Dragon Age Origins and Physx
Greetings,

I think I have a problem with Dragon Age Origins and Physx Graphic card drivers.
I have a GF 9600GT with last Drivers (graphics and Physx).

When I run DA:O in the upper left corner appear "Physx > CPU", I think that It means that Physx is using CPU and not GPU for calculation. It cause a great drop of FPS (if character is stopped 30FPS, if in movement 6FPS = Gaming not possible).

How is it possible see "Physx > GPU" or don't use physx features?

Thanks for the Help

My PC is:
AMD 5600 core2
RAM 2Gb
GF Asus 9600GT
Greetings,

I think I have a problem with Dragon Age Origins and Physx Graphic card drivers.

I have a GF 9600GT with last Drivers (graphics and Physx).

When I run DA:O in the upper left corner appear "Physx > CPU", I think that It means that Physx is using CPU and not GPU for calculation. It cause a great drop of FPS (if character is stopped 30FPS, if in movement 6FPS = Gaming not possible).

How is it possible see "Physx > GPU" or don't use physx features?

Thanks for the Help

My PC is:

AMD 5600 core2

RAM 2Gb

GF Asus 9600GT

Posted 11/09/2009 02:27 PM   
Does the 9600 have enough VRAM to support PhysX? I'm guessing the engine took a look at your system and defaulted to CPU PhysX.
Does the 9600 have enough VRAM to support PhysX? I'm guessing the engine took a look at your system and defaulted to CPU PhysX.

Posted 11/27/2009 12:41 PM   
I've been playing DOA alot lately, and I didn't even realize it supported PhysX. My GeForce GTX 260 supports it, how do I enable it in DOA? The graphics settings don't have alot of options.. just low, medium, and high. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />
I've been playing DOA alot lately, and I didn't even realize it supported PhysX. My GeForce GTX 260 supports it, how do I enable it in DOA? The graphics settings don't have alot of options.. just low, medium, and high. /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Posted 12/14/2009 08:18 PM   
I'm using GTX275 and nvidia driver ver. 195.62 , lately i've noticed a slow down on my Dragon Age, so I turn on the PhysX Indicator, and it shows PhysX > CPU. I've search around some forums about it and found someone said that if I removed the PhysX driver, and install the PhysX driver included in Dragon Age disc, the game works well again. So I did that, and now there's no PhysX Indicator option in my nvidia control panel. I haven't test my Dragon Age yet. I'll write again when I found out the result.
I'm using GTX275 and nvidia driver ver. 195.62 , lately i've noticed a slow down on my Dragon Age, so I turn on the PhysX Indicator, and it shows PhysX > CPU. I've search around some forums about it and found someone said that if I removed the PhysX driver, and install the PhysX driver included in Dragon Age disc, the game works well again. So I did that, and now there's no PhysX Indicator option in my nvidia control panel. I haven't test my Dragon Age yet. I'll write again when I found out the result.

Posted 01/24/2010 10:32 PM   
afaik it only uses cpu physx and its only to simulate projectile trajectories, nothing fancy like batman:AA.
afaik it only uses cpu physx and its only to simulate projectile trajectories, nothing fancy like batman:AA.

Posted 01/25/2010 10:05 AM   
Scroll To Top