happens when not under load.

And welcome to the forums..
[quote name='Realgazz' post='948919' date='Nov 10 2009, 05:24 PM']Hi All,

Any time you have issues before your OS has loaded thats a sign of a GPU going bad. Looks like you may be looking an RMA if thats possible. Had you changed anything at all around the time this first appeared? A PSU not supplying enough power can cause issues as well but i seriously doubt thats you are seeing being that it happens when not under load.

And welcome to the forums..

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 11/10/2009 10:30 PM   
Thanks for extremely fast reply. I also feared that GPU itself is a problem. Found somewhere that BIOS or motherboard update could be a cure will try those first and then decide about upgrade.
Thanks for extremely fast reply. I also feared that GPU itself is a problem. Found somewhere that BIOS or motherboard update could be a cure will try those first and then decide about upgrade.

Posted 11/11/2009 10:02 AM   
Scroll To Top