HP Mini 311-1037NR drivers
I've got a few of these units at work and they came pre-installed with Windows 7. I need to use XP, so instead of sending them back for the XP models I just downgraded the OS (using our volume license key).

I've tried downloading the Nvidia chipset and Nvidia vga drivers from HP, but the file says it's corrupt when you try to expand the EXE file.

I've spent over 2hours on the phone with HP trying to get the drivers but..... I think I'd get further talking to the wall.

IS there any chance I can get the drivers directly from Nvidia? I searched the driver page and don't see any files available on the website.

Thanks for any info.
I've got a few of these units at work and they came pre-installed with Windows 7. I need to use XP, so instead of sending them back for the XP models I just downgraded the OS (using our volume license key).

I've tried downloading the Nvidia chipset and Nvidia vga drivers from HP, but the file says it's corrupt when you try to expand the EXE file.

I've spent over 2hours on the phone with HP trying to get the drivers but..... I think I'd get further talking to the wall.

IS there any chance I can get the drivers directly from Nvidia? I searched the driver page and don't see any files available on the website.

Thanks for any info.

Posted 11/07/2009 01:49 PM   
Is it the ION LE chip?
Is it the ION LE chip?

Posted 11/07/2009 01:57 PM   
[quote name='turk4n' post='947004' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:57 AM']Is it the ION LE chip?[/quote]

There is a Nvidia ION label on the keyboard area, but I'm not sure if it's the LE or the regular.

I did have to download some sata drivers and slipstream them into an XP ISO before I could get XP to install.
[quote name='turk4n' post='947004' date='Nov 7 2009, 08:57 AM']Is it the ION LE chip?

There is a Nvidia ION label on the keyboard area, but I'm not sure if it's the LE or the regular.

I did have to download some sata drivers and slipstream them into an XP ISO before I could get XP to install.

Posted 11/07/2009 08:54 PM   
Could you not run XP inside VM on Windows 7 ?
Could you not run XP inside VM on Windows 7 ?

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 11/07/2009 08:57 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='947153' date='Nov 7 2009, 03:57 PM']Could you not run XP inside VM on Windows 7 ?[/quote]

i'm lucky if the mini will run the apps we need to support. I don't see this system running vm with any great success.
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='947153' date='Nov 7 2009, 03:57 PM']Could you not run XP inside VM on Windows 7 ?

i'm lucky if the mini will run the apps we need to support. I don't see this system running vm with any great success.

Posted 11/09/2009 11:27 AM   
[b]i'm just posting a resolution for future onlookers trying to get this done.[/b]
i had quite the time trying to find the proper driver to find the hdd during the XP setup installation. i've done this MANY times with all kinds of models/makes, and this one certainly took the cake.
anyway, use the link below. just run the .exe & browse to the extracted contents folder. you'll just need the files inside the sata-ide directory. choose you process --> either slipstream em into an xp cd then create your bootable usb flash drive using win2flash --- OR -- just create your typical bootable xp usb flash drive & load the sata drivers on an external floppy usb drive. feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions. i'll be more than happy to help whoever out..

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html[/url] [size=1](these work, trust me. don't use the ones on HP's site b/c they will not work)[/size]
i'm just posting a resolution for future onlookers trying to get this done.

i had quite the time trying to find the proper driver to find the hdd during the XP setup installation. i've done this MANY times with all kinds of models/makes, and this one certainly took the cake.

anyway, use the link below. just run the .exe & browse to the extracted contents folder. you'll just need the files inside the sata-ide directory. choose you process --> either slipstream em into an xp cd then create your bootable usb flash drive using win2flash --- OR -- just create your typical bootable xp usb flash drive & load the sata drivers on an external floppy usb drive. feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions. i'll be more than happy to help whoever out..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html (these work, trust me. don't use the ones on HP's site b/c they will not work)

Posted 05/13/2010 06:15 PM   
[quote name='webmastir' post='1055200' date='May 13 2010, 11:15 AM'][b]i'm just posting a resolution for future onlookers trying to get this done.[/b]

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html[/url] [size=1](these work, trust me. don't use the ones on HP's site b/c they will not work)[/size][/quote]
Hi - I am trying to do the same exact thing (i.e. install XP on this machine). Windows 7 is causing me such a loss in productivity. My question is this - does anyone have at hand step by step instructions on how you accomplish this. I already have a Windows XP slipstream disk with SP3. I even went the path of installing Windows XP on a new 2.5 laptop drive via my desktop and see if that would work and I still keep getting a blue screen with white writing that quickly flashes and then stops. When I try to install Windows XP via the originally installation disk, I get a similar blue screen with white writing that will not let me install Windows XP on this machine. Please help. All help is most appreciated. Thank You!!
[quote name='webmastir' post='1055200' date='May 13 2010, 11:15 AM']i'm just posting a resolution for future onlookers trying to get this done.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html (these work, trust me. don't use the ones on HP's site b/c they will not work)

Hi - I am trying to do the same exact thing (i.e. install XP on this machine). Windows 7 is causing me such a loss in productivity. My question is this - does anyone have at hand step by step instructions on how you accomplish this. I already have a Windows XP slipstream disk with SP3. I even went the path of installing Windows XP on a new 2.5 laptop drive via my desktop and see if that would work and I still keep getting a blue screen with white writing that quickly flashes and then stops. When I try to install Windows XP via the originally installation disk, I get a similar blue screen with white writing that will not let me install Windows XP on this machine. Please help. All help is most appreciated. Thank You!!

Posted 06/25/2010 02:30 PM   
[quote name='eagle12' post='1077904' date='Jun 25 2010, 09:30 AM']Hi - I am trying to do the same exact thing (i.e. install XP on this machine). Windows 7 is causing me such a loss in productivity. My question is this - does anyone have at hand step by step instructions on how you accomplish this. I already have a Windows XP slipstream disk with SP3. I even went the path of installing Windows XP on a new 2.5 laptop drive via my desktop and see if that would work and I still keep getting a blue screen with white writing that quickly flashes and then stops. When I try to install Windows XP via the originally installation disk, I get a similar blue screen with white writing that will not let me install Windows XP on this machine. Please help. All help is most appreciated. Thank You!![/quote]

Sure, i replied to your PM.
[quote name='eagle12' post='1077904' date='Jun 25 2010, 09:30 AM']Hi - I am trying to do the same exact thing (i.e. install XP on this machine). Windows 7 is causing me such a loss in productivity. My question is this - does anyone have at hand step by step instructions on how you accomplish this. I already have a Windows XP slipstream disk with SP3. I even went the path of installing Windows XP on a new 2.5 laptop drive via my desktop and see if that would work and I still keep getting a blue screen with white writing that quickly flashes and then stops. When I try to install Windows XP via the originally installation disk, I get a similar blue screen with white writing that will not let me install Windows XP on this machine. Please help. All help is most appreciated. Thank You!!

Sure, i replied to your PM.

Posted 06/25/2010 02:36 PM   
[quote name='webmastir' post='1055200' date='May 13 2010, 01:15 PM'][b]i'm just posting a resolution for future onlookers trying to get this done.[/b]

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.46_ion.html[/url] [size=1](these work, trust me. don't use the ones on HP's site b/c they will not work)[/size][/quote]

i tried installing from external cdrom usb drive & external floppy usb drive but the laptop would not recognize the external floppy usb drive the 2nd time that windows called for it. i have never created a bootable usb flash drive - can you please send me more detailed instructions on creating a bootable xp usb flash drive?
[quote name='webmastir' post='1055200' date='May 13 2010, 01:15 PM']i'm just posting a resolution for future onlookers trying to get this done.

i tried installing from external cdrom usb drive & external floppy usb drive but the laptop would not recognize the external floppy usb drive the 2nd time that windows called for it. i have never created a bootable usb flash drive - can you please send me more detailed instructions on creating a bootable xp usb flash drive?

Posted 07/10/2010 03:43 PM   
Scroll To Top