GT220 & Fermi sli? SLI
Ok, im new here so hello everyone!

Im new to the green giant, i used to be a red so not sure about a few things,

Can i, using two nvidia gpu's get one to render and one to physx?

Im asking as ive sold my red gpu, in anticipation for Fermi, but i need a small nvidia gpu in the mean time as not sure eta on fermi.

It would be great if i could then use this small temporary card as a physx card in conjunction with the Fermi beast,

Am i just wishing into the wind here or can it be done? if so how?

I was thinking the GT 220 would be perfect for this job?

Many thanks in advance!

Ash B
Ok, im new here so hello everyone!

Im new to the green giant, i used to be a red so not sure about a few things,

Can i, using two nvidia gpu's get one to render and one to physx?

Im asking as ive sold my red gpu, in anticipation for Fermi, but i need a small nvidia gpu in the mean time as not sure eta on fermi.

It would be great if i could then use this small temporary card as a physx card in conjunction with the Fermi beast,

Am i just wishing into the wind here or can it be done? if so how?

I was thinking the GT 220 would be perfect for this job?

Many thanks in advance!

Ash B

Posted 11/10/2009 01:43 PM   
sure you can, thats the whole point of a dedicated physx gpu...the thing is im pretty sure your future fermi beast will be more than able to handle both the rendering and physx parts of any game!

a physx gpu will mostly be overkill at that point /whoops.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whoops:' />
sure you can, thats the whole point of a dedicated physx gpu...the thing is im pretty sure your future fermi beast will be more than able to handle both the rendering and physx parts of any game!

a physx gpu will mostly be overkill at that point /whoops.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whoops:' />

Posted 11/10/2009 03:16 PM   
Thanks for the reply,

I just didnt want to waste money on a card that wouldnt be made use of when i finaly get the new card,

Just to confirm, do you need SLi bridge, as i think the 220 doesnt come with this...?

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply,

I just didnt want to waste money on a card that wouldnt be made use of when i finaly get the new card,

Just to confirm, do you need SLi bridge, as i think the 220 doesnt come with this...?

Cheers!

Posted 11/10/2009 03:26 PM   
not if you use one card for physx...

anyway you wouldnt be able to sli the 220 with a 300 series
not if you use one card for physx...

anyway you wouldnt be able to sli the 220 with a 300 series

Posted 11/10/2009 03:47 PM   
Well, since we don't know how Fermi performce in gaming... we can't really say how a GT220 will perform as PPU.
Well, since we don't know how Fermi performce in gaming... we can't really say how a GT220 will perform as PPU.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 11/10/2009 07:08 PM   
I suppose so, gettting a little ahead of myself lol,

When is the ETA for fermi? (est)
I suppose so, gettting a little ahead of myself lol,

When is the ETA for fermi? (est)

Posted 11/11/2009 09:17 AM   
Scroll To Top